• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

whats your favorite musical band?

fafninho

Bells
Hello! Well, I LOVE music so much, music is what saves me and makes me survive day to day, I've been creating playlists since 2018, always changing after going through a difficult or bad phase, because I can always go back to it and remember the music that made me feel good and accompanied me. But what about you? Do you have a favorite band? Personally I love the bands "O Grilo" and "Cidade Dormitório" from my country, and "Panchiko" and "TV Girl" foreign ones.

My playlist

Celtic Woman
Blackmore’s Night
Aqua
Selena y Los Dinos
ABBA
Faun
Los Bukis
La Sonora Dinamita
Sabaton
Powerwolf
Queen
The Beatles
Duran Duran
Culture Club
Chicago
Il Divo
Air Supply
Baccara
En Vogue
Modern Talking
Hall & Oates
The Pointer Sisters
The Weather Girls
The Village People
Toy-Box

Last edited:
My favorite band that I grew up with: Megadeth.

My favorite newer band: Disturbed.

My favorite classic band: Led Zeppelin.

My favorite foreign (non-English speaking) band: Malice Mizer.

Runners-up: Pink Floyd, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Rammstein.

agent orange
alkaline trio
angelspit
steam powered giraffe
the used
brand new
armor for sleep
dead or alive
descendents
dresden dolls
fugazi
nim vind
oingo boingo
orgy
zombina and the skeletones
goo goo dolls

there's some.

THIS MOST LIKELY DOESNT COUNT BUT FIFTH HARMONY. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I write so many things about them on here hahaha but Fifth Harmony is my favorite. I love Better Together and the music from Reflection, 7/27, and Self Titled is great. Even the girls solo careers have alot of bops. I am mega sad that Better Together was never released as a full album, we almost have all the B-Sides though! Maybe one day they will return, Ally and Dinah were teasing it a few months ago but nothing happened lol
also i stan
one direction and little mix now too, why do all the groups I like already disband-

I don't really listen to many bands in particular, outside of a random song here and there that I just happen to like. I'm very picky with most modern music.

With that being said, FLOW are probably the only band I can pick up an album for and instantly like most, if not all, of the tracks on it.

There are a TON of bands I like! It's hard choosing just one but if I had to it'd probably be Dark Tranquillity...excellent melodeath from Sweden. Most people who've seen what I post on here in the 'What are you listening to?' thread know by now I'm a HUUUGE metal head...name almost any metal band and chances are I listen to them. That being said I do listen to other stuff as well, just not as often. In particular, I have a soft spot for 60's psych rock and 70's prog and hard rock.

I've been on a soul/r&b kick recently, both old and new. So the artists I'm listening to most at the moment are...

Amy Winehouse
Aretha Franklin
Etta James
Sam Cooke
Lady Wray
Otis Redding
Ari Lennox
SZA

...but I like all types of music! Even country.

Since mp3 players became a thing, and youtube, I look individual songs more than actual bands or even albums anymore. I couldn't even guess what my favorite band is today.
There is a loss to looking at individual songs only. Sometimes it is fun to look at bands like you would book series and albums like a chapter book.

475246_545448232172671_764222411.jpg

If I had to pick one band,it would probably be Queen.I grew up listening to their music and was lucky enough to see them live twice.Here are some of my other favorite bands:

-The Doors
-The Who
-The Beatles
-Buddy Holly and the Crickets
-The Church
-Squeeze
-The Three O'Clock
-The Raspberries
-Devo
-Sing-Sing

So, my music taste is all over the place. My playlist is literally called “pov: your playlist is as bipolar as you” 😂 Some of my favorite bands are:
  • ABBA
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • The B-52s
  • The Backseat Lovers
  • Beach Bunny
  • Beach House
  • Beach Weather
  • Black Box Recorder
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Breaking Benjamin
  • Cage the Elephant
  • The Cardigans
  • carolesdaughter
  • Cavetown
  • Cigarettes After Sex
  • The Crane Wives
  • Deftones
  • Evanescence
  • Foster the People
  • Get Scared
  • Ghost
  • girl in red
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Gorillaz
  • Green Day
  • GROUPLOVE
  • The Growlers
  • I Monster
  • Jack Off Jill
  • Linkin Park
  • The Maine
  • MARINA
  • Mother Mother
  • Movements
  • My Chemical Romance
  • The Neighbourhood
  • Nirvana
  • Paramore
  • Peach Pyramid
  • Pierce the Veil
  • Radiohead
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Roar
  • Seether
  • Set It Off
  • Sidewalks and Skeletons
  • Soho Dolls
  • Static Dress
  • The Strokes
  • Studio Killers
  • Sunken
  • Surf Curse
  • System of a Down
  • Tame Impala
  • Teen Suicide
  • TV Girl
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • UPSAHL
  • Vacations
  • Vundabar
  • Wallows
  • The Walters
  • Waterparks
  • zzzhara
Needless to say, my music is all over the place lol. My all time favorite band is Pierce the Veil, and my two favorite artists are Melanie Martinez and SZA.

duran duran, depeche mode and pet shop boys. out of the 3, depeche mode simply because they made my most favorite song ever.

If i answered this question a few years ago i would be writing an essay lmeow but as music has become more of a backend interest of mine i think i can narrow it down to curve, morcheeba, a tribe called quest, cocteau twins, faith no more, mr. bungle, the smashing pumpkins, the police, & oingo boingo

n.flying and day6… xd

nowadays i mostly listen to bands, but i don’t have a lot i that i just put on and listen to. i like what i’ve heard from glass animals and paramore. arctic monkey’s am album is really good but i don’t think they really have done much else sadly. novelbright is cool too.

just realized i forgot about the spin doctors how did i forget about them

If you count one-man bands, Owl City has always been number 1 in my heart (and Spotify Wrapped) 🥹 Although I'm really really starting to get into MyGO!!!!! after they aired the band's anime a few months back. idk it makes me happy whenever I listen to their songs.

Glass Animals, A Perfect Circle, Modest Mouse, and Ghost are probably my top four favorite bands of the last 10+ years!

Also really love or enjoyed at some point:
- Franz Ferdinand
- Ugly Casanova
- Tally Hall
- Miracle Musical
- Devics
- Built to Spill
- Beirut
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Interpol
- Nirvana
- Jimi Hendrix
- The Gorillaz
- The Goo Goo Dolls
- alt-J
- Led Zeppelin
- Deftones
- Team Sleep
- Wolf Parade
- She Wants Revenge
- Mimicking Birds
- Broken Bells
- The Bravery
- The Killers
- Backstreet Boys
- NSYNC
- Spice Girls
- TLC
- Muse only their first 5 albums
- Keane only their first 2 albums
- My Chemical Romance really only like 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge though.. and some Black Parade
- Coldplay way overplayed and don't like the newer stuff
- Linkin Park way overplayed and don't like the newer stuff
- The Dresden Dolls overplayed (myself, as a kid)
- White Stripes way overplayed
- 30 Seconds to Mars... though pretentious and creepy vibes these days. Also can't stand anything beyond their 2005 album

Back