• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?

Ben 10. I was absolutely obsessed with and and wanted anything and everything to do with it.

Then I started watching one piece in like 2012 and I’ve been obsessed with that for over a decade now

I also used to get up at the crack of dawn every day to watch YuGiOh GX and Dinosaur king

OH BOY, do I have a few (3) favorites! these are recent, as my childhood was also recent.

Pokemon (specifically Ultra Legends)
Yo-Kai Watch
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (guilty pleasure, don't judge)

I didn't watch too many TV shows growing up, mostly just PBS because that was the channel we had. I was more into video games, playing outside, and just imagining stuff for myself. I don't know how to type that without sounding like a snob--I just have a hard time focusing on TV for long stretches, so I never had that Saturday morning cartoon experience. I mostly watched TV either when I was sick or right after school, when I was overstimulated from the day and needed to decompress.

As a very young child, 3-6 or so, I liked Clifford the Big Red Dog and Sesame Street. From ages 6-9, I liked Liberty's Kids, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, Zoom, and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. (I was vaguely aware that I was "old" for Mr. Rogers but I found the calmness and the routine of the show very comforting.)

But my absolute FAVORITE show was the animated PBS rendition of Redwall and its sequel shows, Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior. The theme song for Redwall is still top notch, honestly. I learned to play it on my guitar when I was in high school.

As a kid, I loved to watch Blue's Clues, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Curious George, Dragon Tales, Pokémon, and Ben 10.

Back