• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favourite AC bug?

How do you feel about bugs?

• Total voters
In the game (because irl I dislike most insects), I like many bug, especially the scorpion, tarantula and the palm beetles. With the scorpions and tarantulas I get the satisfaction of hunting them. The timing and precision are everything, otherwise you get warped back to your house and the bug is gone. The horned beetles are really cool, especially the horned hercules and I really like its Flick model. In fact there are many Flick models that I like which is why I like most of them in the game. Worst one has to be the mosquito. The mosquito is the worst in the real and AC world.

Scarab, roll your dung ball,
And roll away the night.
I push across the sun ball,
Golden Scarab light.

Yep, it’s the Scarab Beetle in this series. Bonus points to whoever can figure out where I stole those lines from.

The Emperor Butterfly is cool too, but not worth as much.

Yep, it’s the Scarab Beetle in this series. Bonus points to whoever can figure out where I stole those lines from.

The Emperor Butterfly is cool too, but not worth as much.
Haha is it from Flick? 😊

the fireflies ! so so cute and nostalgic for me. i wish sincerely that the model for them lit up, too 😭✨

Favorite bug... That is a really hard question. I like the way a lot of them look, and today I think of the earth-boring dung beetle because I love its purple color. :) It is often overlooked when people think of the bugs I think. I also really love the atlas moth, of course. Both lovely to see it on the trees and looks wonderful as a big model as well.

Man face stink bug. I have to get a model tbh. I have a “pet” one that lives in my house.

The golden stag. It is just so cute and valuable. :,3

My personal favorite is the monarch butterfly, which I raise each summer irl. Has a very special place in my heart.
My other faves are the Queen Alexandria's Birdwing. Biggest butterfly in the world. And the purple emperor, because I love the color.
I'm a big fan of bugs in general irl, though butterflies are my favorite.

I just realized I never stated what bug was my favorite. I thought I did but I guess that was in another thread.
My fav bug in ac is the Goliath Beetle. I really like the color palette and I like the big beetles in ac in general anyway. They are interesting shapes, sizes, and colors.

Of course I would always prefer butterflies because they are cute and beautiful. But moths, bees and dragonflies are nice as well. Plus bees are useful for nature!
Queen Alexandra's birdwing is probably my favorite! Big, big one!

I don't like the idea of bugs being on or near me, but as a good friend of mine is an entomologist, I do have to acknowledge the power and utility of bugs in our environment. I love honey. I buy tons of Burt's Bees lip balm. I eat lots of foods that need pollination. Bugs help start that cycle of decay and breakdown of all the dead things and trash in the world so things can renew. But do I scream a little Everytime I see a bug? Totally:) I think even butterflies.... Although they are pretty, I went to a great butterfly house one time and it was a little stressful. They were great to look at with all their pretty floaty colors, but I had to watch my step everywhere so as not to accidentally smash one. When you exited, there was a double door chamber with a mirror so you didn't pick up any hitchhikers.
I think I have too much of a hate hate relationship with mosquitoes and too many pollen allergies so there are just too many negative associations unfortunately.

I very much dislike a lot of the bugs in life and in the game.

But I am very fond of the honeybees <3

For bugs IRL, it sometimes depends, but I LOVE fireflies, ladybugs, butterflies, moths, some species of spiders (Okay, they're arachnid...but whatever LOL), bumblebees, and mantises!
For animal crossing:
1- Emperor Butterfly
2- Queen Alexandra's Birdwing
3- Orchid Mantis
4- Mantis
5- Rosalia Batesi Beetle
^-^

I'm in the aaaah! Bugs!!! group...

The bad -

Mole cricket. I can't dig anymore! I dug everywhere, accidentally hit a rock, and ruined my flowers - but still can't find the mole cricket!!

Tarantula and scorpion. I missed. Again. And now I'm back at my house. Again. 😑

Mosquitoes. Stop it! I'm fishing! Well, I was fishing. Now I'm just itchy. Aaand here comes another one...

Wasps/bees. Of course my face doesn't normally look like this!

Cockroaches. I was here just 5 minutes ago. I squished every single one of you creepy little things! This. House. Was. Clean. I mean, yeah, ok, i did time travel a wee bit, but still....

If I had a favorite....maybe the atlas moth? It's big, easy to spot, harmless, won't infest your house. What's not to love?

Back