• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would you like in the next game to spice things up?

NellTheBean

Bells
I've heard time and time again people wanting more aggressive villagers but for the next entry, similar to the mayor story of NL or the getaway of NH, what could spice things up for you?

well, I don’t think villagers should just be mean, regardless of your friendship, it would be interesting if snooty and cranky villagers were really mean to you at first, but as you build up a friendship with them, they become a lot nicer like they are in new leaf and new horizons. ^_^

I would love deeper friendships in general, along with more interactions. One of my favorite aspects of animal crossing is befriending villagers. 💖💕

I want the sports ball from the Gamecube to come back. ⚽ It's fun to kick it around, dig a hole and try to kick it in there, push it inside animal's doorways and hear it glitch out. 😂

Knowing Nintendo though, I bet you if they did add it back, it would dissappear during online multi-player sessions. Remember in City Folk (and maybe WW) how animal villagers would all be forced to stay in their houses during online play? That sucked. I'm sure it had to do with technical limitations at the time, but come on, you guys can code in a damn ball for us to kick around. 🙄

With the way the series is going I'm not sure Nintendo would be open to doing this, but honestly I think it would be fun to see more "life" added to the game. For example, it's assumed that the special characters sleep in their stores after closing, but what would it be like if they actually had homes in the village? Or if they had an animation where you could see them flip a sign to closed and watch them walk home or to the cafe?

I've been playing Animal Crossing: Gamecube recently and it feels like Nintendo put a lot of care into making the world feel alive in a way that the successive entries don't. Pete comes down to get your mail at set times and you can chat to him before he leaves. Copper randomly told me that there was some special dialogue going on between the special characters. Villagers participate in holidays more.

I'm not sure if Nintendo abandoned those aspects because of technical limitations (Wild World supposedly had a lot of content cut due to being on the DS) or if they had a different vision for the series as time went on, but I would really love to see that sort of focus come back.

doubling more dialogue!

in addition to that, i'd also love to feel more life in the game. i really miss the old things like the sports fair and the morning aerobics. nowadays it sort of feels like villagers are just awkward roommates that don't talk to each other, while they used to feel so much more intertwined in each other's lives. i just miss that, lol.

I think it'd be neat to have minigames back like in New leaf with that desert island game or that voting one I don't really remember. or tortimer island minigames lol

I've heard time and time again people wanting more aggressive villagers but for the next entry, similar to the mayor story of NL or the getaway of NH, what could spice things up for you?
I'm still new to the series only starting a month after new horizons was released but I think I would like to see some old things return that I've heard others talking about like being a mayor.

I think it'd be neat to have minigames back like in New leaf with that desert island game or that voting one I don't really remember. or tortimer island minigames lol
Man, I loved whacking someone with the toy hammer in that. 😂 Especially when they reciprocated that vibe and also started smacking me with the hammer too. That's how you knew who was cool and who's here being a try-hard on an island meant to have fun with others. 😛

I don't remember what that voting minigame is you're talking about. Are you sure you're not thinking of Tomodachi Life? 🤔💭

well, I don’t think villagers should just be mean, regardless of your friendship, it would be interesting if snooty and cranky villagers were really mean to you at first, but as you build up a friendship with them, they become a lot nicer like they are in new leaf and new horizons. ^_^

I would love deeper friendships in general, along with more interactions. One of my favorite aspects of animal crossing is befriending villagers. 💖💕
Ngl ive never liked mean villagers; I think that villagers should earn friendship like you said but also have emotions besides constantly happy (example being new leaf)
Post automatically merged:

doubling more dialogue!

in addition to that, i'd also love to feel more life in the game. i really miss the old things like the sports fair and the morning aerobics. nowadays it sort of feels like villagers are just awkward roommates that don't talk to each other, while they used to feel so much more intertwined in each other's lives. i just miss that, lol.
Honestly I think that every character should have unique dialogue instead of it being a template
Post automatically merged:

I would just like more dialogue. Things can get pretty stale hearing the same five things from the villagers.
Acnh uses templatse for villagers, I think that they should put as much energy that they did into letters as they do into dialogue with it all being unique

Man, I loved whacking someone with the toy hammer in that. 😂 Especially when they reciprocated that vibe and also started smacking me with the hammer too. That's how you knew who was cool and who's here being a try-hard on an island meant to have fun with others. 😛

I don't remember what that voting minigame is you're talking about. Are you sure you're not thinking of Tomodachi Life? 🤔💭
Nah I looked it up I was thinking of puzzle league but I only remembered the part about trying to be voted mayor by solving puzzles

The ability to fine Villagers for things that you don’t like that they do such as entering your home uninvited or walking through the flowers you’ve spent hours carefully arranging the placement of and they get destroyed. And also taxes so that you aren’t the only one paying for literally every store or update for buildings and the location of the game

Back