what is your daily routine on your island ??

I have the maximum 8 player characters since my island is based around world history and the cultures that have existed, do exist, and hypothetically will in the future (so I could justify having a robot villager lol), so I wanted to include as many different representatives as possible.

So, typically at bare minimum (though sometimes I make exceptions if I just can't be bothered to do it), I'll load them all up individually each day I play so they can all get the daily points from the kiosk. This might be the limit of what most of them will do in a given day, it depends on the day. I'll also talk a little bit with the animal residents, partly because I do like them and partly so they don't waste time with the "Where have you been? Have you been ignoring me?" dialogue.

I check out what's in stock at the Nook's Cranny and the Able Sisters' shop and, if there's furniture/wallpaper/flooring that I think would fit a particular character, or clothing that I want for that character's wardrobe, then they'll get to go shopping for said items as well. If there's nothing notable, I don't bother with this.

Either my main character or one other particular character will go around my dedicated farming section, collect the fully-grown produce, and water everything.

One of my characters is supposed to be a professor, so since my main character already has all of the ranks, I let this professor character collect all of the daily fossils and get them analyzed so she can get the achievement ranks and associated titles as well.

I'll check out Kapp'n's mystery island each day with at least my main character, the Resident Representative, though I might also do it with a couple other characters if it's a particularly good island, or if I want more gyroid pieces, if I have the time to do so.

Frequently, but not always, I'll head to Harv's island so I get at least my main character's fortune told since I want the items she sends you if you have a bad luck day. Whether I bother with this with other characters depends on the day, how much time I have to play, etc. If it's a new week, I'll see what Redd, Kicks, and Saharah have in stock.

From there, it depends what's going on that day. If there's a special visitor like Gulliver and Gullivarr, sometimes Redd (depending on his stock), and sometimes Wisp (I don't bother with it as much as in the early days of the game), I'll engage with them. Always do Gulliver and Gullivarr's missions with everyone each time for the items and eventual Golden Shovel DIY.

I don't really bother with K.K.'s shows most weeks, but sometimes I'll indulge. Usually only with one character, but maybe more if I feel like it.

If there's nothing else going on (if it's a special visitor that's not Gulliver or Gullivar) and nothing much to do on the island, I'll head to Happy Home Paradise and do some designing there. I only do this with a few of the characters in particular though.

Since I have 8 characters, I like to give them each their own days to get the focus as opposed to the rest. Just depends which one I feel drawn to on a particular day.

I don't play every real life day, though. I often take breaks and concentrate on other things in life, and other games. I'm currently in such a break period, haven't played in a few months. Will revisit it sooner or later though.

I would say I don't have a set daily routine of things I do every single time I log on. But here's a rough list of some things I try to remember to do.

- Check mailbox. Take out any presents from villagers and items I bought.
- Check Able Sisters and Nook's Cranny.
- Try to complete the 5 nook miles+ tasks at the top. Doesn't always happen. xD
- Go see Brewster for coffee.
- Visit Harvey's Island and check in with all the NPC's.
- Look for DIY in a bottle. If it's one I already have, sell it on Nookazon. Also see if a villager is crafting/cooking.
- Talk to all villagers. Sometimes I gift, sometimes I forget.
- Check the recycle box in RS to see if there's anything I want in there.
- Continue working on and decorating my island.

Sometimes I will stop by HHP and design one or two houses. That doesn't happen everyday though so I don't get too burnt out.

I don't have one now. Early Year 1 was a slow paced gameplay with set routines, like checking shops, catching critters, breaking rocks, making friends, etc. I always ended my play session after I finished those regular tasks. After I gained a large catalog of items I prioritised my time designing and terraforming, with less (or no) focus on dailies. Now that my island is completely decorated (and I have no intention of doing layout changes yet) and I've achieved what I wanted on my file, my "routine" is pretty much going on to run around and admire my work, take photos, talk to villagers, etc. There's times I wont spend more than 10 minutes playing and other times I'll go on because I have a sudden urge to chill out and fish. I don't mind that there's nothing to do on my island now. I'll have sudden bursts of inspiration and then spend a month rebuilding. So I would say my routine on this game whenever I return is mostly design-based.

Right now I only check if there is any new DIY/Cooking recopies I haven't learned but considering how dumb the RNG is in this game it makes it harder and annoying.

I don't have a routine because I don't want the game to be too much like my real life. In real life I have some routines, all pretty mundane.

-Check mail
-Greet Villagers
-Go around and shake all the trees
-While shaking trees also looking for fossils
-Go to sell to Nooks but first go to museum to analyse fossils and get coffee from Brewster (Love that pigeon bartender, very elegant)
-Sell everything to nooks and look around shop
-Pick and sell my crops to nooks
-Tend all crops (I am a farmer, I have many crops and 3 crop fields, crops give 100K everyday, Irrigation is the future)
-Go to Kap's island

And then maybe go around and pick up all the shells and sell those too.
Btw, just wanna say Crops are the way, 3 crop fields, 2 small, One LARGE, grow cycle day apart from each other so crops all the time baby, it's annoying to water the big crop field but worth it.

• Turn on game
  • Check Ables/Nooks Cranny
  • Be guilt-tripped by Goose and Katt for not checking in more regularly
  • Stress over flowers growing in the wrong places
  • Realise I don't have a shovel to do anything with those flowers
  • Panic instead of actually finding a shovel
  • Turn off game
That is more or less it these days. 😂

I usually start by changing my outfit if the weather calls for it (ie rain or snow) and then I like the water my flowers. Since I’m by them anyway I’ll usually pick up any that have grown overnight and either move them to the flower beach or put them on my island somewhere. Then I look for fossils and the glowing point, and the beach DIY. While I do that I pick up sticks and weeds. After I have my fossils checked I grab coffee upstairs then head to the shop to sell my stuff, then go to the able sisters since it’s next door. After I do all that then I will try to find who is cooking/crafting in their home, and I’ll check my mail and place whatever furniture I ordered. After that I usually go on a Kapp’n tour and then when I get back I’ll sell stuff again then go to Harvey’s if I need to. Sometimes I go to work just for the DIY and sometimes I’ll actually make some vacation homes. Once all that is done I usually try to do some decorating and collecting of Nook miles.

I have absolutely no routine in the game anymore. It’s so nice to just casually decorate or do things without feeling like it’s a chore. The only thing I always do when playing is continuously check in with my villagers. If I play i make sure i talk with them to let them know I haven’t forgotten them! I usually don’t do any selling or anything since I have max bells. If i’m in the mood for it, i take a boat tour to see if I can get vines, glowing moss, or star frags. Outside of that, I usually just decorate and go with the flow.

All 3 characters:
- I check the beaches for a new DIY (also helping my friend with his DIY wishlist).
- Check which villager is handing out DIYs in their home.
- Visit HHD Island to get the food and beach DIYs.
- Earn Nook Miles (I usually just stick with the easy x2 and x5 bounties).

Main character:
- Continue building my town.

My routine-y stuff is typically the following:

1. Check Mail
2. Check Turnip prices/Hot Fortune items for the day at the Nook shop
3. Comb the beach for bottle/gyroid fragment
4. Search for the glowy spot for my money tree/tear down the money tree and replace it with the new sapling
5. Go to Kapp'N island
6. Have a coffee with Brewster

Sometimes I'll check my Nook Plus goals first and adjust my activities around those. Usually around the point I see "Plant Fruit Tree" or "Chop Wood" is when I go see Kapp'N because I can plant a coconut on that island so I don't have to do it on mine :p

And since getting Switch Online, I'm ending each day by visiting a dream address.

i used to have a wayy more involved routine, but now this is all i consistently do every day:
- check the nook store (don't even bother going into able sisters anymore)
- dig up stray flowers if it rained the day before
- water my black rose garden
- look for villagers who want to move

Right now, my daily routine is as follows:
  • Check my mail
  • Dig up the gyroid from the gyroid fragment I buried the previous day, plus any additional gyroids if it snowed the previous day
  • Talk to all my villagers, gift any villagers whose photos I still need
  • Keep checking in on my villagers to try and get my 3 daily villager DIYs
  • Check the Able Sisters for any new clothing
  • Deal with the visiting NPC for that day
  • Go to Harv's Island and get my fortune read by Katrina (and also check what the RV shops have every Monday)
  • Get the bottled DIY from the beach
  • Check the recycling bin
  • Get my daily Nook Miles from the Nook Stop and check for any fencing DIYs I don't have
  • Get my NookLink points
  • Do the group stretching
  • Go to the Roost and order coffee
  • Go to my daily Kapp'n island
  • Bury the gyroid fragment I get from the Kapp'n island
  • Go to the HHP archipelago and get the bottle DIY, vines, glowing moss and chef's DIY
  • Create or cook any new DIYs I receive if possible and fully customize them if needed
It was definitely a fair amount longer when v2.0 and HHP first came out, but I've been slowly working it down.
That was 5 and a half months ago. Now, it's been cut down to:
  • Check my mail
  • Talk to all my villagers, gift any villagers whose photos I still need
  • Check the Able Sisters for any new clothing
  • Deal with the visiting NPC for that day
  • Check the recycling bin
  • Get my daily Nook Miles from the Nook Stop and check for any fencing DIYs I don't have
  • Get my NookLink points
  • Go to Harv's Island and get my fortune read by Katrina (and also check what the RV shops have every Monday)

I never had a daily routine. However, I make sure to greet my villagers everyday. It’s sad when villagers think you forgot about them, so I always talk to all of them!

Turn switch and controller on!

-open mail box
-read mail and collect gifts or orders
-sort what hoes into storage
-register the K.K album I bought the day before
-run to Timmy and Tommy's
-talk to villagers I want to keep in my town if they're along the way
-buy the items I want
-able sister, shop for what I want
-run over to the terminal and check out nook shopping
-order any rare items and the next K.K album
-stroll beaches to fine daily DIY
-chat to villagers
-start customizing
-organize my storage
-use DodoCodes to see how others customize their island
-send out DodoCode to let other take my veggies, fruit, shells, etc..
-what should I do? THAT is the question.
-live life to its fullest.

my dailies🤍

- check my mail
- search for my fossils and get them assessed (give blathers the fossils the museum doesn’t have)
- sell my assessed fossils if they’re already in my museum
- look at what nooks cranny is selling
- talk to sable
- check able sisters for clothing
- get daily nook miles from the nook stop
- order the daily kk song from nook shopping and check the daily items
- check the recycle bin
- pick up weeds & sell them
- pick up tree branches and sell them
- see if there’s any bugs and fish I haven’t already caught
- see if Redd is on my island & buy the real art if he has any
- talk to my villagers
- see if there’s any lost items and try and find it’s owner

- Open Mail
- Run to Town Plaza to see what's happening
- If no one is at the plaza, run around the island trying to find the visitor
- Run along the beaches to find my bottle
- Go to Nook's to see what's in store
- Go to Nook's again because I forgot to check turnip prices
- Go to nook's again because I forgot to check the wallpapers
- Go to Work to see what's in store
- Go to Harv's
- Take a ride with Kapp'n
- Grab a coffee with Brewster
- While I'm running around I check every house in my way to see if anyone's crafting and talk to any villager I run into

those are usually the things I do every day but not necessarily in this particular order. Apart from this I usually design some houses on HHP, or go fishing/diving, or decorate the island, or tend the flowers, go to a dream island... but I don't do all of those everyday per se.

• Check mail and look for any gifts from my villagers.
  • Go into Nook's Cranny to have a look at the stock.
  • Check hot items and turnip prices.
  • Check the Nook Stop terminal to see the daily selection and usually buy some items with Nook Miles.
  • Hit the rocks, and dig up fossils/gyroids.
  • Hit trees with an axe to get wood, and shake them for tree branches.
  • Take whatever is in the recycling box.
  • Always give Buck, Al and Roscoe a gift daily, and usually most of the others.
  • Chat to all villagers.
  • Check for message bottles.
  • Visit Lottie and order from Wardell (I love Wardell!)
  • Continue to decorate island, and make DIY items.
  • Every few days take a Nook Miles Tour/Kapp'n Tour.
  • Fish and catch bugs.
  • Visiting Harv's Island everyday this month to take Reese and Cyrus' wedding photos.
  • Trading heart crystals for Wedding items

just to keep things simple ,, in this thread ill be referring to my daily tasks as "dailies" so please take note of that if u arent sure what that terminology means !!

so this is a loose list of my dailies...
- check my mail
- search for my fossils and get them assessed
- water/harvest my produce depending on their growth stage
- sell my assessed fossils and any other things i picked up on the way to the store
- check turnip prices (even if i dont have turnips ,, i still like to follow the trends)
- look at what nooks cranny is selling
- talk to sable
- check able sisters for clothing
- get daily nook miles from the nook stop
- deposit bells into abd if i have over 10k (great saving strategy btw ,, highly recommend)
- order the daily kk song from nook shopping and check the daily items
- check the recycle bin
- ask isabelle for the island evaluation (still trying to hit 3 stars)

those are just the things i do when i first log in. from there i talk to villagers ,, pop balloons ,, do my nook miles+ goals ,, check the hhp store ... whatever i feel most like doing. i learned something in my last 2 acnh obsessions -- never put too much into your daily routine otherwise everything will feel like a chore <3

feel free to share yours !! and i'd also be interested in hearing about your bell saving methods if you have one like i do :D
i recently restarted my island, so this is what ive been doing recently daily to get everything set up for endgame / terraforming:

- check my mail
- water my flowers
- do a group stretching session
- harvest all materials (ex; sticks, wood, rocks, shells, etc) & look for beach diy n tree item
- store any materials i dont need atm but need in the future & sell any i won't ever need
- check what's for sale at books cranny
- talk to each of my villagers
- check recycling bin & what's for sale in the nook shop
- talk to Tom nook about what i can do today to advance my progress & do it (ex; donating materials, finding places for things, etc)

after im done with what i can do for the day to progress my island i like to fish, do nook + challenges, decorate my house with what i have so far, & other fun things based on just what i feel like doing [:
obviously the order & things could change based on what i feel like doing atm, but generally that's how my acnh days go!

Back