• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager house placement question: proximity to plaza/town square

Acies

Deep-Sky Object
Bells
Island
Helkaplont
Rotating Fool's Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
New Leaf Token
Tockoid
Crystal Tree
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lobo
Yellow Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
I'm trying to choose where my tenth villager should go and picked out this spot a while ago. While researching placement restrictions, I couldn't find a definite answer to how close to the town square they can move; I know that
1) no buildings can be built in the plaza acre
2) no more than three building centers can be in the same acre
3) villager houses have a one square dead zone around them.
nl_map_plan.jpg

If I try to move a villager here, the dead zone would intersect with the plaza acre.
Do any of you have more information or experience with villagers living close to the plaza, and which acre that would be?

I think i may have the answer to your question. quite a while ago, i was deciding on villager house placements for my town. although not exactly the same as your own, one of the potential house placements was 2 squares from the plaza, and i came across the same problem. i do not recall what the exact placement of this house was.

eventually, all of my original house placements were replaced by villagers moving in, apart from this one. i made sure it was not too close to buildings/houses/pwps. i tried the plot resetting trick, and it appeared, instead of moving into the open space i had planned, the new villager moved somewhere else, randomly, every time. this only happens if the game does not see an open space for the villager to move into.

assuming there was nothing wrong with my placement, 2 squares may be too close to the plaza. I do not recall the exact acre or space, so i cant say it with certainty. i may test this thoroughly later, on my spare ACNL cartridge, just in case there was something else preventing the villager from moving into the space.

Update: I got an answer on reddit saying that the plaza has a one square dead zone to the next building and that dead zones aren't additive, so I think my placement should work (?).

Back