• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your villagers' backstories

EZbot

boy do I love robots
Bells
Tasty Cake
Originally posting this in a different thread, but I want to make my own now hahah

Have you ever imagined the lore behind your villagers? How did they get to your island? What kind of life do they have?
Here's what I have in mind for mine! I just finished writing the backstories for my villagers XD Hope you won't mind the long post! Just for fun I also included gijinkas so I could fully immerse myself in their respective roles.

Main Villagers

Screenshot 2023-11-09 163154.png

Blanche (Proprietress)

Ever crafty and elegant, Blanche the white stork offers top-notch hospitality as the proprietress of the best (and only) inn of Rainstorm Isle. Wisteria Inn provides traditional zen-style rooms with hot springs and regional cuisine for tourists who are less keen on roughing it up at the campground. The dining area doubles as a snack bar with a fine selection of liquor during the night, in which local residents of age usually mingle after a long day.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 163231.png

Buzz (Construction Manager)

Buzz the golden eagle used to not have much to do besides tinkering away in his junkyard, but after the tourism boom on the island began, demands for building new homes and town infrastructures went through the roof. You can always hear Buzz grumbling about how busy he is, but you’ll never see him slacking on the job. Now that business is booming, he's hopeful he could save enough money to finally buy his dream sports car.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 162459.png

Del (Harbormaster)

When it comes to the safety of Rainstorm's stormy sea, you’ll never see anyone more alert than Del and his trusty patrol boat. From lighthouse duty to regulating vessel traffic, he ensures no scallywagging will occur under his watch. When he’s not on duty, you can find him fishing in the harbor or reminiscing about his days back in the Navy. Ironically, despite being an alligator, it seems the river is not under his jurisdiction.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 162535.png

Ribbot (Police Officer)

Jet-powered leaping legs! Water-proof and corrosion-proof metal body! Laser beam croak! Ever since his spaceship's unfortunate mishaps have left him stranded on the island, this metal frog has finally found his calling to fully utilize his mechanical arsenal to serve and protect the residents of Rainstorm Island. One might argue that jets and lasers as crime deterrents were slightly overkill for a sleepy little island town, but you can never be too prepared.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 162645.png

Petri (Doctor/Scientist)

Petri does have a medical license, technically, as it comes together with her molecular biology degree. Her small clinic treats every sickness and wound, or at least something to keep you alive long enough before you are transferred to a bigger hospital. Her medicine either tastes bland or extremely bitter with no in-between. Incidentally, this white mouse spent most of her weekends in her laboratory breaching the lines between science and fiction.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 162742.png

Raymond (Accountant)

It’s fair to say Raymond’s beginning on the island was rocky. He was on the fast track - corner office, full benefits, stock options - until he got transferred to work as the town clerk on a remote island. Used to the convenience of the big city, this grey cat initially came off as a snob, but has since made his peace and is now fully acclimated to island living. Freed from the fast-paced lifestyle, Raymond has now begun pursuing his boyhood dream of writing a novel.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 162930.png

Coco (Farmer)

From farming veggies, foraging mushrooms, or chopping bamboo, Coco is in complete synergy with mother nature. It was as if this rabbit was one with the earth herself. She's also timid, so only local residents know of her habits and appearance well. Many tourists have often reported sightings of huge walking gyroid restocking veggies for the self-service pop-up stand around the crack of dawn, but residential service has since reassured them.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 163107.png

Lucky (Ranger)

Thanks to Lucky, the campground and mountain are safer than ever. His past is a mystery even to himself, but the local residents have been more than helpful to the point he couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. You can find him sleeping during the day, then awake at dusk to do his nighttime patrol. If you thought the sight of a bandaged dog with glowing eyes wandering around the woods at night is more than a bit unsettling, you'll be absolutely right.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 163324.png

Sprinkle (Illustrator)

Tired from the hustle and bustle of city life, Sprinkle is confident her big move to Rainstorm Island is the best choice she ever made. Being an illustrator for books and advertisements, there’s now a certain tranquility in her art that makes this teal penguin even more popular than before. She’s quite active on Nookstagram and has gained considerable followers on social media posting pictures of her drawings and daily life on the island.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 163512.png

Frita (Grocer)

No idea what to cook for dinner? Frita’s Grocery got you covered with her menu kits for popular recipes such as curry or fried shrimp! If you're too busy to cook, her selection of ready-made food by yours truly is the perfect quick, easy meal (taste not guaranteed). For visiting tourists, she also stocks local specialties as souvenirs. The latest, juiciest gossip around the island is included with every purchase. Frita never fails to go karaoke every weekend.

BONUS: Former Villagers

Screenshot 2023-11-09 164008.png

Beardo (Professor/Town Elder)

It's been several years since Professor Beardo retired from teaching, yet he never stopped doing his research. Fascinated by folklore and legends, this gentlemanly blue bear is determined to spend his remaining years revealing the invisible historical facts hidden on Rainstorm Island. Beardo lives in the old manor up on the hill overlooking the island. His hobby is collecting books for his library, which to this day is still growing.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 164054.png

Tia (Maid)

Ever since she was a little elephant, her dream has been to work in an English-style manor wearing the iconic maid uniform. From cooking, cleaning, and serving - she does her job flawlessly. Most of all, the tea she brewed is the most exquisite. Tia truly loves her job as a maid, so much so that her employer has to remind her to clock out before 6. She loves to read books before bedtime, especially romance novels.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 164140.png

Zucker (Fisherman/Cook)

With Zucker, you can practically smell summer on him. The ever-present aroma of savory sweet sauce emanating from this octopus brings you back to the memories of festivals, the sea, and fireworks. Only at Zucker's Beach House can you eat festival food, rent swimming or fishing equipment for any season. He’s also an exceptionally good fisherman. You can place an order for any seasonal fish and he’ll catch it within a week.

Last edited:
I have 2 islands. Both are WIPs, but one is a "humans messed up and now nature came back wrong" island, and the other is themeless. The first island, Comet Bay, only has one villager with a backstory- Stitches.
Stitches was originally an average teddy bear. However, during The Incident that led to the island's nature being "wrong", Stitches was left behind by the humans desperate to escape. He came to life, and is now wandering in search of the little child he belonged to...
My other island is called Seastar, named after the first island I made, and is missing just 3 dreamies- Stitches (again), Astrid, and Murphy. As for villagers that have backstory, there's only one really: Kabuki. In my headcanon, this Kabuki was the one originally from my Wild World town of Home, and when my Resident Rep. "met" him, having changed from a girl named Rose to the nonbinary person named Alex, Kabuki didn't recognize them. It hurts Alex that Kabuki didn't recognize them. Eventually, they told him. And were able to prove it- Kabuki, in my headcanon, told Rose that if someone scratches behind his ears, he'll start purring like crazy. Alex did that, despite Kabuki not telling them, proving that they were once Rose.
[speaking of, anyone know how I can change my username?]
The other forever villagers on Seastar are: Drago, Pietro, Marcel, Sasha, Ketchup, and Marcie. Pietro, Marcel, and eventually Stitches and Astrid, are gonna run this massive amusement park. I actually did this amusement park idea before (minus Astrid) on a previous island, was fun. Marcie is here b/c she reminds me of my grandma (same name) and I'm gonna pair her up with Murphy, who reminds me of my grandpa (not sure why). Drago is because I love dragons, Sasha is a gender non-conforming king, and Ketchup is tied with Bluebear for my favorite Peppy.

I actually typed up some lore for my Wahu villagers, as well as a few non-residents I wrote short stories about as well. There's an entire post reserved for these pieces on my Wahu Journal in the respective TBT section. They're not long or overly drawn-out, just about 3-4 paragraphs for each villager that somewhat resembles actual Nintendo lore (though I went overboard with Lopez because he's so cool :cool:).

Here's what I have in mind for mine! I just finished writing the backstories for my villagers XD Hope you won't mind the long post! Just for fun I also included gijinkas so I could fully immerse myself in their respective roles.
Wow, your art with humans/humanoids resembling villagers is amazing, and I don't usually give out compliments about human-related AC art. All I can do is draw stick figures!

I don't normally browse through the museum section, but that may change real soon. Boy, does it seem like I'm missing out on some good content, and I really should compliment those, like you, that deserve it (that want it, anyways).

This is so awesome! I’m a huge fan of gijinkas and yours are nothing short of amazing!

Personally I don’t have much lore except that Moe is my son, Alfonso would probably be my other son if I had him, Kabuki is their grandpa, and I just decided right now that Gala is British because she reminds me of Peppa Pig’s mum.

I have 2 islands. Both are WIPs, but one is a "humans messed up and now nature came back wrong" island, and the other is themeless. The first island, Comet Bay, only has one villager with a backstory- Stitches.
Stitches was originally an average teddy bear. However, during The Incident that led to the island's nature being "wrong", Stitches was left behind by the humans desperate to escape. He came to life, and is now wandering in search of the little child he belonged to...
My other island is called Seastar, named after the first island I made, and is missing just 3 dreamies- Stitches (again), Astrid, and Murphy. As for villagers that have backstory, there's only one really: Kabuki. In my headcanon, this Kabuki was the one originally from my Wild World town of Home, and when my Resident Rep. "met" him, having changed from a girl named Rose to the nonbinary person named Alex, Kabuki didn't recognize them. It hurts Alex that Kabuki didn't recognize them. Eventually, they told him. And were able to prove it- Kabuki, in my headcanon, told Rose that if someone scratches behind his ears, he'll start purring like crazy. Alex did that, despite Kabuki not telling them, proving that they were once Rose.
[speaking of, anyone know how I can change my username?]
The other forever villagers on Seastar are: Drago, Pietro, Marcel, Sasha, Ketchup, and Marcie. Pietro, Marcel, and eventually Stitches and Astrid, are gonna run this massive amusement park. I actually did this amusement park idea before (minus Astrid) on a previous island, was fun. Marcie is here b/c she reminds me of my grandma (same name) and I'm gonna pair her up with Murphy, who reminds me of my grandpa (not sure why). Drago is because I love dragons, Sasha is a gender non-conforming king, and Ketchup is tied with Bluebear for my favorite Peppy.

Ohh interesting! Judging from your description I'm guessing the first island is either dystopia or horror theme? But I love the second island's amusement park theme!
My island is still a WIP too, it's gonna be a mix between citycore and rural theme. I find it hard to find time to go back to playing my island after the pandemic, but writing the island lore like this helps keeping my motivation going

Best of luck for both of us! I look forward to hearing more about your islands 🥰
Post automatically merged:

I actually typed up some lore for my Wahu villagers, as well as a few non-residents I wrote short stories about as well. There's an entire post reserved for these pieces on my Wahu Journal in the respective TBT section. They're not long or overly drawn-out, just about 3-4 paragraphs for each villager that somewhat resembles actual Nintendo lore (though I went overboard with Lopez because he's so cool :cool:).

Wow, your art with humans/humanoids resembling villagers is amazing, and I don't usually give out compliments about human-related AC art. All I can do is draw stick figures!

I don't normally browse through the museum section, but that may change real soon. Boy, does it seem like I'm missing out on some good content, and I really should compliment those, like you, that deserve it (that want it, anyways).
Aww thank you so much! 🥹 I'm happy you like it! I plan to draw 5 more villagers as "tourists", but I'm still busy with RL atm 😔

AhhhI love your island journal! Thank you so much for sharing! 😍 I want to make my own too, but since my island is still WIP I just cope by writing this backstories/lore thing. Reading your journal makes me realize I can still post stories even if the island is still unfinished. I might try writing one sometime soon
Post automatically merged:

This is so awesome! I’m a huge fan of gijinkas and yours are nothing short of amazing!

Personally I don’t have much lore except that Moe is my son, Alfonso would probably be my other son if I had him, Kabuki is their grandpa, and I just decided right now that Gala is British because she reminds me of Peppa Pig’s mum.

Thank you so much! 🥰 Writing and drawing them in slightly realistic settings are super fun, so I'm really glad someone likes it too! My personal favorite are Ribbot and Blanche

Haha I had the same thing in mind when I saw Gala = Peppa XD She's one of the cutest pig in the game for sure
Cats have so many good designs it's unreal. Honestly I really want Kid Cat on my island, but I don't want too many cats because I want variety

Last edited:
I do have an island lore of Royale-3. It's basically not done but I'm currently working on the backstories and lore for areas and villager arcs. Raymond and Knox are one of my "fleshed-out" villagers with a complete backstory. For the most part, I was playing around with the information provided in the Animal Crossing canon and fill out the rest of the story with ideas I do have in mind.

If you need summary on Raymond and Knox:

Raymond
is a former secret agent who lost half of his memories upon being stranded on a mystery island and was offered to live in Royale-3. He currently works at Able Sisters and aspires to be a fashion designer.
Knox is one of the last and current head knights of Royale-3 and his family had a strong lineage of serving and representing the island's inhabitants ever since the days of old. He is one of the current descendants of the important family that protects the island for generations. He aspires to be a writer, having to work on writing books.

You can read the ongoing island journal here if you're interested!

I am loving the art work that is amazing.......

The only back story I have for one of my islanders id Ed we have been best friends since 2013 and I have a story that he joined me on the plane to come live on my island together haha

Chevre:
Chevre is a French, cheese maker.
She enjoys poetry and reading in her spare time.
She likes to take a stroll around the island, and can be often seen reading, and wearing her glasses.

Biskit:
Biskit is a Hungarian, Ex-skateboarder. ( i chose Hungarian because he is likely based on a Vizsla dog, which are Hungarian bred )
He now enjoys being lazy and hanging out with friends more than anything.
Biskit is often outside, but he doesn't really do anything, mostly just hanging by himself ( or others ) and just vibing.

Biff:
Biff is an English, bodybuilder.
He enjoys working out, mainly muscle building, and using energy powder to keep himself going.
Biff is almost always outside when he's working-out, and when he isn't he's working-out inside.

Kevin:
Kevin is an American, sports enthusiast. ( he also does some sport on a casual level )
He works out mostly by running around the Island, he also fell in love with the ''suburban-dad'' life, and it shows.
Kevin is a fun loving guy, but i think he may live a little too much in has fanaticism...

Savannah:
Savannah is sub-Saharan African, zoologist.
She keeps herself busy with learning new stuff about animals.
Even though she doesn't have to aide to animals anymore, she still greatly enjoys them.

Ankha:
Ankha is an Egyptian, historian.
On the island there isn't much and so she decided to have her house near the beach, so she doesn't feel so homesick.
She keeps herself busy with playing volleyball on the beach and eating BBQ there quite often.

Celia:
Celia is an Italian, florist.
She loves flowers more than anything, she even gave some tips on how to arrange some of the flowers of the island.
Celia is quite shy and doesn't seem to interact with people, but you can always count on her to take care of the flowers.

Julia: ( she isn't in my town yet, but the Amiibo card does wonders )
Julia is a Brazilian festival Dancer
Julia is an out going girl who loves to have fun, she loves dancing and just chilling with her friends.
She has also an interest in bugs, especially on how to ward them off.

( i know there is technically still 2 left, but i don't care for these 2 as much, they are Shino and Pashmina. )

Stu is a retired jazz musician who settled in with his wife, Norma. He likes to sit in a recliner and watch classic western films, while she cooks food for him. He used to play jazz music with his old bandmates, Otis and Gonzo, and the band split up after something happened.

Tipper and Belle are actually the same villager, Tipper technically, "appeared", in Population Growing as Belle. Belle felt insecure about herself, because she felt that villagers were secretly bullying her and mocking her behind her back, as they didn't want a, "fat cow", in their town. Belle decided she's had enough, so she left Population Growing, and she moo-ved to Wild World, changed her entire appearance and her name. She has been going around town under the name, "Tipper", ever since.

I decided to do my favorite villagers in general rather than my residents. The only one on here who is a NH resident is Rooney. For now, I will start with three, I may make more later.

Rooney
Rooney is recognized as the greatest boxer of all time, even surpassing the likes of Mac and Rocco. He currently holds the belt for being the undefeated boxing champion. He may be among the older generation, but he still has a lot left to show. His punches are so strong, that he has even been known to punch heavy weight boxers out of the ring.

But he is more than a champion athlete. Underneath his very tough exterior, he is a very loving friend, a father figure, and a shoulder to cry on.

Unfortunately, he has a hard time making friends and maintaining friendships, but he cares for and cherishes his best friends beyond measure. 🥊 💕

Apollo
Apollo is quite possibly the most patriotic villager. He served 20 years in the air-force as a fighter pilot. As he loved flying high in the sky, he wanted to be a regular pilot once his military term ran out. 🇺🇲✈️

Astrid
Astrid is a very loving mother to her baby, whose father is unknown. Struggling to be a single mom, Astrid took up her #1 talent: Singing. It is a struggle for Astrid to juggle singing and motherhood, but she wouldn't trade it for the world.

I did my villager backstories in my blog, which you can find HERE

I suppose I do kind of tweak them a little here and there though or haven't touched on my original plans for them.

I am here for this art, it’s beautiful! I never considered backstories for my villagers, but your art is making me second guess that decision.

I must, I absolutely must comment just to say how majestic you are in character design, these gijinkas represent the whole essence of the characters, they are wonderful🥹 (maybe later I'll also write my headcanons about my villagers, I don't have many but I also like to build a story behind my town/island💕)

My villagers dont have backstories but they do all have jobs. Like ace is a farmer, midge is a florist, admiral runs a hot spring, jacques run the concert area, phoebe takes care of the graveyard, cranston is a fisher, twiggy is a pop star, and queenie an art collector. :)

Back