What is your NH unpopular opinion?

Auctions and Selling posts with starting prices of 400NMT or above make me loose hope that I will ever be able to get even one of my dreamies on my island.... *sighs*

I really like Isabelle. But i don't think she should have had as 'big' of a role as she did. All of her actions are things Nook could have just as easily done. Heck i'd like it if Isabelle was a character that only showed up during events, like Reese and Cyrus. Either make her role bigger (like having tom nook work at nook's cranny after town hall is built leaving only Isabelle) or make her role so small she wouldn't be noticed if she was randomly cut.

Orville is an unnecessary character. I could care less about Wilbur, but since I'm constantly traveling or opening up my island, his dialogue is so annoying. If I press on the wrong option it means that i have to start over.

I hate the cranky villager personality in this game, they have been downgraded a lot, they have lost their charm and personality. I don't like how the crankies talk like they're, "old", depending on how old I see the cranky villager as. The cranky villager personality was SO much better in New Leaf!

The old man dialogue works a lot better on villagers like Dobie, Hamphrey, Curt, Gonzo, Avery, and Gaston, but the dialogue is really unfitting for almost any other cranky villager who looks a lot younger to me, so the dialogue can be really unsettling, depending on who says it.

This bothers me to the point that I have a strict no cranky villager policy, and I prefer to have any other personality, except for the boring and bland crankies.

I got totally uncomfortable having to sit through Cyd and Chow's dialogue during their time on my island, and I was delighted when I finally got them to leave. Cyd and Chow weren't bad villagers themselves, but having to listen to their dullness made my skin crawl...they are not old to me at all!

I hate the cranky villager personality in this game, they have been downgraded a lot, they have lost their charm and personality. I don't like how the crankies talk like they're, "old", depending on how old I see the cranky villager as. The cranky villager personality was SO much better in New Leaf!

The old man dialogue works a lot better on villagers like Dobie, Hamphrey, Curt, Gonzo, Avery, and Gaston, but the dialogue is really unfitting for almost any other cranky villager who looks a lot younger to me, so the dialogue can be really unsettling, depending on who says it.

This bothers me to the point that I have a strict no cranky villager policy, and I prefer to have any other personality, except for the boring and bland crankies.

I got totally uncomfortable having to sit through Cyd and Chow's dialogue during their time on my island, and I was delighted when I finally got them to leave. Cyd and Chow weren't bad villagers themselves, but having to listen to their dullness made my skin crawl...they are not old to me at all!
I do not blame you. The crankies in this game can be kindly and gentle, but there was just something about them in New Leaf that I much prefer...they acted like teddy bears: Tough and gruff, but with a loving, protective side towards those close to them! <3333 And yeah, a lot of the crank villagers do not even look like old men at all. Sure, maybe they are a bit older than most villagers, but not THAT old.

I do not blame you. The crankies in this game can be kindly and gentle, but there was just something about them in New Leaf that I much prefer...they acted like teddy bears: Tough and gruff, but with a loving, protective side towards those close to them! <3333 And yeah, a lot of the crank villagers do not even look like old men at all. Sure, maybe they are a bit older than most villagers, but not THAT old.
Idk why but I always imagine their dialogue in Ed Asner’s voice lol.

Last edited:
idk if its unpopular but i wish there was a way to just skip over dialogue faster. it takes up so much time and sometimes i just need to ge stuff done.

Events in this game are annoying and repetitive. I don't know if it's impopular or not but it's my opinion. I don't remember a lot of events in this game to be honest and I haven't done all of them but it's all the time the same: catching things (feathers, petals), farming diy recipes, shake trees, really I don't remember but I know I was annoyed doing them. Especially Bunny Day, but I'll avoid this event in the future (and the boy associated, he's creepy).
I also miss the old fishing tournaments when you had to catch the biggest fish. Now it's just farming again and again. But I do enjoy the new gifts.

Back