What would you like to see have a comeback in New Horizons?

CuriousCharli

Bunnie's Shmoopy
Bells
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Spring Shamrock
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Pear (Fruit)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
I'm talking about the orignal Animal Crossing, Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf and even Pocket Camp. What would you like to see make a comeback from those games into New Horizons?
Feel free to rant if it's on topic!

There is so much I want them to bring back from New Leaf its quite rediculous and also some things from Wild World by mostly events.

* I love the fact I can listen to Wild World and New Leaf OST music for hours, there's so much personality and soul. There was more than enough opportunity to have favourites. I don't feel the same about NH music.
* There were a lot of events with Wild World but I kind of miss my favourite, Flea day, where you would buy your neighbours items from their house. it somewhat came back in New Leaf but was a bit more controlled. In Wild World you could practically empty their house unless it was a special item (I still have a memory of Rhonda hauding her regal furniture) it would be nice if you could and I do think they tease you a bit since when you touch an object the villager pipes up about it.
* YES I want the cafe back but my opinion is, if you have never played Wild World you will never understand the cafe in the basement having the better atomosphere compared to NL. The cafe OST gives me a warm feeling in my chest that makes me feel I should never leave.
* I kinda miss Tortimer or maybe I just think he's always been there and his missing presence doesn't feel right.
* Mini games! Amiibo Festival update brought two mini games to NL through the DS items and honestly, they were pretty fun and I'd like to see something like them come back when you press on either one of the switches that are in game.
* I would like to see games come back in general actually. I miss playing Hide and Seek with the villagers, I miss playing gameswith my friends it just feels so lifeless? There's nothing to do but run around. Some have been creative and made mazes and such on their island and that's pretty amazing but.. if you don't have the insight to do it... yeah.
* Interactive stuff to do with villagers or friends kind of like in Pocket Camp.
* Fortune Cookies, please bring them back! Whether it's like PC or NL, just bring them back Nintendo!

Mini rant: Some of these things should of been a thing at the very beginning. People have had the game for more than half a year now and it doesn't really seem fair to them, they missed out on what we have now. I hate to think it but I think some gave up on the game and I always think that's a shame to hear I guess because the game means a lot to me. We also need to keep in mind, Nintendo promised they'd work on NH for a few more years to come so they definitely have a plan in store.
I kind of don't like how characters who have ALWAYS been there are being released as an "update" because to me as big fan and seasoned player, it seems cheap (Thanks Giving for example they hinted that there would be cooking yet, was just Franklin and sorry to burst your bubble but he's not new and neither are dung beetles) but for some it's brand new and I do think that's a problem to a certain degree how they seem to be focusing on catching people's eye instead of giving their fans acknowlegement but that's my opinion and I am fully aware, I could be very wrong for it.

I actually really miss the whole idea of having main street! especially the vibe we got from let's go to the city, where you had to physically travel by bus to get there and it was just a hub of activity. I think that could so nicely be implemented into NH and coincide with the return of Kapp'n, who could use the pier to take us to more of a 'city' area with shops like Gracie Gracie, Leif, Kicks etc like city folk!

I also definitely miss playing mini games like hide and seek with villagers (we have treasure hunts now but they're rare and not as fun) and all the ones we got on tortimer's island! so I'd also love to see a return of that.

For me I mostly miss the following:
- the roost in the basement, I agree with what you said!! It really wasn’t the same in New Leaf, I’d looove it back in the basement with the piano music
- NPC backstory, loved the backstory in wild world
- get rid of this dialogue priority, the variety is there but the game prioritises set dialogue first
- all the stuff villagers could do, challenge you to fishing contests and losing their keys, playing hide and seek, asking for specific furniture or clothes, visit your house
- full furniture sets, none of the series in the game are like, full 13 pieces with wall and floor except mermaid :/ full sets are fun to collect and mix and match

Basically I want the depth back, new features aren’t that much of a must to me

- NPC backstory, loved the backstory in wild world
Yes! If there's one thing that WW did right, it was this. I've been hoping for it's return since then but nope.

I wish that the Gracie furniture and RV items would come back. Also the mannequins. My sewing room is incomplete without them!

My main ones are pretty much the same as yours!
- I'm sure we'll get the roost eventually but I hope we get it sooner rather than later! Like a lot of people in the forum I'm hoping they bring Brewster back in January or February so we can end the winter with hot drinks and chit chat. I have a spot in my downtown area next to the museum reserved for the Roost so I really hope he'll have his own building, but I can settle with it being inside the museum and turn my area into outdoor seating. As long as they don't bring him back as a rotating plaza NPC I'll be happy! I want to make drink for and chat with the villagers
- I really miss villager visits and it's been hinted in the game and by datamines that this will be added eventually! I can understand staggering the NPCs to let us get to know them but I really don't get why this feature wasn't included from day 1. If they added the flea market from wild world that would be great too since a few of my villagers have some great furniture that just won't show up in nooks. It'll also give me more of a reason to finish decorating my alts' houses
- I miss some of the older NPCs, mainly Phyllis, Pelly, and Tortimer - and the letters about the Boondox people. I don't know if they'd ever bring them back since there's no role for them on the island but I can still hope!
- more games to play on the island would always be a plus - both for villager interaction and multiplayer
- more dialogue options with the villagers would be fantastic
- an option to adjust the background music so we can hear the natural sounds like footsteps and shooting stars better, and can actually hear the music playing on record players

I agree with you on Brewster being in the museum downstairs. My first AC game was Wild World, so it just has that sort of nostalgic feeling. I would love to see Nook’s Cranny get an upgrade and see Gracie return. I love all of her clothing designs and the seasonal furniture she had. I also want to see Copper and Booker make a return in the police station. It was nice having one of them tell you who was in town or not. Would make finding Celeste a lot easier.

I know a lot of my popular picks have already been covered (Nook’s cranny upgrade, perfect fruits, maybe tropical fruits (didn’t check)) so I’ll bring up something that might not be so popular. I want the rafflesia flower to come back. I just want more plants to return to the island!

Since we cannot have a 1-star town after getting enough villagers, maybe it could be connected to having too much trees, shrubs and weeds. If those who don’t want the flowers but want a large amount of weeds, perhaps Leif can give a deep weeding service to remove them.

A few other plant-related items that I’d like to make a return are thickets and lily pads, both from ACGC. I like the shrubs we already have, don’t get me wrong, but what we had in GC just makes the town feel a bit more wild.

Besides the most obvious one, The Roost, I would love to see a comeback of the perfect fruits and some of the tropical ones, in particular lemons and bananas. The flea market would be nice too, although I guess chances of that one making a return are low, would be lovely if villagers would start visiting you at home again or they invite you to their houses instead. Otherwise, something like the club from New Leaf or the theater from City Folk should come back, K.K. needs a proper place for his concerts (so that he finally stops blocking the RS at Saturdays...). Also, I want the Sloppy set back, I could really need this one right now to finish up my alt characters house, it would fit perfectly to the house's theme.

I do miss having some of the things from New Leaf, that's for sure. The one thing I miss from City Folk is.. the city! I would LOVE to have that back, with a bunch of shops, so we don't have to wait for certain visitors once every two weeks. I'm all for some of the guests staying as guests. CJ, Flick, Gulliver, Gullivar, Sahara, and Redd should all be weekly guests, with one of them not appearing in a week. Labelle, Leif, and Kicks would be moved to the city. And they can add more things as well. Maybe Katrina can have a small tent, and of course Gracie could have something!

I really want the games from New Leaf back. Hide and seek! Also getting furniture for your villagers, signing petitions in other towns. More complete furniture sets! Heck, I wouldn't even mind having some DIY furniture sets, as long as they make sense!!! Put KK in some kind of club like in NL too, because quite frankly I am sick and tired of him being on my island every Saturday messing up other things. A villager can't ask to leave the island on Saturdays because of him, and that's a weekend day. Like... come on, get out the way and stop mucking things up dude. Also... deterioration of flowers. Yes, I said it! I'm not even sorry. New Horizons ensures that your flowers never leave, and instead they spread like wildfire! Any time it rains or snows I now know that I'll be running around my island the next day digging up more that are trying to take over my island. I didn't put a stop to it when I should have and now I need a whole crew to clear it at this point.

I would like to say, that with all of that, I do love this game so much. And I'm not demanding these things at all. Just mere things that I think would be nice to have back. But the game as it is is pretty darn great! To me, it really is 2020's game of the year.

i've only played new leaf and hhd!!
  • aside from like obvious things...
  • i want something similar to the locker that was in the train station. when i play new leaf it was always really nice to be able to put stuff in my storage there then having to run all the way back to my house. lots of folks (from what i've seen) put their home in cliffs in the back in new horizons so it would be nice to have something like that
  • i do kind of miss seeing past residents in town. i understand that would be kind of difficult to do with the whole island thing, but what if you like could bump into them on mystery islands instead of them not remembering you at all (i was so sad when marina didn't remember me when i ran into her :c)
  • something like tortimer's island please! i know there's lots of horror stories to go with it, but i feel like if nintendo worked on it they could fix a lot of the issues it had. i loved being able to go and meet random people or play tours with people!
  • please let brewster's be put in the museum basement please!
  • perfect fruits as different varieties of fruits instead and the rest of the other fruits! i miss lemons! :c
  • i like that we can change our hair a lot easier, but i do miss harriet dearly ;w;
  • i also miss digby!! streetpass is gonna be gone soon give him a job on the island!
  • the little activities villagers could do!! i want hide n seek again and random visits in a better way (aka let us be able to say no im busy)
  • i miss club lol dr. shrunk is one of my FAVORITES!!!
  • I MISS PHINEAS SO DANG BAD 😭 idk what purpose he could even have i just wanna see him again!
  • ok i'm gonna make this way too long if i don't stop
mostly i want my favies back lol xD

i've only played new leaf and hhd!!
  • aside from like obvious things...
  • i want something similar to the locker that was in the train station. when i play new leaf it was always really nice to be able to put stuff in my storage there then having to run all the way back to my house. lots of folks (from what i've seen) put their home in cliffs in the back in new horizons so it would be nice to have something like that
  • i do kind of miss seeing past residents in town. i understand that would be kind of difficult to do with the whole island thing, but what if you like could bump into them on mystery islands instead of them not remembering you at all (i was so sad when marina didn't remember me when i ran into her :c)
  • something like tortimer's island please! i know there's lots of horror stories to go with it, but i feel like if nintendo worked on it they could fix a lot of the issues it had. i loved being able to go and meet random people or play tours with people!
  • please let brewster's be put in the museum basement please!
  • perfect fruits as different varieties of fruits instead and the rest of the other fruits! i miss lemons! :c
  • i like that we can change our hair a lot easier, but i do miss harriet dearly ;w;
  • i also miss digby!! streetpass is gonna be gone soon give him a job on the island!
  • the little activities villagers could do!! i want hide n seek again and random visits in a better way (aka let us be able to say no im busy)
  • i miss club lol dr. shrunk is one of my FAVORITES!!!
  • I MISS PHINEAS SO DANG BAD 😭 idk what purpose he could even have i just wanna see him again!
  • ok i'm gonna make this way too long if i don't stop
mostly i want my favies back lol xD
I want to piggy back off of your residents not remembering you. What if during the times there ISN'T an empty plot on your island, going to mystery islands had your voided villagers on them, remembering you and everything? During their voided period, they are hopping around islands, just taking in the sights before they find their new home? That would be so nice I think!

Honestly it is not spoken about enough, but I would really like the Nintendo amiibo characters and items to return. I LOVED having the Zelda villagers in my town, and now imagine if we had all those Zelda items to sprinkle around the island?

I would never complain ever again.

Back