• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What’s your favorite boss battle theme?

Raid bosses are bosses right?

Besides that just about anytime Crush 40 kicks in from the Sonic games and then various Pokemon tracks.

I dont know if these count as boss music but I really like Dimentio's normal theme from Super Paper Mario!!! Its really creepy and mysterious but kind of fab just like Dimentio! I also really like the overworld normal battle music from Dragon Quest XI!!

Going retro here...the final boss theme from Contra Hard Corps:
Metal as ****! \m/

This beauty.
I played Deltarune Chapter 2 much later after it came out, but somehow avoided spoilers. First time hearing this boss battle music, I was so hyped and really made the battle soooo much more fun.

This beauty.
I played Deltarune Chapter 2 much later after it came out, but somehow avoided spoilers. First time hearing this boss battle music, I was so hyped and really made the battle soooo much more fun.
Just when I thought I'd finally gotten this song out of my head...

This totally doesn't sound like my aesthetic, but idk Mouth Wide Open (from Lisa the Painful) is a total banger and one of my all-time favorite boss themes. To quote one of the comments, "this is totally me when i am fighting random degenerates in a post apocalyptic future"

Spider Dance from Undertale is another banger. The spider boss is really cute and the music fits her so well. It actually makes me wanna dance.

This IMMEDIATELY came to mind:
Honestly, i could fill this reply with just KH music alone, they're all amazing.
This one is also pretty good.

I have several that I really like but if I had to pick one, I’d have to say Galacta Knight’s Kirby Superstar Ultra Theme is the best. It’s just so different from other boss themes in the Kirby series with only Queen Sectonia’s being able to match how epic the Galacta Knight boss theme is.

I don't know the actual name of the song, but I remember the music playing during the final boss fight of the first Bravely Default game being really good (that whole game had a pretty solid soundtrack, actually).

While Octopath Traveler disappointed me on a story and pacing level, the music is excellent. Decisive Battle Theme 1 hypes me up every time I hear it (alas I can’t find a YouTube link that only has that song).

Live A Live’s standard boss battle theme is great too.

Koopa Bros Theme from Paper Mario 64

Let’s just say I spent a looong time listening to this one, so it’ll always be in my head…

there is no way i could choose just one

Let's see, there's:

Asgore (undertale)
Heartache (undertale)
Battle against a true hero (undertale)
Finale (undertale)
Metal crusher (undertale)
Spider dance (undertale
Mad mew mew (undertale)
BIG SHOT (deltarune)
The world revolving (deltarune)
vs Dame Dedtime (yokai watch 2)
The final battle (everhood)
72 (everhood)
Powers of destruction (everhood)
Feisty flowers (everhood)
Revenge (everhood)
You want gnomes (everhood)
Reconciliation (everhood)
Wrath of god (everhood)
Euthanasia rollercoaster (everhood)
Souvenir de La Boum Avec Sophie Marceau (everhood)
Calamari Inkatation (splatoon)
In the final (mario and luigi Bowser's inside story)
U.N. Owen was her (touhou project)
Night of nights (touhou project)
Bad apple (the original version, not the one with lyrics, touhou project)
Porky means business (earthbound)

Jesus Christ so many of these are from everhood

Last edited:
I'll post a link to my all time fav, which is Popoi's theme from Puyo POP Fever.
GCN ver:
GBA ver:

Which do you like more?

(the GCN one's thumbnail uses the DSI version's boxart, but it still works.).

Back