• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🍏🍎 what's your favourite type of apple? 🍎🍏

🍎 what is your favourite type of apple?

• fuji

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • gala

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • honeycrisp

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • red delicious

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • golden delicious

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • pink lady

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • granny smith

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • other? (specify/or share!)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • i don't like apples!

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Although I am someone who enjoys a good sweet red apple, unfortunately my teeth don’t enjoy them and so neither do I these days. I have a tooth condition, but when the treatment kicks in I hope to eat a honey crisp again :)

Anything that isn't a Mcintosh or Cortland, really. I'm not a fan of those 2 because of their grainy texture.

Granny smith has been a long time favourite of mine because I enjoy how tart they are and they also seem to be jucier than some other apple varieties. I will sometimes buy other kinds though if something else is on sale because I like most kinds of apples. I did get to try the Cosmic Crisp and I have to say it's definitely worth the hype, probably my favourite for red coloured apples.

I love crisp and sweet apples, so my favorites are Gala and Honeycrisp. I've never been a fan of soft or sour/tart apples, especially Macintosh. I think it's fine in recipes, but I don't enjoy it on its own.

Granny smiths, hands down. They're the only ones that taste sweet and fresh.

I like gala, honeycrisp, and pink lady :] I recently tried a sweetango apple and that was really good too

Honeycrisp and cosmic crisp are good for snacking. But also - Braeburn apples! I don't use a lot of sugar when baking, and braeburn is what I like to use. It's getting harder to find them in the stores, though.

I'm generally fine with most apples. Of the options on the poll, Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, and Pink Lady apples are all fine. I haven't seen Honeycrisp apples sold here, which is unfortunate given that they're rated the most highly in the poll!

Back