• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What operating system do you use?

What operating system do you use?

• Total voters

oath2order

#Porygon2024
Bells
Switch
3883-6235-7310
Island
Longwood
Leif
Flimsy Watering Can
Golden Watering Can
Toy Hammer
Perfect Peach
Asteroid Plush
Moon Bunny
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Ruby
Tetris Grid
My boyfriend stopped using Windows, primarily. So I'm wondering what everyone else uses for their computers/laptops.

I've been a Windows guy, always have been.

As much as I dislike windows, I do not have the patience to use Ubuntu or Linux. "It's so easy!" Yes but also I'm an idiot. So it's windows for me.

i use mac os, i switched from a windows laptop to a macbook last year. honestly there's probably not one thing that mac can do that windows can't but i just love mac os. as money hungry as the company is, i just love me a good apple product.

Windows.

wci5zlo.jpg

*Sniffs the clean air*

Ah yes, windows...

I've primarily only used Windows machines throughout my life and that's what I've always had experience with at home. My grade school utilized Apple computers though.

Always been kinda curious about the other options like Linux and whatnot, but wouldn't even know where to start with all that.

I might end up with Mac stuff in the future because I guess it's preferable for something I want to do in the future. We'll see!

But yeah, for now, Windows.

Windows.

I had a brief time with Mac OS after an Apple obsessed friend of mine assured me it was better, but from my experience it wasn't, so I stuck with Windows.

I use Windows. I've basically used it my entire life and haven't really felt the need to change. If I was to use another OS, I'd definitely use Linux, which I had to use during university and ended up enjoying a fair amount.

i've used windows my entire life and idk if it counts as a "laptop" but i love the operating system that the ipad uses. i find that it's super easy to use! when my old laptop broke, i opted for getting an ipad as a replacement so i could take it with me on the go. i loved that it was lighter and more travel friendly. i later on got a desktop computer that runs on windows but still use my ipad to draw or watch stuff.

I use Chrome for general purposes but also use Mac and Windows when I need to do some computer stuff that requires heavy lifting.I like Chrome the best of the three but I wish it was more versatile.

Windows 10. I've considered a less bulky/bloated OS, but I'm used to its easy/standard functionality. I did use Linux (Fedora) in the past and found it OK though.

If I get a laptop in the future, I'll opt for MacOS for the better accessibility features.

windows!! i've only ever used windows so i can't really imagine myself using anything else lol

I use Windows 11. I have used Windows for twenty years now. Before that, my family had Macs.

Ever since I got my first PC in 2004, I've used Windows all the time. I was devastated when I had to move on from Windows XP to Windows 7. I was glad to use the computers at school/college as they still had XP! I miss the those screensavers.

I just use an iPad these days, but on my PC, I have Windows 10. I definitely prefer Windows 7, but 10 has way more game compatibility. I’m going to stop using Windows after 10, I absolutely hate how 11 looks, but I also hate how Mac looks- so I’ll have to learn Linux or keep new machines on 7 or 10. Luckily for me my current PC won’t upgrade to 11 anyway, but I know this will be a pain in the ass.

I grew up on XP, and it’s fun to use, but ultimately of the less bloated OSes, XP is outclassed by 7. XP is a huge nostalgia trip, but I couldn’t see myself using it seriously these days.

Idk what laptop I had when I first moved out, but it burnt out on me. Several did actually. I currently use a Chrome book which ended up being really reliable. It's not like I have a youtube channel or anything to stream games on. I just need something to surf the internet on in all honesty.

When I lived with my parents (who i'm seeing later today) i'm pretty sure they have Windows. I also had a Mac-book for a very short period of time but that broke.

My tiny brain doesn't know tech stuff so I just use the OS that my products came with. So Windows 11 on my laptop, iOS on my iPad.

Back