What to change for the next Animal Crossing

Firstly, it requires said villager to be outside and secondly it requires them to be the first one to ping you. This doesn't always happen.

=.= Except that 5 days before they try to move, providing you spoke to them within the past week and they are awake, they are always outside and they almost* always ping first to tell you this. - I have already said this and I have cycled for long enough to know that this is the case.

*The almost is because if you are close friends with a villager occasionally they ping you first thing in the day to request a favour of you, this doesn't negate the person moving outs ping though and they are able to ping immediately after this.

Also, it's NEVER taken me 3 minutes. It varies between sometimes very quickly (ten mins) to an hour (due to said villager not being about or other villagers pinging me). Sometimes I found out via gossip from other villagers and then have to do the diving trick to force that specific villager to ping me. Now maybe you have a super reliable method that always works (which I'd love to hear)

I do have a reliable method. In fact I've practically told you in my last few posts seeing as it requires nothing more than loading the game each day and running in front of each villagers face to see if they ping, then on every 6th day I talk to each villager once. (which takes a little longer cause half the time 1 is hiding in the museum.) One 7 day cycle takes me 20-25 minutes and since I've done this with my cycle towns I have not had a single villager leave without pinging me. Between these cycle towns I've travelled over 4 years, day by day.

=.= Except that 5 days before they try to move, providing you spoke to them within the past week and they are awake, they are always outside and they almost* always ping first to tell you this. - I have already said this and I have cycled for long enough to know that this is the case.

*The almost is because if you are close friends with a villager occasionally they ping you first thing in the day to request a favour of you, this doesn't negate the person moving outs ping though and they are able to ping immediately after this.

I do have a reliable method. In fact I've practically told you in my last few posts seeing as it requires nothing more than loading the game each day and running in front of each villagers face to see if they ping, then on every 6th day I talk to each villager once. (which takes a little longer cause half the time 1 is hiding in the museum.) One 7 day cycle takes me 20-25 minutes and since I've done this with my cycle towns I have not had a single villager leave without pinging me. Between these cycle towns I've travelled over 4 years, day by day.

They've never always been outside or always pinged me without me forcing it, and the fact that this happens to other people too suggests that it can be improved. If it was as simple for everyone as you find it, then nobody would accidentally lose villagers in this way. The fact that this method relies on the ping is what causes the problem, it'd be much easier if they just brought it up. Once Dizzy wanted to leave and I'd spent the good portion of that play session talking to him, until ANOTHER villager told me he wanted to leave. Then I had to go back and force a ping out of him by leaving and coming back multiple times. The very fact something like this can happen is ridiculous, and there would be no issue if it was done in the way I suggested.

Last edited:
They've never always been outside or always pinged me without me forcing it, and the fact that this happens to other people too suggests that it can be improved. If it was as simple for everyone as you find it, then nobody would accidentally lose villagers in this way. The fact that this method relies on the ping is what causes the problem, it'd be much easier if they just brought it up. Once Dizzy wanted to leave and I'd spent the good portion of that play session talking to him, until ANOTHER villager told me he wanted to leave. Then I had to go back and force a ping out of him by leaving and coming back multiple times. The very fact something like this can happen is ridiculous, and there would be no issue if it was done in the way I suggested.

In your situation I am guessing you either played past midnight 6 days before he was going to leave and it was then that a villager informed you he was going ~ as they seem to get 6 hours notice and Dizzy would then ping once you save and quit and reloaded. Or you had missed seeing him somehow 5 days before, or one of my aforementioned issues (backward TT/a holiday happened 5 days before his leaving date) and you subsequently was told from another villager when there was less than 5 days until he was moving. ~ in which they need to ping of their own volition.

Also, if this happens again the easiest way to get a villager to mention moving is to wait until they are indoors and spam talk to them - they seem to have less topics then so they bring it up quicker. :3

Might I amend your suggestion to they should bring it up the first time you talk to them each day between them deciding to move and going? As the downfall to the current system is they only bring it up exactly 5 days before and if you miss that somehow it doesn't carry over to the next day.

Ah, I like that backpack idea. And being able to choose where villagers live, or at least being able to set up a "residential area" in town rather than villagers being able to plop down in front of town hall.

Also, what is the point of the bell pocket limit? I don't understand that at all. We should be able to carry as many bells as we want without having to fill our inventory with moneybags.

• if QR codes are going to be a thing in the next game then we reaaaalllyyyyy need more space. It's also incredibly tedious to have to unlock the sewing machine for each character imo. i wouldn't mind space upgrades for QRs, like starting out with not very much space then upgrading it bigger as the game goes on...like you could constantly talk to sable and mabel/make a certain amount of patterns and designs and they would reward you with a QR space upgrade?
  • actually more space in general would be nice...considering how many items we have in the game now it'd be nice to be able to store most of it. so yeah bigger storage would be a very nice addition
  • being able to destroy and move rocks would be a big one. rocks really screw up town layouts space-wise, especially when you're trying to make room for pwps and landscaping in general
  • less finicky about how close pwps are to something else...or at least give us a town editor mode. it's really annoying in my opinion when isabelle tells you a pwp doesnt have enough space even if it totally looks like it does. and trying to find the sweet spot to lay down pwps.. irritating x.x
  • no more villagers moving in wherever they want to, totally unnecessary if you ask me. i wouldn't mind having house sign boards come back, ones that you could move where you wanted and villager houses would only go where the signs are.
  • more side stories would be kind of cool. like when you find out more about the able sisters by talking to all of them in city folk. i'd like to know more about brewster and blathers, and maybe even k.k.
  • more bushes would be great, new types of non-fruit trees would be cool too. like birch or willow perhaps, maybe some nut trees too!
  • people suggested rotating pwps, i agree! it'd be nice to have benches facing other directions :p
  • brown grass spots under pwps look kind of ugly so i'd love for that to go away, actually doing away with grass deteriorating altogether would be amazing! though i do know some people like that look and like to make their own natural dirt paths so maaaaaybe they could incorporate some sort of grass seed/fertilizer for those who want nice healthy green grass.
  • more town space in general, since the river (depending on the shape) can take up quite a bit..i think we should have a bigger map cause it can get cramped :/
  • more PWPs! would be nice too if they made some cool PWP DLC from time to time~
  • idk more random npcs and events perhaps?
  • darker skin colors in the game that are permanent (for the most part), maybe rover could ask a question like "do you like tanning?" "a lot" or "nope" or w/e and you could adjust the slider? Or! shampoodle could have a tanning both that lets you change your skin color (and have it stay that way, no fading) until you come back and change it again.
  • this is a minor gripe but im not a fan of the cliffs by the beach, i wish it was like the old games with a gradual decline into the beach. i liked when there were cliffs in the middle of the map that separated the northern and southern part of the town
  • EDIT: global trading system? kind of like pokemon trading except it'd be with items and you could trade with people online

all i can think of for now! i love new leaf by the way! it's a great game, but it doesn't mean that it has nothing it needs to improve on
:p

Last edited:
In your situation I am guessing you either played past midnight 6 days before he was going to leave and it was then that a villager informed you he was going ~ as they seem to get 6 hours notice and Dizzy would then ping once you save and quit and reloaded. Or you had missed seeing him somehow 5 days before, or one of my aforementioned issues (backward TT/a holiday happened 5 days before his leaving date) and you subsequently was told from another villager when there was less than 5 days until he was moving. ~ in which they need to ping of their own volition.

Also, if this happens again the easiest way to get a villager to mention moving is to wait until they are indoors and spam talk to them - they seem to have less topics then so they bring it up quicker. :3

Might I amend your suggestion to they should bring it up the first time you talk to them each day between them deciding to move and going? As the downfall to the current system is they only bring it up exactly 5 days before and if you miss that somehow it doesn't carry over to the next day.

It was definitely in the daytime, but I don't know what happened. Also that's what I meant, as in the first time you talk to them upon them deciding to move, meaning they will inform you the first time you talk to them when they consider leaving (not just 5 days before, but ANY day inbetween them considering moving and actually moving). This means if you talk to them every day you can't possibly miss it (unlike with the current system).

Like some developer said once upon a time..
''There is a reason the players are not the developers and why suggestions are often ignored by devs.''

A lot of these ideas are just... ugh.

The only things I would ask for are:

- More pattern space
- Some kind of grid? or something for placing PWPs without having to awkwardly shuffle Isabelle around.
- Other skin colours at character creation, easily added by Rover asking where you're moving from.

Last edited:
The number one thing I want is different skin tones that are permanent. Having to tan in the summer and then having it fade away is so annoying. >_>

Also more pattern space and more PWPs. Rotating PWPs is a really cool idea as well. Although the ability to destroy or move rocks would be amazing.

Last edited:
Like some developer said once upon a time..
''There is a reason the players are not the developers and why suggestions are often ignored by devs.''

A lot of these ideas are just... ugh.

The reason isn't necessarily because the ideas are deemed "bad". For example, not having a "select all" option in the menu is pretty primitive for any form of technology today. Also sometimes time constraints prevent certain features. Lastly the developers are not always right, and the fans in many cases have excellent ideas.

The reason isn't necessarily because the ideas are deemed "bad". For example, not having a "select all" option in the menu is pretty primitive for any form of technology today. Also sometimes time constraints prevent certain features. Lastly the developers are not always right, and the fans in many cases have excellent ideas.

Most games don't have a 'Select All' feature in their inventory. Mostly because it's rarely - if ever - useful.
If time constraints prevent features they often mention that they wanted to do such-and-such but didn't have time.
Developers are not always right, but it's their job and it often looks like players think they can do it better. I rarely see fans come up with any good meaningful ideas that would aid a game that devs probably wouldn't think of themselves.
Basic stuff like skin colour is a no-brainer.
Not all ideas are ignored because they're deemed 'bad' but because if they were added it would remove from the game much more than it would add.

The only time I've seen a player idea actually be implemented into a game (that I can remember) is the GearSwap mod in World of Warcraft.

Last edited:
Most games don't have a 'Select All' feature in their inventory. Mostly because it's rarely - if ever - useful.
If time constraints prevent features they often mention that they wanted to do such-and-such but didn't have time.
Developers are not always right, but it's their job and it often looks like players think they can do it better. I rarely see fans come up with any good meaningful ideas that would aid a game that devs probably wouldn't think of themselves.
Basic stuff like skin colour is a no-brainer.
Not all ideas are ignored because they're deemed 'bad' but because if they were added it would remove from the game much more than it would add.

The only time I've seen a player idea actually be implemented into a game (that I can remember) is the GearSwap mod in World of Warcraft.

How would "select all" not be useful in animal crossing though? At retail if you want to sell an inventory of bugs from the island you have to tap each one individually. It literally makes no sense not to have one. And they do sometimes mention features they would have added, but this can't account for all the ideas they may have had. Suggesting improvements doesn't necessarily mean a fan thinks they can do it better, they may simply have useful suggestions based on their experience of the game (in which developers should take into account at least, seeing as this is their target audience. Within reason obviously).

Whether an idea is "good" or "meaningful" is subjective anyway, but many of the things suggested would add to the game in my opinion. But hey, the point of the thread, to suggest ideas rather than criticise them, because it seems pointless trying to change a subjective viewpoint.

The select all isn't super necessary unless you're beetle farming, but if that was implemented, eh. Okay. I understand the desire for it.
The apartments... eh.

- Really all I'd like are like 15 spaces you can place around town for villagers to move in and out of. This way, you can build around them instead of having to reset to make sure they didn't crush a cool little intersection.
- More space for patterns, yes yes. I have a 9 space path and 1 space for my flag, but I want to build customizable standees and signs and stuff, but I can't get designs for them. Oh, and I can't put my town flag on a standee because I downloaded it... kinda annoying to spend 40K bells on the standee and then have to pay to demolish it because I couldn't put my pattern on it.
- skin color would be cool. I actually hate the tanning system, so just to be able to choose a permanent color would be nice. Tanning a little is cool, but I start the morning with my character white and at the end I'm like latino and I'm just :|

NO MOAR GRASS WEAR UGH >:C or at least it grows back faster or grass seed or SOMETHING. It's the kind of game that you're supposed to pick up and play every day but if you do that you don't have any grass so what is the point

If you would like to discuss more specifics about Animal Crossing Wii U which is sure to be the next version of this wonderful eerie, please click on my signature, there is a thread already :)

i don't care what they do, all I need is the ability to make villagers move in a certain place...how cool would it be to have all your villagers neatly lined up?

Also, what is the point of the bell pocket limit? I don't understand that at all. We should be able to carry as many bells as we want without having to fill our inventory with moneybags.

They want to make you GRIND! ಠ_ಠ

do u have a tweeter i can have plzzz

- - - Post Merge - - -

do u have a tweeter i can have plzzzz

- - - Post Merge - - -

do u have a tweeter i can have plzzzzz

Fix those connection errors! Most people say it's just that we have a bad router or internet, but all features work fine online except visiting other towns or inviting people in. In fact 10% of people I have tried to connect with while trying to visit them have worked flawlessly. Don't tell me I need a better router or internet! Please improve your connection issues next time Nintendo!

I want more inventory space @_@ (due to bells)

It would be neat to have the animals be gijinkas, (half animal, half human)
eh, maybe too big of an advance? just thought it would be really cool.

--This is highly unlikely LOL

Last edited:
Back