• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Makes You Nervous?

I have GAD so actually everything always.

But the WORST thing is getting news and not knowing what it's about. I don't want any calls about how "we need to talk about something" or "something just happened" because I always always assume the worst. I also strongly dislike getting emails because I feel like it's always bills or something bad or more compiled on. If you're going to tell me something you have to start off with what is going on immediately. Please just get to the point so I can deal with it!!

You know what they say: no news is good news
lmao

I have GAD so actually everything always.

But the WORST thing is getting news and not knowing what it's about. I don't want any calls about how "we need to talk about something" or "something just happened" because I always always assume the worst. I also strongly dislike getting emails because I feel like it's always bills or something bad or more compiled on. If you're going to tell me something you have to start off with what is going on immediately. Please just get to the point so I can deal with it!!

You know what they say: no news is good news
lmao
I can relate to this, anytime I get texts like that or "Hey, can we talk?" my heart rate will literally SOAR no matter what it is, even if it's something as minor as just wanting to hang out or checking in on me

People in high school would talk about me and I always hear them even when they think I don’t. It made me upset and nervous, especially if I’m doing a presentation and I can hear them.

I also get nervous when I know I’m being talked about or being asked about or just the possibility like now, I’m mad at a friend and still former friends that are in the same group. One likes to talk about her friends a lot.

Last edited:
People in high school would talk about me and I always hear them even when they think I don’t. It made me upset and nervous, especially if I’m doing a presentation and I can hear them.

I also get nervous when I know I’m being talked about or being asked about or just the possibility like now, I’m mad at a friend and still former friends that are in the same group. One likes to talk about her friends a lot.
Same, sometimes when im performing something they would always make unpleasant face and close their ears and laugh. : (

Whenever we have family over, I get anxious since my dad get anxious and lashes out more than usual and my schedule of doing things gets messed up. Less privacy as well, noise in the morning; just so much going on when we have company.

Yeah...having gatherings and or meeting family can be pleasant sometimes. But sometimes it can be a pain when it feels like you have to entertain them or put everything on hold. Which I don't get many days off to chill, so it's really annoying when that happens on a day off when I wish I could just be relaxing.

Hopefully you can have some time to yourself this evening!

The fact that I have to be told about weight constantly. I'm honestly getting really sick and tired of people pestering me about my weight and asking me if I've lost any weight as if they think I am not trying "hard" enough.

Fireworks. Oddly enough, it’s the boom that scares me, not the fire. I’ve had this problem ever since I was a baby. To deal with it, I just take out my old iPod and turn up the music to drown out the noise.

My dad makes me nervous. He doesn’t treat his anxiety since he claims he doesn’t have it and any anxiety he has it is my mom’s fault or mine. His anger (as a result of his anxiety) reminds me of my ex who had ptsd. Sometimes when I made him made, he’d confront me in my room and corner me.

The unknown makes me nervous. If someone is very vague when telling me something, I’ll assume the worst. It happens when someone calls me and says they need to see me immediately or very soon. The thought of not knowing what someone will say stresses me out.

fete/carnival rides. I kind that they assemble. I went to a fete yesterday and my poor bf's hand must have of felt like it was being squished into oblivion.

At the moment? Driving. I got my license a month ago and the idea that I can operate a piece of heavy machinery that could easily kill someone makes me very nervous. Cars are such a liability too, one wrong move and you're facing thousands of dollars in damages and insurance fees.

Noise makes me nervous and I can’t concentrate with it. When I post something, I get nervous while waiting or worry about the responses. I also get nervous about some things like people being able to work around the block or mute feature on some web sites (a friend said someone was able to work around something by quote retweeting him or something to bash him for some opinion they didn’t like).

Last edited:
Stairs..

I cant go up stairs without telling myself everything will be ok.

One time at my old work I slipped down the stairs on my stomach. Hurt my foot badly, but those stairs are awful. It's so easy to slip on them.. even after that I still slipped down them. I'm still not a fan of stairs for that reason.. twisted ankles ain't fun. I've had many just from those stairs.
--
Second is needles. I have an extreme Needle phobia

If anyone even talks about them I cant listen, or feel really sick. I'm going to try to get the vaccine.. but its honestly gonna be awful regardless

I wanna see my friends, none of them will hang out with me irl unless I have it.. that's the only reason I'm gonna try to get it. Plus ive been feeling kinda sick, and my dad keeps saying I should get it in case, which is terrifying!😭 but this is not gonna be easy. Esspecially since theres two! That's so much worse for someone like me...

Last edited:
Just about anything honestly but just to name a few off the top of my head:

• Phone calls
  • Talking to strangers
  • Interviews
  • Writing exams/taking tests
  • Being evaluated
  • Being watched
  • Driving in heavy traffic
  • Driving in a place I'm not familiar with
  • Doctor appointments
  • etc.

I have anxiety disorder and taking meds for it; go nuts picking one from my many sources of nervousness.

Public speaking is definitely a big one for me though, but something recent that occurs to me is when you know you're about to enter into an argument with someone. That can make me pretty nervous too because 1) I have to big of an ego to step away, and yet 2) I suck at arguing.

Whenever something pops up at the last second without me knowing and I'm involved without being talked about it beforehand. It's annoying as this has happened a good amount of times when I was a teen that I had to make my parents buy me some stuff to make it up so I can go with them. Like, I would love to be given a heads up about what will be happening soon or else I'll say no. I'd rather stay with family members than to go somewhere far and where I have no interest going to.

Back