• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do I avoid this from happening?

Fruitcup

Bells
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
So if I talk to my villagers too much they kind of shut down? How do I avoid this from happening? I’m trying for them to ask me for requests so I can complete the nook miles achievement.

IMG_2993.jpeg
IMG_2994.jpeg
IMG_2995.jpeg

I believe they can only ask you for quest randomly, like when they run up to you. I don’t think the option is available by just talking to them. I think there is also a variable where they feel worn out basically after you talk to them too much. It just unfortunately one of those things where you just have to wait for them to run up on you.

If you talk to specific villagers way too often at once, they'll eventually grow tired/annoyed of you and not want to talk again for a bit, hence why they appear this way. Most of the time, they'll request things for you to do if you talk to them three times in a row, though this doesn't happen all the time. There's also the random factor of them approaching you if they see you walk by. You can't force villagers to ask you for things to do.

If you've unlocked Katrina's trailer on Harv's Island, you might be able to randomly get good friendship luck for the day if you ask for your fortune. In this case, villagers will be more willing to talk to you and give you some higher-end items. Again, getting this luck is random, and lasts until 5AM the next day.

Back