What would you like to see have a comeback in New Horizons?

I know this has been asked for like 100 billion times already, but please Nintendo bring Brewster coffee building back! And more custom slots please there's just so many designs and 50 spaces just isn't enough in a game about meticulous customization. Also would like all NL items, especially food items and Sanrio/Zelda/Splatoon costumes, but I'm not holding my breath. :x

Mini-games. For the love of God, I miss mini-games.
They were so fun to play with friends.
I just wish there was more reason to use multiplayer besides just trading. It feels useless right now.
I also miss making coffee for different villagers.
Please bring back Brewster :(

aside from the very common ones such as gyroids, gracie and brewster, i would love the return of an item like the instrument shelter pwp in new leaf that you could check the weather using. i know that there's apparently weather on tv at some point but like.... i want to be able to check at any time.

there are a lot of specific items i would like to have in new horizons that were in previous games. at least give us some of the old sets we had. please.

another thing i liked to see in dream towns was the face cutouts, both the pwps (that you could put custom designs on) and the hacked in seasonal ones. i didn't use them myself but honestly? so cute. imagine what people would do with them if we had them.

i like being able to use patterns given by sable to customize furniture, but in new leaf i really liked being able to use clothing as a pattern. i understand that there are probably some limitations and it did look a little funky in new leaf but it would be cute in some cases...

also, i wanted this in new leaf too but the credit card that existed in city folk, i wasn't rich enough to get much use of it in that game but i thought about how useful it would be every time i shopped at gracie's in new leaf. bringing an inventory full off bells is annoying, not that inventory space is very limited but yea.

i also wish we had some more large pwp like objects to put outside, yeah we have those weird teacup rides and the dinosaur or whatever but i really want illuminated hearts, topiaries, the wisteria trellis, the giant boot... some of the old pwps from new leaf were so great.

So I love this game so much and I agree with all the big ones from new leaf....c'mon we really need Brewster and the Roost..I'm a standalone building kinda guy..tortimers island etc.

However to be a bit off the wall I'm going to pick some ideas to return from pocket camp.

1) Ok motors,
I love Giovanni, Beppe and crew. We could get our own camper van we can place anywhere only we could go inside and decorate it

2) Happy Home Academy
I really like how pocket camp did this, we could get challenges to decorate villagers homes and rewards for the points we score. It could be it's own island and would give us some more variety of things to do.

3) Dress up villagers
Ok so how cool would it be if we could actually dress our villagers up. It could be more of a task we do where they ask us to change up their look but this way we could design outfits for them

4) and...most of the pocket camp items....especially the clock tower...

Last edited:
1. Brewster and the Roost
2. Interesting dialogue (like in WW when villagers were mean to you lol look below) (not my picture)

Please let AC Switch make villagers mean again : AnimalCrossing

1. Brewster and the Roost
2. Interesting dialogue (like in WW when villagers were mean to you lol look below) (not my picture)

Please let AC Switch make villagers mean again : AnimalCrossing
I kinda miss the snarky and rude remarks sometimes. Chow got angry at me for being away and I really mean ANGRY lol but at the end it just shows he cares. That was the whole point of being Cranky and Snooty etcetc. They were hard on the outside but once befriended you realised just how sweet they could be.

Nook upgrades I hope soo. Also it would be fun to have online experience in game with random players, just like in new leaf. Sometimes I want to play online but my friends are not connected. Also the cafe place I really hope and another floor in the shop would be fun.

New Horizons definitely has a lot it could bring back from the older games. Here's my list, which may include other people's wishes.
  • Big side rooms. How does New Horizons think it's okay to give so little space in our homes' side rooms yet Harvey gets every room at the perfect size? The wide and small rooms need to become bigger square-shaped rooms again.
  • Old soundtracks. Yes, no Animal Crossing game has ever done it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good new addition. Some (myself included) think the older games had more memorable hourly soundtracks, so why not bring them back so I could appreciate New Leaf's music and get nostalgic with Wild World?
  • Gyroids. I probably didn't use them enough, but I have to admit, it definitely feels like something's missing without the ability to place them around and make interesting sounds to music. When I saw some in a screenshot, I thought of how nice it'd be to have them back.
  • Umbrella customization - I have to question why players can't design their own umbrellas anymore. I remember it was possible in Wild World (and probably was up until this game), so...why remove it? New Horizons' transparent pixels could allow for frilly(?) edges of the canopy like Peach's Parasol.
  • (from @Matt0106) Amiibo villagers - Obviously, I didn't play New Leaf enough to find out about the Amiibo villagers, but since I've seen 'em, I think they should return, mainly for Étoile; She's cute, and like other cute animals, would probably find herself on Isle Xane somehow.

Something I secretly hope for every update is the return of Brewster. The cafe was my absolute favourite part of New Leaf and I was really surprised to see it wouldn't be included in New Horizons D: I'm so desperate that I've been keeping an empty plot for if he ever decides to come back, which is honestly quite sad lmao

Something else I'd love to come back was the upgrading of Nooks Cranny- I forget what it was called in NL, Timmy and Tommy's? Idk. I loved being able to do so much cataloguing and shopping rather than only have five items to choose from.

Kind of connected to upgrading Nook's Cranny, I hoped Leif would get a permanent spot in the island :C same as kicks and Labelle too! Having only two shops is quite boring for me to be honest. Leif would have such a cute shop too! Like a little greenhouse or something woody- ugh, I can only dream.

I want to add this. I hate the backwards, forwards of the game, it gives it a feel it's still in Beta and I guess it is.
I would like:
  • Lockers in the airport similar to New Leaf where I can access my storage anywhere.
  • To be able to use the ABD in other people's town just like, guess what, NEW LEAF because going back for bells is a pain.
  • A mass buy in Abel's because I do buy multiple colours as well as multiple clothing options.
  • A mass craft that is dependant on the craft materials you have on you/in storage.
  • The craft station to have an option to take from storage as well as pockets, it's just uneccessary to put them in your pockets from your storage when they could of programmed it to craft from storage.

Back