• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What part of the Museum is your favourite to fill?

I would probably be Art for me except I'm always getting fakes. For me it has to be the fish. It so calming and relaxing to watch them swim around. I'm not content until I've completed the whole museum which has always been my first goal of any new town/island.

That's a tough question, all the sections are satisfying to fill up in their own ways:

- Insect and Fish exhibits look really cool when full.. I'd definitely want to visit in real life if I could
- Fossil exhibit is the easiest and quickest to fill, which is nice
- ART EXHIBIT will NEVER be full at this rate (for me) but if I ever do manage to complete it, it will feel the most rewarding, I think. I don't think i ever finished the art exhibit in New Leaf, either

If I had to pick just one, maybe I'd pick the Fish exhibit, though I am missing just two more fish! I think the fish section just looks so amazing and so calming 🐟

How many of you have completed your art section without time traveling or trading?

I ask, because it is a grind to get all of the art pieces otherwise.

Bugs and fossils! I don't think I'll ever finish fish or art. I got a ton of fish bait, time traveled to the exact season/time, stood in the recommended spot, and fished until i ran out of fish bait. But still, no blue marlin....

But the fossils and bugs are easy to finish, and fun to walk through, so i prefer those.

I really like filling the fish and bug sections. The fish are just so calming. I love seeing the changes to both sections as you complete it. I have all sections complete on my main island. My second island I will probably only get the fossil section complete.

The fish exhibit for me. I like how you may not have all the fish in said tank, but the tank still looks like it can be just fine as it is. Like there isn't an obvious, hey you missed this, or your still missing this thus its incomplete, like I feel with the fossils. Like it looks natural even if you don't have all the fish yet. Maybe because more than one fish goes in the tanks? Plus there is a lot of fish to get to put in there, without counting the diving creatures which is just more for the same exhibit.

I really do love the Art exhibit but from a comparative level from game-to-game, the Fossil has grown the best.

All except for art.

Back in the day I couldn't care at all on filling the museum, I only ever did half of everything and call it a day. But for some reason New Horizons changed that. So now I enjoy filling everything but the art section. It's soooo boring, having to time travel just to find the right art piece I need to finish it all. It's still unfinished as we speak.

All except for art.... It's soooo boring, having to time travel just to find the right art piece I need to finish it all. It's still unfinished as we speak.
I would have agreed early on, visiting Redd on Harvs Island everyday, and waiting for him to show on up my island seemed tedious, but now, when I do get a new piece of art it feels like finding treasure. I have a large part of my art section filled, and I haven't done any time traveling.

I guess it's like in real life for me, it took a while to appreciate art!

The fossils were annoying, but once I finished I just buried the amount that spawn in a hidden area so I didn't have to keep digging up dinosaur arses. I have enough arse to deal with, what with my wonderful dragon arse that I got for slaying a dragon or whatever.

I never bothered finishing bugs and fish and it shall probably remain that way. Bugs remind me of Flick, who I detest. And I just hate fish.
acnhhatesunfish.jpg

I don't think I've filled up any of the museum all the way, except for the bug exhibit. I still have a ways to go for the art, the diving, and I have to catch a mahimahi on the pier to finish the fish section.

I remember grinding for fishbait, digging clams, crafting, ect until I got like 500 and all I got was seabass. And sometimes the game lagged so I thought nothing spawned only to throw another bait and then the previous fish spawned and despawned (and it looked like it could've been a mahimahi with how big it was) so that sucked lol.

I think aesthetically the fish and bug area is the most pleasing.

fossils are the most satisfying to me since it's so fun to be able to wander around and see fully formed fossils instead of floating heads and ribcages, but equally i love seeing where all the fish go and watching them float about!! I do like seeing the bugs habitats too.

art is fun to see, but it's so painstaking to collect in NH that I don't think I can count it as my favourite in any way

Back