What memories do you have from the late 2000's?

DinosaurDumpster

You're watching Disney Channel
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
I wanted to make this because I don't see that much appreciation for these years.
Not necessarily the kind of memories like your birthday, but more of trends, toys, games, etc. that started during the years of 2005-2009.

I was born in the middle of the early 2000's, and to be honest I remember a lot because I have a pretty good long term memory. I was also shown quite a bit of things from my older siblings and rarely experienced new things that came out aside from video games, and sometimes movies. But even then I still preferred playing Mario Kart Double Dash and watching the Backyardigans recording saved on a VHS tape.

Anyways, only real ones remember these screens:
1596684146244.png

1596684650224.png

edit: A few more would be Silly Bandz, Butterfly Clips, iCarly, Drake and Josh, Playhouse Disney, and Nick Toons.

Last edited:
this video i made just after my 9th birthday is a time capsule lol

Most of those years were spent watching cartoons and reading. I hadn’t been introduced to (non-educational) video games yet and the weather was rarely good enough to go outside. Here are some images that spark nostalgia for me:
MV5BYmFlMDZkMWItZjVkMi00MzhmLWFhMjUtYTRjNjE1ZjE5ZGMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg
3772d4d0c25ec32a63a188c10f11a80b.png
MV5BMTc1NjcxNzg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTMzNzgyMDE@._V1_.jpg
51JWkCzYxdL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
V.Smile_Logo.svg

my memory is atrocious so i had to google a bit for this one LMAO. but the main thing i came across is “life with derek”, which was a canadian show - i loved that show a lot when i was younger and while it’s definitely uh,, a bit questionable now that i’m older and not looking at it through the eyes of a child, it was still a pretty fundamental part of my childhood - it came out back in 2005 which i’m shocked about as i could’ve sworn that i was older when i watched it lmao

B1952245-3363-4F05-BF65-460A99FD5BAA.jpeg

there’s so much more out there that was apart of my childhood but this is the main thing i came across that was dated in the mid-late 2000’s :p

I remember Newgrounds and when Youtube was just starting out
Myspace
All the annoying boys in my middle school saying "That's what she said"
Watching MTV and TRL
My Chemical Romance "I'm Not Okay"
Gwen Stefani "Hollaback Girl"
All the emo/scene stuff
George W. Bush
My parents divorcing and then getting back together and moving us across the country
Desperate Housewives and the show that played before it.. the one where they'd rebuild poor people's homes and yell "Move that bus!"

I remember a whole bunch of stuff! I was a little bit older in the mid 2000s but still a kid! I remember...
  • Original youtube
  • Hannah Montana
  • First iphone (boy was is clunky by today's standards)/ ipod touch
  • Avatar the last airbender (still love it)
  • Twitter's launch
  • Zoey 101
  • The Sims (2/3, not sure if it falls exactly in the 05-09 range though)
  • Return of Doctor Who
  • Neopets (I know it was released earlier but I remember it being super popular by then)
  • Pluto getting demoted to not be a planet anymore
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Soulja Boy/ Crank That and the start of the 2000s dance crazes
And soooo much more. Ah now I feel so nostalgic for that time!

I have a pretty good memory but if it only going to be about "trends", then that will be harder to remember because back then it started to become dark times, so only thing l could remember that hasn't to do with life, is wii days, old pc game days, old MLP toys, and old LPS toys that l still own. I think l remember the DS days too

Going to my neighbors house to watch YouTube in like 2007, getting Mario Galaxy for Christmas, watching Phineas and Ferb right around the time of its premiere. Watching Cartoon Network and seeing Flushed Away commercials, I have a lot of weird specific memories of the late 2000’s lol.

club penguin and poptropica were huge when I was younger lol

and coolmathgames because it was the only site that was unblocked at school.

oh and those rainbow fairy magic books... I loved those as a kid actually LOL (I'm kinda embarrassed about it now but hey)

also when barbie movies were my childhood... I was homeschooled in a p religious house so I wasn't allowed to watch Harry Potter/Disney/Pokemon or play videogames until my parents loosened up in the early 2010s... so barbie movies were kinda life for me. I had a ton of the dolls too back then, haha

club penguin and poptropica were huge when I was younger lol

and coolmathgames because it was the only site that was unblocked at school.

oh and those rainbow fairy magic books... I loved those as a kid actually LOL (I'm kinda embarrassed about it now but hey)

also when barbie movies were my childhood... I was homeschooled in a p religious house so I wasn't allowed to watch Harry Potter/Disney/Pokemon or play videogames until my parents loosened up in the early 2010s... so barbie movies were kinda life for me. I had a ton of the dolls too back then, haha
My mom called Pokèmon and Harry Potter witchcraft which was soooo funny! xD Thank goodness she doesn't care anymore, but she said that in 2005 l think or was it early. But yeah my brother and sisters weren't allowed to watch Pokèmon or read Harry Potter books or movies back then xD My mom actually threw out my brother's Pokèmon rare trading cards in the trash when my grandma got them for him few days before.

I rememeber when Sony Ericsson, Blackberry, Nokia and Motorola dominated the mobile phone market during the early to mid-2000s before the first iPhone was introduced sometime in 2007. I used a Nokia growing up, can never go wrong. Used to also have an iPod Nano first generation and would take it everywhere with me :unsure: I remember MySpace before Facebook and the very first IM softwares were either on Blackberries or Windows Live Messenger.
Nokia 3310.jpg
Apple iPod Nano 1st Generation.jpg

MySpace.jpg

Windows Live Messenger.jpg

I was a young adult during this period, so I didn't really notice new toys, kid TV shows, etc. (which I notice more now, with a young son). My strongest memory of this period is meeting my husband in 2009.

I was too old to be interested in toys and such by the mid/late-2000s. I was really focused on computers, gadgets, and gaming. I remember importing a North American copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World in 2005 because I didn't want to wait the six+ months until it came out in Europe.

I was a young adult during this period, so I didn't really notice new toys, kid TV shows, etc. (which I notice more now, with a young son). My strongest memory of this period is meeting my husband in 2009.

Congrats! I met mine in 2004.

2005-2009 was the time period I was finishing up college and then getting out into a job situation affected by the recession. So lots of highs and lows. I got my B.A. in 2007 -- definitely one of the "high" times -- and then spent a couple of semesters in grad school only to learn I didn't like the propects of the program I was in. By the end of 2009, after a lot of job searching, I was working as a paralegal. The paralegal position was my first full-time job, but it didn't last -- I was good only at summarizing depositions, not most other aspects of the job. I still didn't know I had autism yet, but this is when I and others were really starting to wonder about it, since I struggled a lot with social and multi-tasking aspects of employment. The working world can be so dramatically different from the comfort and predictability of the ivory tower.

for whatever reason, playing a lot of the sims 2 pets on the gamecube and writing poetry as a kid. a lot of the other stuff I think I blocked out

Something I miss in particular are the flash loops, flash games, and the general internet culture.
I also fondly remember grinding in korean mmorpgs such as Maplestory

Neopets!!
MSN
Fansites

<3 Neopets... Everyone putting fancy javascripts on their fansites lol

Something I miss in particular are the flash loops, flash games, and the general internet culture.
I also fondly remember grinding in korean mmorpgs such as Maplestory

<3 Neopets... Everyone putting fancy javascripts on their fansites lol

Yes!! I remember lots of people starting out with learning HTML through creating custom userlookups! I started my HTML journey through Piczo which is another memory lol.

I remember those javascript popups were really common for people to put on their sites, typically on their "do not click here" page. You'd get bombarded with endless streams of javascript popups that you'd have to click through in order to exit. I remember getting stuck on one and having to shut my entire computer down to escape lololol.

Back