• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you discover new music?

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I was getting frustrated with Spotify playing the same songs on shuffle today, when I realized it's probably my fault because I never switched up my playlist.

I'm mostly looking for suggestions on how others go about this. For me, I'll listen to an album and hit 'add to playlist' on every song that I like. That doesn't help with discovering new bands though.

I have an eclectic music taste I can only attribute to exploring YouTube. For example, when I found Moskau by Dschinghis Khan (from a SpongeBob YouTube poop, of all places) I started listening to more disco music, then disco music from various European countries, and so on.
I also have found a lot of folk music from various cultures on YouTube, as well as Blackmore’s Night and other interesting bands.

sometimes I let the Spotify algorithm take the wheel and I find some really good stuff that way ❤️ I also use Shazam a lot when out and about.. and sometimes I will just click on random music videos on Youtube

I use YouTube like it's 2006 lol. It'll create mixes that usually have new songs that are similar to those that I've listened to.

i use spotify mostly. i'll make a playlist of songs that i like at the moment and use the recommendations to find more similar songs. it's worked pretty well for me tbh. that or i look up people's playlists. i also like using youtube recommendations too.

Back