• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's trending in your town?

Grizzly, Daisy and I are all wearing the comfy shirt, after I gave it to Daisy as her birthday present! As for the rest, I try to keep everyone original, but many of the villagers are picking up Grizzly's catchphrase of 'grrr...' (which is amusing coming from the tiny hamster that is Graham! They also all picket up calling me 'dearie' from Bam!

For some reason in my town everyone wants to call Mayor Hippie 'Sugar H' I'm really not sure where it came from either xD

Chadder's catchphrase gets all the ladies in town, except for Ankha. I'm so proud of the cheese mouse, finally living it up to his dreams of becoming popular in the town.

Well... whenever there's Chadder in the dream villages I visit, almost everybody copies his "fromage" catchphrase. Fromage sounds tr?s chic. Chadder's a trendsetter.

Chadder is fabulous! Haha. I can totally imagine him holding classes, getting everyone to pronounce "fromage" correctly ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I recently changed a villagers catchphrase to 'bubblebutt' and it's been a couple long time while since then and everyone is just spamming it around town, bubble bubble bubble butt <3

Haha, that's adorable! Bubblebutt :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

At one point in Ruddyoak, Tabby started this drawn-out trend of everyone trying to buy/sell/gift/re-gift/buy back this one bath mat.

Haha, I used to play a game similar to that at work. Only the aim of the game was at the end of shift to not be the person who had the item ;)

That stupid white blouse/shirt you instantly have in Able sisters. I can not make design (I'm not a good drawer) so they stay there and 6 villagers already wear it!
It's driving me crazy!

That stupid white blouse/shirt you instantly have in Able sisters. I can not make design (I'm not a good drawer) so they stay there and 6 villagers already wear it!
It's driving me crazy!

Replace the shirts with hats and nobody will wear the designs!

in fantasia, everyone is wearing either a shirt i made that says 'nerd' and a heart on it, or an orange pinstripe shirt.

in fawnland, it seems everyone i talk to has taken fang's catchphrase, cha-chomp.

Everyone in my town started calling me Lady T on the same day! I was going around planting flowers, and every single ping I got was one of them saying "I heard others are calling you Lady T, can I do it too?"

It was a matter of little more than 30 minutes!

Mostly everyone in town is calling me Miss J and Lolly's catchphrase of 'bonbon' is spreading to the other villagers. Lolly was wearing the ducky shirt from the Able Sisters for a bit but I made her change quickly because I was worried about it spreading.

Not recently, but.. I made a striped/star shirt and put it up in Able Sisters just because. Not too long after, EVERYONE was wearing it. Luckily my precious Flurry hasn't changed her shirt yet.

In my secondary town, Cally started spreading the lemon gingham shirt around. So Poppy, O'Hare, Ricky, Peanut are all wearing that shirt. Filbert was until he put on one of the patterns I have display in that town. Also a villager (forgot who) gave me the nickname 'genus' and now all the villagers are calling me that...

In my main town the bunny tee seems to be a thing.

Last edited:
I once got frustrated that my jock villager wasn't suggesting pwp. So, as a kind of joke, I made his catchphrase "suggestpwp."

He moved out two months ago (in-game time. About a week ago irl) and EVERYONE IS SAYING IT! Everyone! It's spreading like wild fire! It's so annoying :(

I got Poncho to move in, and he was saying it by his second day in town. I hate it.

I once got frustrated that my jock villager wasn't suggesting pwp. So, as a kind of joke, I made his catchphrase "suggestpwp."

He moved out two months ago (in-game time. About a week ago irl) and EVERYONE IS SAYING IT! Everyone! It's spreading like wild fire! It's so annoying :(

I got Poncho to move in, and he was saying it by his second day in town. I hate it.

Haha! I love this! It must be awful for you but it really made me giggle :)

Back