• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Year was your first Toy Day in Animal Crossing

What year was your first Toy Day in Animal Crossing

• Total voters
mine was in 2013 in new leaf! i experienced it before december since i was time travelling a lot haha, but it was still my first! i loved toy day in new leaf, and how your villagers would tell you throughout the month what they wanted, and you’d have to remember and give the right gift to each villager. wish it was like that in new horizons as well instead of you just delivering mystery wrapped toys to your villagers.

There’s not a 2020 option, but that was my first year as well. I have no idea how I even made it through my entire gaming childhood without even KNOWING about Animal Crossing.

mine was likely 2008 bc that's the first year I started playing Animal Crossing, and ofc it was on the gamecube :)

2016 for NL, 2022 for NH. Only after I restarted my town/island as well ^^;
For some reason I always get massive burnouts around this time of the year……

Mine was just this year in New Horizons. Didn’t know Shari was so festive lol

I don't 100% know, but I vaguely remember doing it in the original Animal Crossing, so probably 2003.

Mine was 2014, in New Leaf. I remember trying my hardest to find whatever my villagers wanted, and then one moved out two days before the event so I got frustrated. I prefer the toy day event in NL to NH because of the villager interaction.

Mine was 2020. I did play New Leaf before that but it was my first AC game and I didn't know there were so many events! I think I missed every single "real life" event :ROFLMAO:

I also didn't realize during my first toy day that
you get Jingle's photo by checking the stockings the next day
but the year after I realized that
Jingle gives you a very clear hint haha.

Mine was 2013 in New Leaf. What I remember most is misinterpreting the hints to mean what presents I should obtain for the villagers. So I went through the trouble to do that and then it turned out Jingle already had presents for all of them, lol.

Mine was 2015 in New Leaf. It was easy finding what most of my villagers wanted. When playing Toy Day in NH, I couldn't believe they hardly changed the formula for Toy Day other than official Toy Day presents (robot, puppy plush, etc). It was sort of touching and nostalgic when putting on the Santa outfit.

Mine was 2020 in New Horizons! I kinda just stumble through it though cause since it was my first I had no idea how it worked or what I was doing, and so did a lot of people so there was a lot of rumors and misunderstandings lmao
I was hearing so much about how the villagers would drop hints about what they'd want and how you had to remember it and give them the correct toy so I was really excited, but none of my villagers were saying anything specific about what they wanted other than just "TOY DAY'S COMING OMG"
And THEN I was hearing that on the day of Toy Day only your 3 oldest residents would give you a gift back after you gave them their toy, but I got gifts back from 3 villagers of varying seniority 😅😅

Looking back New Horizon's Toy Day compared to how it functioned in the past seems way watered down so I was kinda disappointed, but I have New Leaf so I hope to experience a proper Toy Day in that game soon c:

I’m not sure, but it was likely 2006 as that’s when I first started playing Animal Crossing. At least, that’s how I remember, lol.

Back