• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite tycoon game?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
And no, it can't be anything related to Sims. It has to be more of a game with the word "Tycoon" in the name or something similar.

My favorite would have to be Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic (the iOS app game). It's exactly like RCT1 and RCT2, but made into a game you can play on your phone or tablet.

I liked Zoo Tycoon 2. It's by no means perfect, but I find it enjoyable whenever I play it. It actually had a decent modding community so you could make some really nice looking parks.

Zoo Tycoon by a long shot. The 2nd one most definitely. The first one is ok. Not gonna mention the Xbox One version.

Zoo tycoon *.*
both of them are great, but I always played 2 more

I had zoo tycoon on DS so I guess that's the only one I've ever played :/

RCT and the 2nd instalment indeed. The 3 and other modern instalments are a shame to the series.

I'm quite a fan of Theme Park World, but chances are that's simply because of nostalgia.
I've had quite a lot of fun creating trap parks, where the guests all end up in my multi-tiered wandering pens filled with progressively more expensive attractions and progressively less toilets. I've rarely been able to create the same experience to quite the same level in other tycoon games.

i used to play rollercoaster tycoon (either the first or second, i'm not sure which one) a lot as a kid and really liked it but i liked rollercoaster tycoon 3 way more.
my favourite thing to do in RCT 3 was to make a big park with a lot of different themes where every attraction had a different song, pop balloons, drown people (especially kids), and make "mini towns" that were completely separate from the rest of the park. i'd put down short streetlights, sculpture things, some trees and maybe some attractions and then i'd go around the park and take kids and put them in the mini towns. not sure exactly why i did it but it was a lot of fun, though eventually i would let the kids go because they kept being like "i can't find my family ): i'm lost ):" which was boring.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum. I got the disc back in 2010 but it's worn down from so much use that back in March of this year I repurchased the digital version on Steam. I LOVE finding recreations of real world rides on ride sharing/RCT3 community sites and making fantasy versions of real life parks.

Ride all the roller coasters you want never pay for park tickets :p

I absolutely love Game Dev Tycoon. I highly doubt it's good for "tycoon-lovers", but I really enjoyed the progression and challenge in it. I completed it to 100% including the somewhat new piracy mode, had to grind for two achievements and spent 31 hours with it. It's definitely not the hundreds of hours type of management and building fun, but to me it's one of my favorite management tycoon games.

And no, it can't be anything related to Sims. It has to be more of a game with the word "Tycoon" in the name or something similar.

My favorite would have to be Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic (the iOS app game). It's exactly like RCT1 and RCT2, but made into a game you can play on your phone or tablet.

I'm a big fan of theme hospital and zoo tycoon 2, both are solid fun games. I was never really a rollercoaster tycoon fan for one reason, I couldn't make custom challenges in sandbox or start with a clean slate or custom money. That always felt half done to me and the game had too much control over scenarios I would have liked to have explored further.

Zoo Tycoon, any version. I would play for hours. I love animals and decorating, so it was a perfect combination.

Zoo Tycoon 2 for pc (2005)

I can play that game for hours if I choose to. There's just something so satisfying about seeing the message "grizzly bear #14 is being sent back to the wild" pop up since there were so many I couldn't take care of them anymore.

The only 'tycoon' games I've played are Zoo Tycoon, RCT1 and RCT2, and out of them, I personally like RCT2 the best, as it does have the same old-school aesthetic as RCT1, but more attractions, music and all that jazz.
I really do need to ask my parent for that one desktop PC with a CD drive anytime soon, because I've really been longing to play RCT1 and RCT2 again after about 7 years ever since watching videos about that on YouTube last year, and this could possibly be my chance... 🙄🤭
Whenever I played RCT2, I could let my imagination roam freely and build the parks as I wish (especially when booting up a 'build your own Six Flags' file), even if there are some standards and goals that occasionally have to be met. Definitely cannot wait to do that again anytime soon. :)

Going for Zoo Tycoon 2, like another person said, there was a good modding community and you could have a whole bunch of new animals and themes. I really enjoyed theme park world too for the ps1, it never worked on my pc for some reason, through multiple pcs and so the ps1 and ps2 versions were the ones I played and enjoyed the most.

Back