• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon What’s your favourite Pokemon?

Eevee and all its evolutions. They’ve always been my favorites since I was a kid. I’ll always love them no matter what. 🙂

Right now my favorite is probably a toss-up between Golurk, Pancham, and Appletun. For Golurk, I've always just had an immense soft spot for golems and other golem-inspired constructs in fiction—The Iron Giant was one of my absolute favorite movies when I was tiny. Would love to have a giant protective stone/clay/etc. robot friend fr fr. Pancham is just extremely cute, like, it's a tiny delinquent panda cub. I'm terrified. And Appletun because APPLE PIE DRAGON. and the floppy ear eyes 😭
For a long time my favorites were the entire Shinx evolutionary line, and I still do love them, but I think I might just be getting a little tired of Sinnoh for the time being. ;u;

My all-time favorite is Ampharos. She flaps her little arms and summons lightning from the heavens.

1708361704586.png

I feel like I have three favorites for different reasons.

Wooper, because its cuteness and silliness is endearing. Someone very dear to me ended up developing a whole personality for a Wooper I possessed, and he became very precious to me for all of the shenanigans and crazy headcanons we came up for him. Not to mention, it's got great colors, and Quagsire and Clodsire are both very huggable evolutions. I feel like Wooper is who I would choose as my first Pokémon if I were to venture out in the world as I am today.

Bulbasaur, because he was my first starter, and he was my favorite of Ash's Pokémon in the anime. My friend and I used to pretend to be trainers when we were kids, and recalling the memories of those adventures warms my heart. Nostalgia might make him a favorite, but I can't help it. ❤️

If I were to ignore my biases and just pick a favorite based on my personal tastes, it would be Swablu/Altaria. Birbs are my thing, and they're based off of the mythological bluebird of happiness, which I think is wonderful and very true to its design. It would be impossible to feel sad hugging one of those guys. I also love its typing and wish that mega evolutions were still a thing, because Fairy/Dragon is amazing and we need more. :)

Ivysaur is my overall favourite Pokémon, but I'm also a fan of Mawile, Slowbro, and Ampharos.

Honorable mentions to Pidgeot, the original three fossil Pokémon, Alolan Marowak, Slowpoke, Articuno, MewTwo, Sandslash, and Nidorina. 😊

Back