• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favourite AC bug?

How do you feel about bugs?

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Magic Red Rose
Magic Red Rose
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
I'm going to have to say any of the butterflies, because bugs are scary! 😭

edit: Nvm, it's definitely bees. 🐝💜

Last edited:
the only bugs i like in real life are butterflies, moths, caterpillars, ladybugs and snails, but the bugs in animal crossing are okay! my favourite are the butterflies, specifically the monarch and emperor butterflies! 🦋🧡

i gotta be honest, though… the tarantula and scorpion scare me LOL. i know they literally can’t hurt me, but just seeing them scurry around my island freaks me out so much— beyond the one of each i had to catch for my critterpedia and museum, i try to avoid them 🤣

i love all the butterflies and beetles and scorpions and the spiders and the bees and now that i'm typing this out i realize it's basically all the rest of them. not a big wharf roach fan though they remind me of house centipedes

Snails!!!! But since they're technically mollusks and not insects, oak silk moths, atlas moths and madagascan sunset moths.

Honestly, anything that isn't a mosquito or mole crickets. I hate having my actions interrupted by mosquito bites, and the mole cricket sound is so awful that I have to mute my sound any time I encounter one. It doesn't help that they spawn everywhere and are only gone a few months out of the year!

For me it's the Emperor butterfly,birdwing, and peacock butterfly. I'm with Blathers on the rest of them.

Not a massive bug fan but they have some cool ones in ac, faves would be butterflies - especially the Queen Alexandra’s Butterfly, so grand and pretty

My favorite bug in Animal Crossing is the Atlas Moth because the tips at the top corners of its wings look like mimic snake heads and I think it looks really cool.

I'm also partial to the mantis and orchid mantis because one of my friends raises mantids as pets and I've grown to appreciate them more as a result, though I always thought they were cool in the first place.

Other cool bugs for me include the fly, flea, golden stag, scarab beetle, scorpion, snail, spider, and tarantula. The fly and flea because their being so tiny makes for cool models from Flick. The golden stag because it's worth so many bells, especially in New Leaf where you can farm them on Tortimer Island. Scarab beetle because scarabs are neat. Snail because I like their spiral shells. Spiders because I've grown to appreciate (not dangerous to humans) spiders as I've gotten older. Scorpions and tarantulas because they're huge and make for the best in-game pet bugs aside from the mantises in my opinion.

Don't really care for them otherwise, but shoutout to all the various cicadas too for the cool sounds they make.

Wasps because they are easy to catch when shaking the Sapling Trees and when you save enough of them and sell them to Flick you can earn a lot of bells.

Defently the Atlas Moth, even though it terrified me when I first saw it xD

But Atlas Moth in general are really interesting creatures

I like the crickets and bell crickets in Animal Crossing because they appear in cute little cricket cages when you display them, and they make a nice sound in your house. I put a few in some of the rooms of my house, just for the ambience.

I like the butterflies the most, especially the great purple emperor and emperor butterfly for their lovely colors. Also, I enjoy decorating my island with butterfly models cuz they're so pretty 🦋

Other than that, I like the orchid mantis and ladybugs.

I love all the beetles in the game. They're just so cool and cute. I'm really jealous of people keeping them as pets and I'd love to have one, it's just unfortunate their lifespans are so short. But just imagining plucking off a giant stag beetle from a tree would be amazing.

They are all pretty cool tbf even the scorpion and tarantula! Butterflies are the prettiest, though

I voted for like some bugs

Irl I'm not a fan of bugs being on me, but certian ones are interesting to watch.
I also think it would be cool to meet some of the giant bugs.
In ac, I love bugs. I just hate the centipedes, tarantulas, mosquitos, and scorpions.

The fireflies, cicadas, crickets, and beetles are my favorites.. A few months ago i saw a horned atlas beetle (or something really similar to it) in a parking lot at nighttime. Unfortunately it was dead :( I wish I could figure out where to go to find some alive ones!

in real life, i hate bugs and all spiders if they're crawling on me. they're not invited.. permission to be on my arm when?? 😭

animal crossing-wise, not a fan the high pitching bZzZZz that the mosquitos make when they're near your character. i just want to chill and listen to the hourly music honestly. i'm a fan of all of the different types of stags in-game 😌

Back