What's Bothering You?

i have my doctor’s appointment today and i’m so irritated by how anxious i am LOL. there’s literally no reason for me to feel like this. it’s just an appointment to get my meds (which clearly aren’t working if i still feel like this 🫠) refilled. i know what to say to the receptionist when i get there. i know to wait in the waiting room until they tell me what room to go to. i know how to pronounce the name of my meds. i know the pharmacists there are really nice. i know what to do and have a general idea of how this appointment will go, and yet i’m shaking and irritable and my stomach’s in knots.

i don’t know if it’s because i have to leave my apartment or because i have to see a male doctor or what. probably both. the fact that the fire alarm in my building has already gone off twice today did not help either. i miss my regular doctor, i was really hoping i wouldn’t have to get my meds refilled again until she was back from maternity leave. i’m tired and anxious and cold. i hate that i feel like this over every little thing. if i have to live my life, i would really prefer if i could do so without feeling like this all of the time.

The downside to being a biologist (biomedical / infection biologist specifically) is your friends come to you for medical advice. 9/10 times I'm comfortable answering them - I feel I'm good at calming people down from panicking they've a serious illness and can give them a realistic picture of what they could potentionally be up against before they have the opportunity to speak to their GP. But that 1/10 time you know you can only give bad news is awful. And you need to hear it from your doctor first; not from me.

I wish I wasn't so goddamn sensitive. It wasn't necessarily right of my stepmom to tell me "you're a ****ing idiot" and "get the **** out of my face" after she chewed me out for something, but I ran to my room crying and I STILL think I was overreacting. I really wish I could be indifferent and have the "I don't care" attitude I try to put up. It's probably not good for myself, but the way I see it? It's better than being emotionally vulnerable.

And I tried telling my stepmom that what she said upset me, and I get metaphorically spat in the face instead. Yeah, screw that. What's the point of opening up if I'm just gonna get more hurt?

To be honest I'm extremely sensitive too, but at least in my mind the people who are more in touch with their feelings are the best people. It doesn't make you weak to cry or be sensitive, it actually just means you're emotionally secure. People who aren't in touch with their feelings are the ones who are insecure in my opinion.

Sorry, I know this is somewhat unrelated to what you vented about, but I just thought it important to mention. Yes, being tough is good and all, but every now and then even the toughest of people need some support or to let out their emotions.

I hate when my insurance company forces me to get my medication delivered... and now I will be running out by the time they even ship it. It is a new one too. I can't afford to miss my doses, I have to be consistant with it in order for myself to fully adjust to it.
It JUST shipped but now they're telling me it's going to arrive at a later date than they told me. I've had to decrease my current dose from 2 pills to 1 just to last but I am down to my last one. I tried calling my doctor to see if he can send an emergency perscription to my local pharmacy but oh, of course, his office won't even answer. I'm just so frustrated with this right now.

I’m on day 3 of continuous headaches and have had 3 migraines in 60ish hours. Monday evening, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Hard to tell whether they are seasonal allergy type (least likely), hormonal (I have endometriosis and get migraines sometimes when my hormone levels drop back doen), or if they’re cervical from my neck. All I know is, it’s getting rather annoying going on this long.

I had that weird lump in my throat come back out of no where while driving and then I barfed all over myself. I didn't even get any nausea, just a feeling of something lodged in my throat. This better not continue cause there's no way to make it stop. It's just anxiety induced

i’ve been trying not to wait for my friend and even silenced my phone, yet i can’t help by the end of the day or when I look at phone think for a second about him and about when i’ll hear from him again. i miss talking to him. i know he’s busy but even though I am giving him space and wait for him to reply, i feel like he’s pushing me further away. i mean i know why, but why can’t we still talk and be friends even though he has a gf?

I’m so frustrated with myself and wish I was someone else and/or that we never met

Last edited:
I'm back to complain. I woke up and puked my brains out and now I'm here at my mom's physio appointment. It's weird cause I don't feel sick. My uterus feels off though so hopefully that organ of mine is doing well. I have to lift my mom's almost full weight to get her into her wheelchair and it's just too much today. My mom gets hysterical easily so I was pretending I'm feeling fine but she can sense something is off. I was literally like "I feel great, don't even worry lmao". Also I wiped yesterday's barf off my steering wheel but it still smells in my car. I think the pressure of taking care of my mom is getting to me which is terrible to even say.

Maybe I should avoid downloading heavily advertised games. They are cash grabs that like to steal money from people.

I know Homescapes already does this. Yeah, they are notorious for false advertising, but they guilt you into buying their coins if your box is full.

My appointment being cancelled earlier this week has mattered subtly. Dunno. Just needed to be able to get things out face-to-face.

I miss playing Rev2. I tried playing it again and got so overwhelmed. Not just by the game but memories. The guy who gaslit me years ago, then (not related to the game, but tangentially, losing friends) the guy I cut out. It’s complicated. It’s not something to write out in a public post.

It’s not nice having tangible evidence of my health going down, not being able to play that game right. But hey. Maybe that’ll be better some day. My dust allergy flaring up has changed my life and nobody is helping it.

I found the link to an Australian fighting game server which is great but I feel too emotionally overwhelmed to join right now. I even tried playing Strive (which is way more basic) with the bestie and got overwhelmed and I dunno. I’m in a mood where I desperately wanna play these games but I feel stupid doing it. They were formative for me, I love them, but man.

Also, god, it highlights how this country makes me feel isolated. A “dead” game in the USA would be absolutely thriving here. I’m so bored here. I wish it were only games I was complaining about, but in saying this every hobby here feels so dead.

it’s kinda petty but it sucks when you’ve been posting abt how excited you are for ur bday yet when the day comes no one is in sight to wish u a happy bday :,,) not even the ones you considered closest to you ! i wish i wasn’t so sensitive and i hate that i get sad abt this every year

Back