• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your custom greetings?

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
For a while now I couldn't be bothered with my villagers asking for custom greetings. I always just typed in "yo". And I thought that was good enough.

However, I realized I could really make the experience unique. Raymond asked me three times so I gave in and changed it. Picture below.

But, my question for you is, what are your favorite individual greetings you came up with? They don't have to be childish like mine. I sincerely want to know what you came up with!

2024013101351700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I don't have, nor do I think I can give, examples, but I usually make them say something vulgar. ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ’ฉ Or whatever meme is currently amusing to me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Like right now, my laptop has a custom sound for when the battery is running low. I gave it the "lord have mercy I'm 'bout to bust!" sound you may or may not have heard on the internet. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚ Hey now, it's some celebrity sharing news about an upcoming production and he's just so excited to share the news with his fans, but holds back because he got in trouble for doing that in the past, hence his excitement. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™m normally confused what to have them say, so naturally I hate when villagers bring this up. They make you suggest something, and my mind goes completely blank. I normally just have them say something along the lines of โ€œGo Kings Go!โ€ or โ€œLetโ€™s Go Kings!โ€ This is in reference to my favorite hockey team, the Los Angeles Kings! My island actually has a hockey rink in it that a built to showcase my love for the sport.

I used to have a different one for each of my villagers, to match something in their personality or something... until they started spreading them around and sharing them and it got to the point where I had Ankha saying "mummy" because she's... Egyptian,.. to like... Raymond saying mummy.. which.. Raymond why u sayin that?

I would love to keep each of my villagers with their own saying, but because they always share it a spread it to other villagers, I don't even bother to change it, I just stick to whichever saying they came with.

I used to have a different one for each of my villagers, to match something in their personality or something... until they started spreading them around and sharing them and it got to the point where I had Ankha saying "mummy" because she's... Egyptian,.. to like... Raymond saying mummy.. which.. Raymond why u sayin that?

I would love to keep each of my villagers with their own saying, but because they always share it a spread it to other villagers, I don't even bother to change it, I just stick to whichever saying they came with.
I think they mean the secret greetings villagers ask you about having

Like saying *Hey how about we have our own secret greeting* which only you can see and no one else can.

so not the short ones they share with each other, the big ones they sometimes say when you talk to them

I find it funny that so many of you come up with greetings that you can't share because it isn't family friendly. Honestly, I would probably do the same thing, but my young nephew and niece want to see my island when we visit, so... in the same boat. I already get in trouble for getting them riled up and hyper before bed time, and then send them home with their parents ๐Ÿ˜€

I have Bones saying "Oi guv!"

A few of my villagers say "Station!" (It's a reference to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. It's like a cool greeting that never took off.)

And of course, my personal favourite:

clowntoclown.jpg

I share the island. I'm like, peppy, and the other person....isn't. So I always give them annoyingly cheerful things to say. "Sunshine!" Is my favorite, lol.

Back