• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite Animal Crossing character?

My favorite special character is Rover, helped largely in part by the fact that he is a cat and I love the Animal Crossing cats. He is a cute character though, always positive and the interactions with him were always fun. It's a shame his appearances in most games are so rare, but at least in City Folk you get to see him every time you start the game up! Kicks is a other great character too, though it wasn't until New Horizons that he ended up becoming a favorite due to how frequently I'd seem him compared to earlier games (I rarely interacted with him in City Folk, and maybe used his shop in New Leaf twice ever).

As far as villagers go, my favorite in the series is Mitzi because she is just so dang cute and nice. She was also the first villager I ever met in the whole series and was the first "repeat" villager I had between games, as she was one of my first move-ins in Wild World which I had bought a week after starting the Animal Crossing series. Rizzo comes in at a close second with his awesome design, and the fact that he was also a repeat character (first in GameCube, then in City Folk where he became a fast favorite) also helped give him a boost from recognition. I've had nothing but good interactions from him across every game he was in.

Back