• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is something you wish you could do in Animal Crossing?

ztc0611

Purrl Fanatic
Bells
Switch
0785-9409-1398
Title. This could be anything at all.

An example of a small thing would be setting sound effects for custom paths.

An example of a big thing would be some entirely new tool or mechanic or shop/“quest.”

Very interested to hear your thoughts!

I would loved to have seen some more multiplayer aspects in New Horizons. 😊

I haven't played New Leaf, but I know that there were mini-games or similar that you could play with other people, and I think that would have really improved the multiplayer feasibility of New Horizons. I know there is a timer you can buy from Nook's, but I think being able to set up more "official" mini-games/island games (like bug-catching or hide-n-seek) by talking to Isabelle, or travelling with Kapp'n, would be more fun. 😊

New Horizons is the only game I can really provide thoughts about, but I really love the café and clothing shop on Happy Home Paradise. Originally I thought I would like having the option to have an additional permanent shop or two on my home island, but now that they're on HHP, I'm pretty satisfied with that, and it leaves my island more open.

Having a better control over the villagers moving in or moving out. Like, I think many people experience the desire to kick a villager out or desire to make someone move in. It looks like the game is pretty much avoidant when it comes to this. There are methods to kick out someone, but they require time travel or often much much much time. Also, sometimes it's the villagers who ask to move, which implies that updating the villagers list is part of the game mechanic. However, it's pretty much limited. Also you can't kick out the last villager who moved in, which is weird and it's making me waste sooo much time. So yeah, I wish there was a clear way to handle villagers.

The Sims 4 MoveObject Cheat, completely removed the "grid" you're usually stuck decorating with

I think it would be cool if we had more events like pocket camp? Not exact but similar and we can earn new items every few months. Give us something to do Nintendo!!!
I also miss the feature where you could play minigames on the game systems :C

4A797AE0-F4F9-4491-8B5C-E992A4541698.jpeg

i literally dug up an old ass meme just for this post lmao, but it’s accurate. 💀 i wanna be able to hug my villagers so bad, especially after they say/do something sweet or while they’re moping or storming around after getting into a fight with another villager. i’d love if there was an option to give each of your villagers a daily hug when you talk to them, just like there’s an option for you to gift them something every day. i’m not sure how the animation would work, but i’d imagine this feature would also only unlock after you reached a certain point in your friendship as well, since i don’t think villagers want someone they barely know hugging them. 🤣 i know it’s silly, but i would literally never complain or ask nintendo for anything ever again if they just let me hug my villagers.

i also wish we were able to celebrate npc birthdays in-game. it’s not fair that our birthdays and villager birthdays get so much attention, but the npc birthdays don’t. i’d love to be able to gift them presents and wish them a happy birthday on their special day, but i’d settle for at least being able to acknowledge them, like maybe a special “happy birthday!” dialogue option when you talk to them on their big day? i don’t know, i just wanna be able to do something for them lol.

Last edited:
Hmm.... I had so many things I wanted after NL but then NH pretty much gave me everything: Cooking, Paths, more flexible PWP's (now furniture outside), vegetables, more villager interactions (when your not around). I still want more fruit. Its criminal that NH doesnt have perfect fruit when literally pocket camp has it so its not only in ACNL. I AGREE WITH OTHERS I NEED TO HUG MY VILLAGERS!!! Since I started with NL I have enjoyed most of the possibilities but I do want to say that back in CF/LGTTC times I can see why there was controversy on swimming in AC. Many people thought it was horrible but I love it to pieces in NL and its my favorite thing to do in the game. I truly think that AC as a whole has many things to do and not many things that I really want added. Many things from past games I want in NH dont apply here because this is about AC as a whole.

I think it would be cool to have more once a week optional things to participate in with villagers that has a time frame to trigger it and it just lasts a couple of min. Example, movie night at the Cinema between 7 pm to 10pm on fridays but the event shown is just like 2min long. Or it could just have Friday as the time without the time frame. Especially if there is going to be a city main street thing in the next game. The time frame would be nice for a picnic under the stars with villagers on meteor shower nights... I think these kinds of things would assist with villagers feeling more alive.

Also, PWP as whimsical touristy attractions rather than for regular decor. Example, world's largest ball of yarn, a metal wind catcher ect but have a limit of how many you can set out. Like 5 pwps only. Also still keep the ability of decorating with regular items outside like in NH.

Mining. We need a cave that has a couple of NPCs in them and be able to mine for ore and crystals for crafting and trading. Fossils could be contained in the cave instead of spontaneously spawning everywhere else.

The ability to move a building/bridge/stairs to a place where it’s close to or a part of it is at. There were many times where I wanted to move a building/etc just a few steps to the right or something. But, I had to move it far away, wait, then when it’s moved I moved it where I wanted it to be.

I could time travel, but I can’t be bothered. So I just waited multiple days for multiple buildings (most of my villgers’ houses were like this, and currently my museum which I want to be moved just one step to the left..)

The ability to move a building/bridge/stairs to a place where it’s close to or a part of it is at. There were many times where I wanted to move a building/etc just a few steps to the right or something. But, I had to move it far away, wait, then when it’s moved I moved it where I wanted it to be.

I could time travel, but I can’t be bothered. So I just waited multiple days for multiple buildings (most of my villgers’ houses were like this, and currently my museum which I want to be moved just one step to the left..)
That would be so useful. It sucks even more that you have to pay for it twice in this situation just to move it a few inches. So dumb.

I said this somewhere else, but we need a beach volleyball mini-game. Flora always asks to play beach volleyball with me, but we never get to do it. Recently Biff asked me if we wanted to run laps around the island, and I wish I could do that, too. I know we have the treasure hunt, but I’d like to play more games with the villagers.

Back