Bells
Island
Pawtucket
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Lost Book
Tortimer
Famous Mushroom
It's winter where I live, and getting colder and darker by the minute. Barely seeing the sun makes me sad, and the way I cope is by making time and space to feel ✨ cozy ✨.

For me, coziness is curling up in bed with a thick blanket, warm socks, a mug of hot chocolate, and a riveting true crime podcast. With my space heater blasting beside me, of course, and (preferably) the gentle patter of rain or falling snow.

If I'm with my family, nothing beats watching a movie while everyone is firmly snuggled under their respective blanket.

I'm looking for some inspiration this winter. ☕🧦 What makes you feel cozy? What objects, clothes, foods/drinks, sounds, etc. spark that safe, warm vibe? What cozy activities do you love?

Ahh, that that sounds so very cozy indeed! (-`♡`-) I love turning off the lights in the evening to be accompanied by the illuminated glow of my tree as a I sip on hot chocolate and watch my favorite Christmas movies. I also love to just listen to a bunch of my favorite classic Christmas songs too. I always find myself then start to reminisce on all of the memories of when I was a child and how fun it was to "wait for Santa", become excited waking up in the morning to see a bunch of presents under the tree and then go to my relative's houses afterwards. Ahh, the good old days.

During sweater weather season, I love waking up to a beautiful bright chilly morning, throw my favorite big hoodie on and then go make myself a nice warm mug of tea to drink as I watch some YouTube videos about news of upcoming games, shows, the world etc before going about my day. The one thing I love most during sweater weather season though is smelling the cold air of smoke from fireplaces that people have on ❤

Laying under my weighed blanket, having some good smelling wax melting in my Scentsy wax warmer, rain, my cat laying on or next to me purring, a good book, coffee or cocoa, some sort of baked treat like cookies or some chocolate, playing videogames in bed with dim lights, listening to meditations, listening to relaxing music, watching my favorite shows. Those are some things that help me feel cozy. Oh and also wearing my beanie.

a hot shower, fuzzy socks, my giant blanket robe thing that i can completely disappear into, hot tea, animal crossing, being tucked into bed, cuddles, lofi, rain/snow/or thunderstorm outside, and sitting near a fire (although i dont have a fireplace or firepit but maybe one day!)

I love turning off the lights in the evening to be accompanied by the illuminated glow of my tree as a I sip on hot chocolate and watch my favorite Christmas movies.

Ooh, I never mentioned lighting in my original post, and that's such a huge one! I love Christmas tree glows. I need to hang my string lights up so I can experience that year-round :D

smelling wax melting in my Scentsy wax warmer, rain, my cat laying on or next to me purring, a good book, coffee or cocoa, some sort of baked treat like cookies or some chocolate

Scents! Another amazing idea. I am obsessed with candles that smell like baked treats (pumpkin pie and cinammon cookie are my current scents), so that's two in one :p

lofi, rain/snow/or thunderstorm outside, and sitting near a fire (although i dont have a fireplace or firepit but maybe one day!)

I remember before NH came out, I spent a lot of time listening to AC lo-fi mixes and imagining how nice it would be to vibe to them while playing NH. Now that the opportunity has rolled around, I should try it <3

Yes! Cozy is important. Fleece blankets and fleece pants. Mom bought me a couple of pairs of these slipper? Sock things. They are super warm. They are kinda fuzzy inside and sewn in two layers. They have rubber like bumps on the soles since they are socks and not fully slippers. They are thick. One pair is a sloth and the other a penguin.
I also have this house coat like thing my aunt bought me that is pretty warm that I wear alot.
Dim lights at night. Being awake at night in general because of the quietness. I like sleeping in a chair, so to me that's pretty cozy. It's like the only way I can relax anymore. Plus I got my lil doggos with me. Cuddling with them is great.
I really like listening to instrumental music on YouTube when I read on the computer. I guess it's called lofi. I also drink green tea now and then too. Warm drinks are the best. I'm cold often so it helps.
One that may be weird and not popular is washing dishes. I run my stuff through a dish washer first then I hand wash everything after. It's an old machine so doing it this way helps with scrubbing and getting any leftovers and soap off and gives me peace of mind. We have a window above the sink and I usually turn on some vaperwave like music or just the common radio and listen to people talk.
All of this stuff is 10x better when it is raining or snowing.

Yes, yes, yes to all of the above that everyone has mentioned. A favourite of mine every winter is the fireplace channel on TV/Netflix/youtube/etc. a real fireplace would be even better but even just watching it still provides a great cozy effect for me.

for me it’s being wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito and having very little light in my house except for one lamp in the living room

It’s winter where I live as well. I’m from the UK. It’s 8°c here at the moment. I stay under my bedcovers to keep me warm as me and cold don’t mix at all, when I’m outside in the cold my hands go purple/blue and I’m ice cold. I wear my onesie to keep me extra warm under the bedcovers and I drink hot chocolate as well.

Biiiiiiiiig fuzzy blankets. I think they're called micro plush or fiber or somethin. Idk. Also, not standard sized. I need two blankets that are 7'x9' ATLEAST. I wrap the two big blankets around me, wrap the smaller standard sized blanket around my shoulders & neck, sometimes get one of my big squishy cat stuffed animals, also suuuper soft, and curl up in a ball either on my bed or my couch. It doesn't get that cold where I live, the most it'll dip into is like mid 50s, so I like my room nice and chilly. I'll leave the AC on for longer before I go to bed cause the cold helps me sleep better.

To top it all off, if I'm on my couch, my doggie💜 She's a lap dog who loves snuggles and soft things so she's great to snuggle with.

Christmas, it's always been christmas. i live in southern california where snow really doesn't exist, so rain is one of these things too.

Honestly, my cat Luna loafin' on me or around me makes me the coziest. He's always tried to comfort me since he was the size of a lint-ball. 🥺

Other things that make me cozy are: fuzzy socks, my special usagi bed-themed blanket, cool ranch Doritos, and coffee. 🙂

Wearing my winter hats. People always say I look like I should be sipping vodka in Siberia or flying a B-24, but jokes on them when they're shivering and I'm all nice and toasty. These things keep you so warm. You all should look into getting one.

R.1f53bdaef741bca7101001c2c23e59e4

Socks, a vest, and a hot drink. I especially recommend the hot drink. I personally drink coffee or tea but once in a while, I'll crack out the hot cocoa packs and marshmellows.

I also tend to wear regular (?) cotton socks instead of wool or fuzzy socks because my feet get suuuuper swampy if I warm them up a little too much.

Back