• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is one thing that you love about about New Horizons and one thing you hate?

Frequency

Overnight Wanderer
Bells
Switch
0491-0353-2730
I really, really love being able to customize your island, but something more specific would be being able to change my clothes in a closet (or fridge...or anything that opens) directly from whatever you have in storage.

Something I hate is not being able to use the materials you have in storage when crafting... always need to have it in your inventory. Not sure why they couldn't use the same concept they did with changing clothes.

I love Fuchsia (new nose job) and I absolutely hate Raymond (not him personally) but what he doing to the AC community. All the bickering, micro-transaction, and greed.

I love the customization.
I hate the minecrafty feel I sometimes get from the terraforming, but thats partially my own fault.

I love how amiibo festival cards work in this game, letting me get my favorite kitty into town.

I hate the current online economy, due to its ridiculous bloating of values and potential cheating.

I absolutely love the fact that you can put furniture outside now!

I hate.....that....I guess I'm not a huge fan of the fact that your starting villagers are determined by their personality. I would've preferred truly random.

I love everything.
What I hate tho: the long ass cutscene that plays back to back when going to other islands and back
THEN THE MULTI DIALOGUES YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH ORVILLE AAAA I LOVE U BUT THIS I DONT

tl;dr love everything, hate the online play atm

I love being able to determine where villagers live considering how much you can customize the island. I hate the absence of gyroids :(

i love how gorgeous the graphics are - the overall ambience is gorgeous and it's like i'm at a real island, museum, etc. i love being able to see the shadows of the furniture i place near the window, i love that the villagers have lil textures and they can do little actions around the island like run or sing!

i hate that there are no minigames & i'm still sad that multiplayer was made so boring when we had such fun new leaf island tours

Im so happy we can put furniture outside now. Also just the graphics in general are so nice. Everything about the game is amazing.

The two things I've found most annoying so far is that we can't purchase multiple things while in the changing room at Ables.
And I wish when we crafted furniture with custom designs, they stay that design, even if we overwrite it. There's so many furniture items I want that specific design on, but nothing else, it's a shame I have to use a whole space for one piece of furniture.

I love the Nook Miles system. I think it adds a fun element to give you rewards for doing things you normally would.

I hate that so many characters/features are missing (Redd, Dream Suite, etc) I was really looking forward to seeing them in this game!

I love the music! I really appreciate how jazzy it is sometimes!

I hate how some features in the game don't feel streamlined? Like having to buy one shirt at a time at Able's, the long dialogue when you go to another island (and you have to start it all over when you accidentally pick the wrong one) etc etc. It's like the game is trying to force you to slow down but it ends up being annoying

Really love the new graphical style, everything looks so pretty now and detailed while staying simple and charming.

I really hate the lack of my favourite furniture sets from older games though :(

Hmm I love the clothes changing system and the function of the wands!
I dislike the inability to buy multiple of the same type at once from Ables. I usually buy every colour of an item if I like it so buying 10 colours of one shirt gets rough aha.

love: being able to place furniture outside

hate: lack of content and npcs currently

Love being able to move villager houses. Hate all of the bugs that make the game feel unfinished.

Love: Being able to actually design your island in an easier way with the tree and villager house moving aswell as terraforming.
Hate: The removal of so many staple npcs (phineas, tortimer, katie, rover, shrunk etc.)

I love the crafting system so much and that NH has a lot more of a "plotline" than NL (or at least it's more engaging, enough to keep me hooked). However I hate that I can't buy in bulk from the Able Sister's, because if I want multiple colors of something it's a huge hassle to get them all.

I love the fact that villagers won't move out unless they have your approval.
On the other hand, I hate the fact that they basically got rid of Resetti, and though he still has a job, they won't even show his face. I love him so much and I miss him a lot.

I could go deeper into a lot of things, but those are the pretty surface level things because I'm too lazy for anything else

Back