What greetings and catchphrases have you given your villagers?

keepitshay

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
This might have already been made, but I looked back 10 pages or so to check and didn't see one!

So yeah! What greetings and catchphrases have you given your villagers?

I like to make my cats say weird things like turd, lint licker (obrit commercial joke), taco flavor, and other random things.

When I'm bored, I test the limitations of Nintendo's censorship... ravioli is a banned word for some reason.

I give everyone the same greeting and catchphrase. Their greeting is "you smell nice" and their catchphrase is "master". I used to use "in bed" as their catchphrase but "master" sounds better.

Hmm... Let's see... For Tucker, I made his catchphrase "ivory", to reference his tusks. For Merengue, I made her phrase "sundae" because it was the only other dessert item I could think of at the time. For Rooney, his is "sky high" since he is sky blue in color and it was a nice rhyme. For Sprinkle, I made her phrase "snowball" because she is a Penguin. For Ren?e, I chose "gummy" because I felt like it. For Graham, I chose "cookies" because it sounded cute I guess. Then my other Villagers still use their default catchphrases.

As for greetings... Um... I honestly forget which ones I used.

Alli's greeting is Gatorade. Octavian's greeting is Tentacool.
Rolf greets with Son ofa shepherd and his catchphrase is Ed-boy (a-la Ed, Edd and Eddy)
The rest are mostly default.

i usually try to give them relevant greetings and catchphrases. mira's 'y'know' and curlos' 'mi amiga' are probably my favourites.

My favorite greeting is probably Fangs'. His is, "Hey, Girlfriend!"
My favorite catchphrase is Vic's. Today he was mad for some reason and his catchphase is "tee hee". I could not take him seriously omg.

I usually try to make my villager's catch phrases and greetings match their personality.

Greetings:

Lolly- Salutations
Pierce- Pound it (I love the idea of the jocks enthusiastically running up to you and trying to have you greet them with a fist bump lol)
Hippeux- Greetings
Moe- Oh hi there
Colton- (I havent set his yet, so he still has the greeting from his previous town, which Ive forgotten)
Wolfgang- Ugh
Diana- Charmed, Im sure
Rizzo- (Just moved in and hasnt asked for one yet)
Deirdre- (Hasnt asked for one)
Zucker- (Hasnt asked)

Catchphrases:

Lolly- Cool beans
Pierce- Cool beans
Hippeux- Tally-ho
Moe- Cool beans
Colton- Bunbun
Diana- Definitely
Rizzo- whatever his stock catchphrase is
Deirdre- Whatevs
Wolfgang- Snarl
Zucker- Tally-ho (taken from Hippeux)

Cool beans started as Moe's catchphrase and kind of spread to the rest of the villagers. I find that I'm alright with that though lol.

greeting is S-s-senpai.
catchphrase is senpai.
nickname is senpai or heichou.

they all have the same greeting/catchphrase so if you receive a villager that has senpai as their greeting/catchphrase, know that they went through my town :p

Last edited:
I usually have trouble coming up with greetings/catchphrases for my villagers. These are what I came up with.

Greetings:
Genji: Hiiyah (fits his Jock personality)
Curlos: Hola
Aurora: Chillin'
Becky: Bawk (couldn't resist since she's a chicken)
Hazel: Sham-wow
Gwen: Greetings
Static: Thunderbolt (he reminded me of Pachirisu)
Winnie: Ahoy

Catchphrases:
Genji: Waifu
Curlos: Mi amor (he flirts with me so yeah...)
Aurora: B-b-baby (it's her default phrase but it fits her so well)
Becky: B-b-baby (apparently she copied from Aurora)
Hazel: Squee
Gwen: Darling
Static: Smashing
Winnie: Sis

Erik and Flora haven't asked me to change theirs yet.

These are some of my notable ones:

Francine - yolo (unfortunately, she passed this off to Filbert)
Sally - I'm a squirrel! I'm a hamster! (you can't be both)
Renee - I'mma smack you! Buttcheeks!
Kody - seduction
Static - Wr-e-eck me~
Marshal - chimp mama (because he can't say pimp daddy)

I like to give them mostly food related greetings and catch phrases. I have Rodeo saying, "Chips Ahoy!!" as a greeting and "brownies" as a catch phrase, for example.

Then there are others.. like Avery where I have him saying, "WHAMU" because he reminds me of one of the pillar men from Jojo.

Last edited:
I usually use silly things like "beep beep" and "noot noot" for both catchphrases and greetings.

I gave Flurry "boop" as a greeting and it is completely adorable. xD It mixes great with her hamster theme when speaking to her.

Also made Pekoe say "ni hao" as a greeting. And Apollo say "FREEDOM".

I think the one I most enjoyed was making Zucker say "c'thulhu fhtagn" in my old town. He spread it to almost everyone, and then it seemed like everyone was worshipping C'thulhu.

Last edited:
I had Sly saying 'Snap to it' and 'Snapped'
At one point I had half my town saying 'Bazinga' (it started with Bill and spread to the rest of them)
I did have Curlos saying 'Moo' at one point, and Monique saying 'Woof'

Right now, Winnie says "And They're Off!" and "Victory!"
and Cookie says "Bite Me" and "It's Tasty"
Mint says "It's so Fluffy!" and 'With Nuts'
Peanut says 'Crunchy'
Pashmina and Kidd were saying 'TripTrap'
Chief and Skye say 'HuffPuff' and 'DinnerTime'
When Ribbot asks me for a new catchphrase/greeting, it'll be 'Rivet' or something like that.

I made Lucky's "What up dawg" and Julian's catchphrase "neighhhhbor"

Can't remember the rest

- - - Post Merge - - -

I gave Flurry "boop" as a greeting and it is completely adorable. xD It mixes great with her hamster theme when speaking to her.

Also made Pekoe say "ni hao" as a greeting. And Apollo say "FREEDOM".

I think the one I most enjoyed was making Zucker say "c'thulhu fhtagn" in my old town. He spread it to almost everyone, and then it seemed like everyone was worshipping C'thulhu.

omfg freedom
I'm crying

I keep Julian rotating between "glitter", "shimmer", and "sparkle". And I made his greeting "Darling!" for maximum fabulousness.

omfg freedom
I'm crying

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio1_400.jpg

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio2_400.jpg

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio5_400.jpg

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio8_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio6_400.jpg

tumblr_n1l98jzXd21tqrqiio7_400.jpg

Stitches: "HELLO EVERYBEARDY!"
Snake: "Eye C U"
Ankha: "Get your game on"/"DUEL!"

All my catchphrases/greetings are normally dumb references and/or puns.

I also gave Timbra an insulting catchphrase/greeting due to my hatred of her, but I completely forget what it was.

Last edited:
I usually make them say 'hnng' or 'ew its you'

Back