• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Music Do You Like to Listen to?

(ngl it's kinda hilarious how many ppl have commented twice here lol)

I think my favorite music genres would have to be synthpop/new wave, synthwave, older country, and grunge. I also really like lots of 80s stuff of all different genres.

i honestly listen to a little bit of everything. if the music sounds good, doesn’t matter to me where it’s from or what the genre is. i’ll pretty much listen to anything, but i’m not the biggest fan of country, older (80’s and before) and ‘screamo’ music, though i do like a few songs from each. also don’t listen to music from video game OSTs unless i’m playing the game and hearing it from there.

Last edited:
I love blues and jazz, I'm a guitarist, and I happen to play and write jazz-side blues.

My musical taste is a bit out there. I mainly listen to 90’s grunge, some rock, and very specific country artists and songs. I’d say it’s all over the place, and it usually depends on what mood I’m in that dictates the songs I listen to.

Some unknown or obscure bands/artists that I like include Catherine Wheel
(they’re real obscure but I recommend checking them out), Stone Temple Pilots, and The Smashing Pumpkins.

I almost exclusively listen to instrumental music rather than lyrical, mainly video game soundtracks. Two of my favorites are Zelda: Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild, but my video game music playlist has a ton of songs from a wide variety of games. I also like to listen to some classical music as well as various kinds of electronic music. There is a small selection of lyrical songs I do enjoy though, with favorites including Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen), American Pie (Don McLean), and Better Days (Natalia Gutierrez y Angelo).

Last edited:
I tend to listen to symphonic rock and metal as well rock music in general. I don't mind the odd pop song thats played on radio stations but I find that most mainstream music all sounds the same and has no emotional depth to it.

Recently I've been really into listening to Nijisanji Vtuber music 💦 but other than that, I enjoy listening to jpop songs

Lately, I've been into heavy metal. (Wonder how long it'll last?)
I find it helps give me the energy I need to get priorities out the way without caffeine and the extra unneeded anxiety.

hmmmm let me think, there's a LOT...

i like video game osts a lot but besides that, there's alternative rock, modern rock, punk (both punk rock AND pop but im kind of picky), alternative metal (but again im very picky about that too), indie pop, j-pop (i guess? It's more vocaloid than anything), k-pop (but literally only blackpink), pretty much pop in general, folk rock, classical, and way more stuff that i have no idea what the genres would be for sjshsgbssjsb

All kinds from pop to rock, even country and metal! Lately I've been playing a peaceful piano playlist throughout the day. I find piano is calming and causes more positive thoughts. It can be inspiring or even provoking and is very good for indoor plants!

it depends, my playlist is full of pop and alternative songs but i’ve been listening to more rock lately

I love listening to the k pop group BTS.
Post automatically merged:

My favorite music group is the k pop group BTS. I have a Jungkook and Jimin picture and group picture on my wall. I might hang a J-Hope picture sometime this week.I love listening to k pop.I recommend the k pop group BTS. They have a lot of bangers.

I listen to a TON of music! I LOVE FIFTH HARMONY. Fifth Harmony is my favorite music people ever. I love almost all of their songs. My favorite's are from the Better Together EP WHY DID THEY NEVER RELEASE NO BOYS ALLOWED, ITS SOOOO GOOD FDSLNGIDOSGHDOSJ. I am also a big fan of Meghan Trainor's music! I love all these little pop and cutesy feel good songs. I listen to a few Britney Spears songs but mostly those two and Vocaloid/Project Sekai. I have loved Vocaloid for sooo long and the Project Diva/Mirai games. They have the best music ever so I love all the covers that Project Sekai makes. I ALSO LISTEN TO THE ACNL SOUND TRACK RELIGIOUSLY. I really do listen to the most random stuff lol

i honestly just listen to anything that sounds good. i know its a generic answer but seriously, my music playlist is just an amalgamation of genres. i could be listening to a tribe called quest one second and the next, i'm listening to glen campbell lol. if i was to narrow it down to one specific genre though, it's mostly jazz and soul. lots of hip-hop/rap as well.

Last edited:
Back