What Public Works Projects from New Leaf do you wish were in New Horizons?

The bus stop was my favorite PWP from NL, and I have a few places on my island where it'd fit perfectly. I'd also like to see the windmill again to replace my current lighthouse.

Personally have no use for the traffic light, video screen, and other modernized projects.

I wish we had the instrument shelter fo my beach! Other than that I loved the wisteria trellis and windmill!

Okay, looking back there are SEVERAL PWPs that would enhance my (and other’s) island:

Police station (I’d prefer the two police dogs back together)
Archway structure
Geyser(!)
Instrument shelter
Topiaries
Totem pole(!)
Wind mill (the TRADITIONAL one-not the modern ones we have (>(σ )< )
Trellis

I feel like all of these (sans the police station) would be perfectly fine as diys or Nook miles items.

I’d also like the see permanent structure renovations a-la the town hall/train station ones in NL.

I am surprised they did not bring back the windmill. I would love to see these as well.
Flower arch
wisteria trellis
Instrument shelter
Flower clock
Maybe they will bring the illuminated items back as winter DIYs. I wouldn’t mind if they all came back as nook miles items or DIY’s .

No love for the boot sculpture. I wish it was the color of the boot you fished up. Then it'd be a perfect art piece for a fishing town, lol.

I think all of them would be good diys or items to gain. I never used the bus stop in acnl, but I'd use it now in acnh. It'd be a good place after midnight to buy some pirate booty.

Windmill
Wisteria trellis
The Roost
The town tree even though it's not a Public works project.

The town tree even though it's not a Public works project.

It would be really interesting if they brought the town tree back at this late a stage. It probably would never happen, but I would love for it to come back. Even if it didn't reach the massive proportion that it did in New Leaf. I wouldn't mind if it took a year to grow to be as big as it was in the 5th day of growth. It wouldn't be too big and it wouldn't be too small.

1602447845611.png

Sigh, I know that is just a pipe dream but it was such a cool concept to see continuous growth!

It would be really interesting if they brought the town tree back at this late a stage. It probably would never happen, but I would love for it to come back. Even if it didn't reach the massive proportion that it did in New Leaf. I wouldn't mind if it took a year to grow to be as big as it was in the 5th day of growth. It wouldn't be too big and it wouldn't be too small.

Sigh, I know that is just a pipe dream but it was such a cool concept to see continuous growth!

As someone who is working on theming her island around New Leaf.. this would be an awesome thing to have added. Hell I would love to have just the plot the tree is in, and to be able to plant any tree we want in it. Just so I can have a more authentic town tree on my island.
EjX8vz4UcAA57Tn.jpg

This is just an image of what my "town tree" looks like right now on my island, and I wish I could make it more authentic looking.​

While I’m glad that we still have the lighthouse, they’re missing the illuminated arch and illuminated clock. Of course, the Café needs to come back.

As someone who is working on theming her island around New Leaf.. this would be an awesome thing to have added. Hell I would love to have just the plot the tree is in, and to be able to plant any tree we want in it. Just so I can have a more authentic town tree on my island. View attachment 326395
This is just an image of what my "town tree" looks like right now on my island, and I wish I could make it more authentic looking.​

There is a custom design for the path that mimics the New Leaf stone texture! It is the last one in that link. Sadly, unless you want to do a custom design border on the ground for the planter, there isn't really a better option. I wish there was a shorter brick fence too.

Haha I actually commented on this in the 'Which future updates are you hoping for?' thread. I'm happy someone brought it up!

I said windmill, trellis, and topiaries! I love the original trellis, but I wish they would introduce a wall trellis too - they would look great in a garden, outdoor reading space, cafe, and my villagers' yards 🤩

The windmill is my most wanted public work for my little mini la Mancha reference 🥰.

I also would like a flower bed (for indoors too), the wisteria trellis, more fountain types and historical monuments/landmarks 😊.

Trellis and windmill. Especially the Trellis since I never got it :(

I also just recalled the Instrument Shelter, which let the player see the weather forcast for the next hour. I feel like that could have made a return as a Nook Mile reward, and it would have allowed the player to see the weather forecast for the whole day, or even the following day. Hell it could have even allowed the player to see if there was a meteor shower that night/following night.

OMG, i had forgotten that 🙈, i had one right beside my house and i went there every day when i played to check, loved it 💚!

To be honest i very much miss the possibility to change the aesthetics of the main buildings, very much liked how in NL we had so many varieties and in NH i cant even change the rooftop color for example.

I mean as a main, of coarsely i miss the coffee shop ( which is supposedly coming back, if it does, i have high expectations for it to be better and have more features than in NL).

As town project i also very much liked the geyser, found it very funny 😅, the rustic windmill was just fabulous, the illuminated arch was also beautiful at night, really liked the picnic blanket which i found adorable and i would say the flower arch. To be honest most of the project had their charm

Last edited:
Back