• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would you like the next Animal Crossing game to be called?

CozyVillager

talks to animals
Bells
Playful Scenery
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
Dino Plush
Daisy Easter Egg
When Animal Crossing New Horizons was first announced was anyone else a little disappointed by having another game title with 'New' in it? While I do think it fits the island theme, I sort of miss the sound of older titles like Wild World or City Folk.

Not to mention since the abbreviations for New Leaf and New Horizons are one letter off from each other google always tries to correct ACNL to ACNH when I'm looking up QR codes now. It's understandable since it's the latest game, but something like this could have been avoided if the titles were more distinguished from each other like the older games.

Does anyone else feel the same way? What would you like the next Animal Crossing game to be called?

It would depend on the type of game as we’ve had a few titles names for villages / towns.
New horizons fit this current game in my opinion as it was a fresh start on a far away ’nook island’
I would need to see gameplay or at least some good detail of the layout of the place the character would be living and the features before i could judge on a new title on its suitability.

Yeah, really depends on gameplay for me. I think the older names did have a certain charm to them though, but eh, nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Maybe something like, cozy, if that makes sense? Idk the context for gameplay but anything relaxing and calming for the next one would be something I'd like to hear

I’ve never thought about this. I think Population Growing had the most intriguing name. It was perfect for the Gamecube version, in my opinion. I would have no idea where to start with names as I’m not all that creative in the first place. I honestly think a few people refer to the games such as AC Switch and AC 3DS to avoid confusion, especially for fans who aren’t that into the franchise. I’m curious as to what the new title could be, but something tells me we’ll be waiting a few years. New Horizons is still pretty new and popular.

New horizons fit this current game in my opinion as it was a fresh start on a far away ’nook island’
I would need to see gameplay or at least some good detail of the layout of the place the character would be living and the features before i could judge on a new title on its suitability.
I think so too! Even if it is a little bit similar to the previous title, I couldn't think of a better name for it! And true! That's a really good point! The titles do tend to rely on the features of the game.
Maybe something like, cozy, if that makes sense? Idk the context for gameplay but anything relaxing and calming for the next one would be something I'd like to hear
Yeah same here! It would be fun if they expanded on some of the new features from the recent games. I really enjoy the garden in Pocket Camp, and with New Horizons updating the game to include pumpkins it would be fun if they continued to add more for you to grow! Even if it's still a small part of the game, it would be relaxing to be able to maintain a small garden or farm on the side.
I think Population Growing had the most intriguing name. It was perfect for the Gamecube version, in my opinion.
I agree! Especially since you can have up to 15 villagers in that game! It definitely lives up to its name.
I’m curious as to what the new title could be, but something tells me we’ll be waiting a few years. New Horizons is still pretty new and popular.
Yeah I think it will definitely be a while before the next game is announced, even moreso since the team is also working on Splatoon. But it's still fun to think about what the next game might be like though! 😃

Yeah I wouldn't want to see 'new' used again honestly. I can understand why they went with it though. Especially with the use of an airplane instead of a train, nook mile islands, kapp'n islands, and the vacation archipelago. Also how so much was introduced and broaden what you can do in animal crossing now. Farming cooking crafting interior decorating, outside decorating...

With farming and cooking introduced I don't know if they will go deeper in that direction or go deeper into interior decorating and thus move towards a cityscape with public buildings needing to be improved via remodel or built from the ground up. Essentially building onto the DLC idea.
I think that will effect the title.
I have a hunch on the cityscapes one..and may be a way to make it seem like alot of decorating going on, while limiting cluttered style decorating over the whole map causing lag.

absolutely no idea what the core concept of the next game is, so don’t really have any ideas for titles other than “don’t call it New Something again”

Animal Crossing: Brand New World.

I'm not really good with names. I want the world aspect though because I want it to expand from just one area to an entire world. Probably won't happen in my lifetime but one can dream

I am thinking it would be called these things:

• Animal Crossing: New Beginnings
  • Animal Crossing: Journey Onwards
  • Animal Crossing: Population: Blooming
That's all I got, they're good names for sure.

animal crossing: raymond’s revenge
this is what ya'll get for putting him in a maid outfit.

i think that it would depend on what the setting is for the next game, i think it's a 50/50 chance that "new" will be used in the title. "animal crossing: hometown" would be a cozy name if it returns to taking place in a forest.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing: Wayfarer (literally means someone who travels on foot)

Animal Crossing: Time Horizon, this is a joke. But I was wondering how a game where you could go to the past and future of older games?
Again this all depends on the sort of game it will become.

Back