Lobo
Isabelle
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Blue Hybrid Rose
Mint
August Birthstone (Peridot)
I'm curious what you guys' plans are - for those of you who still actively play ACGC - when 2031 rolls around and the calendar ends? For those of you who don't know, if you set the calendar to 2003 in 2031, it will still fall on all the right days including leap years, but I'm curious to know whether you guys would be willing to do that in order to keep playing or would just stop playing when it came to that time. Or, do you think there'll be a re-release by Nintendo by then in some capacity that will fix the calendar? I really hope that's the case myself. Seeing 2003 everywhere when it should be 2031 would definitely screw up my immersion a bit and it's part of the reason I don't wanna commit myself to ACGC again!

Last edited:
I haven't touched my ACGC town since 2013-2014, but the idea of it disappearing is kinda disheartening. But, first of all, in 13 years form now I might no longer remember that town or care about the Animal Crossing series anymore. Second, m GC memory card where the save file is stored will probably have died by then. Those things don't last forever.

I wouldn't let that keep me from playing. Aside from New Year's Eve/Day, it probably wouldn't even be that noticeable. I know Gulliver will mention the year occasionally, when he does his "that means I've been asleep for 150...minutes" routine, but that's about it. Not a big deal.

But even if it was a distraction, it's still over 12 years away until that even happens. Plenty of time to play it in the meantime. :D

It wouldn't bother me to do that. That's actually really good to know, that the dates line up in 2003.

So 2031 lines up with 2003. That’s a coincidence, since 2003 was the year I started playing Animal Crossing.

That's thinking a tad far into the future, but I guess you'd just have to live with the year being wrong. Or maybe someone will create a hack that works around the issue.

I be playing animal crossing your life! for the nintendo switch deluxe 2 (nintendo switch deluxe will come out in 2024 with nintendo switch deluxe 2 coming out in 2029 and your life! will come out in 2030) (please dont bet on this actually happening its quite obviously all made up)

It won't bother me at all, other than giving me a pang of nostalgia for the 2000s

Last edited:
Yeah who the hell knows where we're all going to be in 13 years from now on or if we'll even still care about Animal Crossing? Or maybe we will be playing the latest one instead which will probably be VR style by then.

Or we'll be dead lol

That's depressing. Now I'm gonna think about this on and off all day.

i had a feeling the calendar would end eventually so i've been mentally preparing myself for it, but i really doubt i'll still be playing animal crossing by then... or not! who knows? c;

Last edited:
that's coincidental that the 2003 days fall correctly for 2031.. i'd most likely still play anyway, i don't think a date would keep me from playing. i believe animal crossing will always be apart of my life in some way even if i don't play it often or even at all in the future, i never plan to get rid of my copies of ac. kinda depresses me how the calendar is sorta close to ending

Last edited:
I'm curious what you guys' plans are - for those of you who still actively play ACGC - when 2031 rolls around and the calendar ends? For those of you who don't know, if you set the calendar to 2003 in 2031, it will still fall on all the right days including leap years, but I'm curious to know whether you guys would be willing to do that in order to keep playing or would just stop playing when it came to that time. Or, do you think there'll be a re-release by Nintendo by then in some capacity that will fix the calendar? I really hope that's the case myself. Seeing 2003 everywhere when it should be 2031 would definitely screw up my immersion a bit and it's part of the reason I don't wanna commit myself to ACGC again!

I had no idea about this. I'm gonna mark my calendar for it as a reminder... hehe. I'm gonna be brought back to my teens regardless of what age I am if I'm paying ACGC. I am currently and its really bringing me back.

If you play on New Years Eve at the turn of 2031 the game will suck your soul through the TV and trap it in the virtual body of your villager for all eternity.

So what will happen in 2031 at New Years is the question....will it just reset to the first year? Now I’m kinda curious and want to time travel to see lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So what will happen in 2031 at New Years is the question....will it just reset to the first year? Now I?m kinda curious and want to time travel to see lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It is kinda sad though...even though I haven’t played it in years lol. It’s still sad kinda. That game will always have a special place to me.

I've thought about this for years, and I've always wondered why they only set the clock to go to 2030. It seemed like such an arbitrary choice and it's hard to believe that we're already about two-thirds of the way from launch to the end of time for the GCN game.

I always tried to avoid time traveling backwards, so I don't know what the consequences would be like to travel all the way back from 2030 to 2003. It might make sense, though, if I still have a functional enough system by 2031 to play the game on.

Unfortunately, the clock battery in my GCN is dying (it's an issue with both my original console and a replacement I bought due to disk drive issues), and the game is becoming harder and harder for me to play as a result. I could put in a new battery, but I think it involves soldering, and I don't know whether it's worth the effort or not that far down the line. And that's assuming the rest of my GCN actually works. As it's disk-based, I don't expect the system to hold up as well long-term as something like the NES or SNES. I'm not dying to start a new town on an alternative platform, so I worry that my ACGC days may be numbered at this point.

It's too bad, because this seems like a game that will never get re-released on a newer system (not to mention, I wouldn't be able to move my save files if it did). The newer games do have more features, but there's something really charming about the original game, and certain features that I like better about the original than its newer counterparts.

Last edited:
Back