• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what's your favorite type of pasta?

fave pasta shapes

• Total voters

Saylor

sleepyhead
Bells
Switch
4176-2846-7207
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
my favorites are penne, angel hair, and bow-ties! I also love fun ones like animal shapes and if I see them at the store I will get them

This was a tough one. I went with penne and shells but bowties deserve an honourable mention. Also they have that box of mini alphabet letters you put into soup which I love

Dino pasta!! I love pasta that comes in fun shapes. I think my most eaten pasta would really be any of the spiral shaped ones... they are so pleasing. I also love bowties they are so cute!! And I'll never turn down cheese filled tortellini... especially rainbow coloured ones. Really any kind of rainbow coloured pasta is superior in my books!!

Omg??? And stars!!! Pastina pasta is so good... I love those lil stars. 🌟

Dino pasta!! I love pasta that comes in fun shapes. I think my most eaten pasta would really be any of the spiral shaped ones... they are so pleasing. I also love bowties they are so cute!! And I'll never turn down cheese filled tortellini... especially rainbow coloured ones. Really any kind of rainbow coloured pasta is superior in my books!!

Omg??? And stars!!! Pastina pasta is so good... I love those lil stars. 🌟
I can't believe I forgot about pastina! the little stars are perfect for soup

Fettuccine is definitely my favorite pasta dish. Ravioli, gnocchi and lasagna are also pretty top tier.

Rotelle, the little wagon wheels, are pretty neat. I've also just learned of the existence of stelle, which are in the shape of tiny little stars and apparently used for soups, and they're cute.

Edit: Oh, turns out they're also known as the pastina discussed above. Didn't see those posts until now.

Fettucine is my favorite, easily. There's an Italian restaurant near me that makes the best chicken fettucine alfredo you will ever have (been going there for decades now).

my favourite type of pasta is yes

the only pasta i don't like is angel hair, it's a texture thing.

1710130196976.png

fact: the wheel shape variety of pasta makes everything tastier, especially mac n cheese (or should I say wheels n cheese)

i prefer short pastas like penne and bowties simply because i hate messing up my lipstick eating so eating longer ones like spaghetti is kinda annoying 😂 😂

I prefer penne because I’m basic and I believe it tastes the best. Pasta definitely tastes differently depending on the shape.

crazy that fusilli isn't on here. love those funky little twirls.
googling the others, i see rotini is also twirled, but they're different, apparently, and since i see fusilli everywhere but have never even heard of rotini, well, fusilli stays the superior twirl in my book.

my favourite type of pasta is literally anything other than spaghetti/anything spaghetti adjacent. i just feel like they're so boring and i think i had it a lot when i was younger so i definitely have grown to dislike it. i love macaroni, bow-tie, rotini and anything that's fun shaped! @/-Lumi- is the one who put me on to pastina which is such a cute little add on to any soup! seeing the little stars in my bowl just makes me feel so happy! 🥺

OR GNOCCHI , the absolute love of my life
omg I almost did add gnocchi but I was getting conflicting answers as to whether or not it was technically pasta!! but apparently I can still edit the poll so I added it now just for you (and Halloqueen) 🫶

Orzo is my current favourite.

Long-term loves are spaghetti, penne, fusilli, and giant conchiglie.

Back