• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Music Do You Like to Listen to?

My favourite musician is Elton John without a doubt. Can I have an Elton genre? :) Apart from him, I love listening to 60s and 70s music mostly. Throw in some 90s for some childhood nostalgia!
Just one of many of my favourite 60s songs!

Just about every kind of metal there is(heavy, power, thrash, doom, death, black, etc.), psychedelic rock, progressive rock, jazz, classical, psybient, downtempo, industrial, progressive bluegrass, jam band, certain hip hop, grunge, punk/hardcore, etc. There's not a lot of music I don't enjoy!

I'm mostly a Swiftie, I can't say it's not 90% of the music I listen to it's actually a problem. I regularly listen to Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding, Dua Lipa, Hayley Kiyoko, Marina, Ariana Grande. Mostly I listen to female pop artists with good lyrics in my opinion, most songs aren't that deep. As far as male pop artists go, I might listen to Conan Gray and Louis Tomlinson.

But yeah, it's just pop. At least it all sounds pop to me, the songs I like at least. I listen to a lot of female indie artists too, but if I like a song it needs to have some sort of hook that's probably pop.

I also enjoy Tejano and Grupera music. Some of my favorite artists in these genres are Selena, Los Bukis, Bronco, Control, Freddy Fender, and Alicia Villarreal. Gloria Trevi is more of a pop singer who has good songs. I also love the Colombian band La Sonora Dinamita.

If I turn on music to listen too, it is almost always lofi, vaporwave like stuff, or chip tune. I would be doing something like art or cleaning. (If it's near Christmas, then I have a playlist on YouTube for Christmas music I like, mostly lyricless)

Video games, I just listen to what the dev put in there. I am one of those people who have to hear thier game.

Old school, Rock, metal, video game, and sparta remixes and their bases. ^_^

Not sure how I missed this thread but I almost entirely listen to video game music and fan remixes of it. It's not really a genre either because video games can use multiple music genres. I don't know if I have a preferred genre...

death rock, new wave, protogoth and darkwave, punk (as in the actual musical composition and socioeconomic ideology circa 70s-2000s, because these days the word punk itself is kind of meaningless and refers to arbitrary DIY aesthetics so anything remotely aggressive gets the label. anything after that time that is derived from that time period is really post-punk and saying punk to someone today isn't going to really help you lock down a sound because anything from nu metal to folk rock applies), pop-punk, industrial, psychobilly, cabaret, aggrotech, ska, blues, hiphop and sometimes horrorcore, rap, emo (like Sunny Day Real Estate, Armor for Sleep, Brand New, etc.) PC Music, noise, pop, alternative, death and doom metal, acid jazz, breakcore (belladonnakillz), minimal synth and synth in general. those are specific interests

but if you want a general idea, anything in the alternative, R&B, EDM, and pop fields and experimental eclectic stuff

I love everything! Mostly EDM, Pop, Hip hop, but MOST IMPORTANTLY TECHNO. I'm super into it!

My playlists consist of three types of music. K-pop, songs from musicals, and any song that was on the Netflix show Sing On!. Nothing else.

Last edited:
I like to listen to various rock and pop songs from the 80's. I also listen to some video game music, too.
Video game music? Have you discovered anything new and cool recently? 🤔 I've recently heard the theme to the 1983 arcade game "Libble Rabble" and it's been stuck in my head. Too damn catchy! 🤪🎶

Video game music? Have you discovered anything new and cool recently? 🤔 I've recently heard the theme to the 1983 arcade game "Libble Rabble" and it's been stuck in my head. Too damn catchy! 🤪🎶
I'm really addicted to the song from the course Daisy Hills from Mario Kart 7, I can't stop listening to it.

Other video game music I enjoy are the amusement park music in Tomodachi Life, and Inkwell Isle from Cuphead.
I also listen to Buccaneer Beach from Pac-Man World, for the sake of pure nostalgia, as it's the song I remember when I played this, being the very first game I have ever played at only 6-years-old.

And as for Animal Crossing, I really love the 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 8 p.m. songs from Population Growing, 3 p.m., and 1 a.m. from City Folk, as well as 5 p.m. from New Leaf.

Other Animal Crossing soundtrack includes the songs, K.K. Polka, K.K. Dixie, and Lucky K.K.
And there's also Tortimer Island, Shampoodle, Kicks, Able Sisters (Mabel and Sable), Able Sisters (Labelle), and the song Dr. Shrunk plays when he tells a joke.

I enjoy are the amusement park music in Tomodachi Life,
Rocketspruggs, you've listed quite a few songs involving the accordion there and some polkas. 🎹🎶 Do you like polka music? That Tomodachi Life song reminded me of a polka called Rosalind. Mario Party 2 has a polka called Spinning Polka and another polka I like is called Rosamunde or "beer barrel polka". You might find that these bear resemblances to some of those songs you listed. 👍

Just wanted to share that information with you, since it's cool discovering other music that sounds like familiar soundtracks you already like. 😁

Predominately classic rock. Like, so bad that it's 99%. lol

But I love video game OSTs and jazz, too. I have a habit of seeking out instrumentals, too. I am guilty of listening to the Young and the Restless theme song just 'cause it's a banger.

I’m heavily into old stuff. My music library is predominately 70s rock, alongside a lot of 80s, some 60s and 90s, and select tracks from the 21st century and beyond. I also like unconventional genres such as new age space music, smooth jazz, ambient and downtempo, and 90s DnB. Besides this, I’m also into OST’s of games I played during my childhood.

Music these days simply isn’t the same. The authenticity of recordings isn’t really there anymore, and don’t even get me started on that low-effort crap they call mumble rap. I don’t understand why so many people like it. I 100% prefer almost every disco song (which many people hated in the late 70s and early 80s) over any artist that uses “lil” in their name.

Speaking of which, can I start calling myself Lil’ Trashcan? Is there even a single artist on SoundCloud who goes by that?

Back