• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Music Do You Like to Listen to?

BunAndButt3r

Professional Time Waster
Bells
Switch
7008-3119-1034
I love listening to music from games I enjoy, like Breath of the Wild, Detroit: Become Human, and (of course) Animal Crossing. Since it's over 3 hours long, the Breath of the Wild soundtrack is perfect to listen to on a long car ride.
Other genres of music I like to listen to are jazz, big band, and lofi. Lofi music is very relaxing for me, so I like to listen to it before bed to help me sleep. I recommend trying it out!
Let me know what kind of music you like to listen to!

I think I like video game osts the most, because I never get sick of them and they're unique to each game 🎵

I really like listening to classical music mainly from shows I watch and some video games music

I like to listen to pretty much anything except country. Lately I've been listening to a lot of 80s (especially rock, soul, R&B, and pop) and 70s (same plus disco). I also listen to a lot of classical (favorite era is medieval, classical, and modern) and movie/video game soundtracks.

Edit: I also really like lofi and other similar genres

Last edited:
I have a love for all genres of music. I can find a song in any genre that I like. I mainly listen to rap, folk music, 60s and 70s pop. I also love listening to musical soundtracks! If i’m looking to write a story, i listen to instrumental music. I can make a story in my head to a lot of instrumental songs. I get a lot creative inspiration from that.

All kinds, but lately I've been feeling the band Ghost, and also vaporwave/future funk stuff on youtube.

I also love music that makes me feel like I'm in SPACE

mostly DNB , hyperpop, house, hardvapor, and harsh noise. I love anything that sounds super digital but I also love underground hip hop and alternative r&b, bossa nova, and smooth jazz

What I typically listen to includes music from these genres:

Pop: Classic Soul/R&B (and some new retro soul), 70s Soft Rock, Progressive Rock, Psychedelic rock, British Folk/Rock, Baroque Pop, Sunshine Pop, nostalgic (to me) pop/rock from the early 2000s, punk, a little bluegrass and other American folk.

Classical: Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classic, French Impressionist, and some 20th century styles (before it got too atonal lol).

I listen to a lot of diff music actually! But my main go to is always rap, mainly SoundCloud type rapper (and not the bad ones, trust there are some good ones on there) examples of rappers I enjoy: shoreline mafia, hillside hitta, TYTE and much more
I also LOVE French music even when I can't understand most of what they're saying LOL
I love electronica type music; example crystal castles
and I also listen to very few country; atm I'm loving burning house and mayday from Cam! <3

Oh, God. Get ready, guys. Don’t roast me:

—Irish folk music (Celtic Woman, the Irish Rovers)
—Folk music from various countries around the world (I especially like Eastern European and Middle Eastern folk music.)
—Medieval rock (like Faun and Blackmore’s Night)
—Some metal? (Sabaton and Powerwolf)
—Opera
—The Baroque vocal works of Handel, Bach, Vivaldi, etc.
—Lady Gaga’s older music
— Bubblegum europop from the late 90s and early 2000s
—Some older country songs
—Bands like Abba, Eurythmics, Modern Talking…also Eartha Kitt’s music from the 80s
—Some yacht rock?

I mainly listen to metal, rock, j-rock, symphonic metal, industrial, alternative, anime music and classical music. Also most music from the 80s and 90s is very nostalgic for me.

Prog rock. Prog rock. Prog rock. Prog rock. Prog rock. The answers to the universe are in that genre. Almost all of my favorite songs have prog elements. My favorite song is a 25-minute prog masterpiece. eg: Close To The Edge, Court of The Crimson King

Jazz and jazz fusion eg: Mint Jams

Metal subgenres. Avant-garde metal. Prog-metal. eg: Hostile Architecture

My RYM says I like art rock and that sounds right

Hip-hop is hit or miss for me but the hits are big hits eg: The Money Store, TPAB (those are both very explicit, don’t look them up if you don’t like that)

Some vaporwave eg: Haircuts For Men, s u r f i n g

Lastly, this is controversial, but I like experimental music sometimes. Like, I’m not going to tell you there’s deep meaning to it. I just like it. It gets to my brain and helps mush it up in a pleasant way. eg: Trout Mask Replica.

I want to try more electronic genres, get more into metal subgenres, and more hip-hop to figure out what sticks for me, or to see if I can get it. Also why am I yet to listen to more psychedelic music? It’s probably right up my alley

My favorite album is Congratulations by MGMT which ironically apparently doesn’t fit any of these genres. It has prog elements, but it’s more psych art pop with some surf stuff

It honestly depends on my mood for the day but mostly, I stick to classic rock and heavy metal, with some hip-hop/R&B into the mix. I could be listening to Justin Timberlake and an hour later, I'll be listening to Pink Floyd or Iron Maiden so it really depends on the day

I listen to indie, folk, pop, and electronic music. I also listen to some rock, but I’m much pickier with that genre.

Back