• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What games are you hoping will be released this year?

Wow, uncultivated barbarian. :p

I didn't play too much DD but I sure liked the double gimmick. Wii was fun but yeah not my fave. 64 all the way!
I never played 64! I only played 8,7,Wii,DD,Those weird arcade ones, and DS! 8 was def my fave but DD was second! The double things was THE BEST. LET US CHOOSE in VS mode in mk9 please!

I never played 64! I only played 8,7,Wii,DD,Those weird arcade ones, and DS! 8 was def my fave but DD was second! The double things was THE BEST. LET US CHOOSE in VS mode in mk9 please!
Yeah it'd be great if they added in double in 9 or whatever next name will be. I think you can get MK64 on Switch if you have NSO.

Yeah it'd be great if they added in double in 9 or whatever next name will be. I think you can get MK64 on Switch if you have NSO.
I might buy it on my Wii U sometime since I think it is on VC! NSO expansion is overpriced and I could never convince my parents after how I had to when I told them to play Splatoon I needed 20 a year for something that used to be free and has worse quality then a broken toaster. I'll have to try it sometime!

I might buy it on my Wii U sometime since I think it is on VC! NSO expansion is overpriced and I could never convince my parents after how I had to when I told them to play Splatoon I needed 20 a year for something that used to be free and has worse quality then a broken toaster. I'll have to try it sometime!
Oh yeah might be there too, never had a Wii U so there is that. Yeah I agree it was pretty dumb of Ninty to jump on that bandwagon when it's basically same servers as 3DS/Wii U, lol!

Oh yeah might be there too, never had a Wii U so there is that. Yeah I agree it was pretty dumb of Ninty to jump on that bandwagon when it's basically same servers as 3DS/Wii U, lol!
Splat 1 has a HIGHER tik rate then Splat 2, that says something for 2015 - 2017 OwO

Maybe not released, but would love trailers/announcements for
  • Metroid Prime 4.
  • Elder Scrolls VI

I think Breath of the Wild 2 is coming this year, but who knows. I hope so.

likely: SPLATOON 3!!! im so excited for it. i think it's gonna be really good. i wonder if it will overtake splatoon 2 as my favorite game.

maybe: tomodachi life sequel or port or just another goofy mii game. i think the fancy mii maker from miitopia would be really good for tomodachi life, but i can see it causing trouble with baby miis.

i'd also really like a new mario kart with even more characters from other games!

unlikely: chao (sonic) pet simulator, kinda like the chao garden but more fleshed out and the entire game. i feel like sega might do this one day but probably not next year and i feel like they'd probably mess it up in some major way

There are quite a few games I'm looking forward to that have been confirmed as releasing in the next few months, although it's not really 'hoping for' if they have a set release date, I guess. 🤔

The main one I'm wondering about is Bioshock 4 (or whatever it'll actually be called), which has been in development for several years now. They were supposedly targeting 2022 but who knows?

I'm desperately hoping for even a hint of a new Rhythm Heaven game. Other than that, I'm looking forward to Splatoon 3!

Also Blue Protocol, though my hopes are slowly dying. My hopes went to this after Peria Chronicles died.

I only really follow a small number of series with regularity, and a number of them either just had a release recently, are having a release soon, or both.

The one thing that comes to mind that is as of yet unannounced would be a new Fire Emblem game, whether it would be an entirely new installment or a remake.

Of what has been announced already, I'm looking forward to Triangle Strategy and Pokémon Legends Arceus.

Maybe not released, but would love trailers/announcements for
  • Metroid Prime 4.
  • Elder Scrolls VI

I think Breath of the Wild 2 is coming this year, but who knows. I hope so.
Those are some nice hopes! I know it's not going to come out this year or any time soon, but I would love to hear about news of Fallout 5. Just even an announcement that it's in the works.

paralives, idk when it’s likely to come out but it’d be cool if it was this year

Metroid Prime 4: I’m hoping this year we get a trailer or some kind of update, but we’ll see: Part of the reason it’s taken so long is that it was announced VERY EARLY in development and then said development… didn’t go well. Badly enough that NINTENDO of all studios made an announcement saying ‘development has gone so poorly we’re bringing Retro onboard with this probect and functionally restarting’ back in 2019. And then 2020 happened. And then 2021 happened. I wouldn’t be shocked if the last two years kicked hard enough that things still aren’t where they’d like to be to show Prime 4 off. Still, maybe we can hope for an E3 ‘we can realistically target 2023’ or something.

BOTW2: I am at least willing to believe Retro had some infrastructure in place for remote work prior to COVID-19. We know the main Nintendo offices didn’t, because they’ve admitted as much (and Japan generally had way less experience with work from home than North America). You also KNOW it kills them they couldn’t get the BOTW sequel ready for release for the 35th anniversary. I’m betting holiday release for this one, since the traditional Pokemon fall slot is wide open this year anyway, or the pandemic’s still kicking their butts and it’ll be released in early 2023, about when BOTW came out. We’re probably getting the title this year. We’d BETTER get the title this year.

I’m fully willing to believe Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Splatoon 3 are already in shape for the front half of this year - Kirby in spring and Splatoon in mid-summer sounds right to me.

I would desperately like a new Style Savvy. I check the Japanese Directs just in case one was announced there but not included in the North American Direct. Please. Pretty please. With fashion on top. (In even LONGER shots, Golden Sun. Either a port of the first games or finally resolving that cliffhanger from Dark Dawn. *bitter, broken laughter.*) Slightly more likely, the Fire Emblem fandom has been grasping at straws and trying to manifest a new Echoes game into existence for the past two years - likely Jugdral, as the only remaining duology in which NEITHER title’s been released internationally in some form, but I’m sure no one would say no to Binding Blade either (Mystery of the Emblem’s DS port was just recent enough I think it’s a long shot, alas,) and given what Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sell for these days a remaster of THOSE would be a godsend. Can they just release a Fire Emblem Echoes collection? (I know the localization would be tremendous and they don’t run on the same engines but like. Nonetheless.)

We know there’s SOMETHING coming with Kingdom Hearts this year - probably several somethings - for its 20th anniversary. My hope is one of these is a game. (My naive and almost certainly to-be-crushed hope is that one of the existing female characters gets to be important. Kairi would be best because the poor girl deserves it, but I would be more than happy to see the Twilight Town gang or Wayfinders post-III.) Also some kind of release of the chi/Union Cross material for consoles, come on, Nomura, if it’s gonna be important to the series going forward it should be available on the same platform as everything else. It can be a movie of the important bits, I just think it’s important everyone gets on the same page involving doomed kids and the absolute MADNESS of that finale. Also speaking of Square Enix, I was vaguely interested in that Dragon Quest spinoff involving the twins from XI as treasure hunters announced last year, and would be VERY interested in a Builders 3 - though since the director left not that long after 2, it’s probably a long shot.

On a VERY interesting note, Studio Hakama (the team now handling Rune Factory, and were previously responsible for the 3DS Bokujou Monogatari games) hinted at something new this year. Whatever it is, they have my attention.

In the realm of indies, I’ve had my eye on Mineko’s Night Market for some time. It’d be nice to see it reemerge. Also that title of Chucklefish’s that’s the wizarding school sounds cool. I’d like to see more of Hollow Knight Silksong, if only so people stop asking where it is at every indie showcase. And there’s a LOT of cute cozy games I’ve been looking forward to that are either targeting 2022 but still seem fairly early in development (Loddlenauts in particular, but also Coral Island, My Time at Sandrock seems like it’s still reasonably early along, Slime Rancher 2) or are far along but y’know, plague could still happen and cause issues. (Bear and Breakfast, for example.)

In ‘I have no reason to believe this will be a thing except that I would like it,’ Sly Cooper. I will not elaborate on this, I do not need to. (I’m also… of mixed mind about an Ace Attorney 7, because Spirit of Justice was deeply underwhelming, but I’d like to see the plot hooks dropped between 4 and 5 picked up again and give Athena some time to shine.)

Steam Games:
Jack Move listed as 2022
Wholesome Out and About listed as 2022
Elementalis
China Town Detective Agency
Trading Time a Croak Tale
Moonshell Island

Sea of Stars already made their debut in the Indie World Direct for a 2022 release and I do have a great interest in it. It is made by the same developers of The Messenger, and I love The Messenger.

I lowkey have a small interest in Kirby and the Forgotten Land but more than likely I won't get it because I am moving away from Nintendo. I would want to know more about the game before I would get it anyway.

In general I have quite the list of games in my wishlist so whether these actually release this year or not doesn't really matter to me all that much, because there are others I want to explore that I haven't gotten too yet.
On another note, I was glad to see Kindred Fates putting their Steam page up for their full game with story and multiplayer and everything. Their date is 2024.

I'm really hoping Hogwarts Legacy is released this year, it looks amazing

there’s not many video games that i’m interested in besides animal crossing, but i’m really hoping for another tomodachi life game, or even a port, this year! i love tomodachi life so much and had so much fun with it when i was younger, and would absolutely love to see a new instalment in the series! i also wouldn’t be opposed to a new style savvy game, either. :’)

there’s not many video games that i’m interested in besides animal crossing, but i’m really hoping for another tomodachi life game, or even a port, this year! i love tomodachi life so much and had so much fun with it when i was younger, and would absolutely love to see a new instalment in the series! i also wouldn’t be opposed to a new style savvy game, either. :’)
PLEASE 🤚 I NEED A NEW STYLE SAVVY PLEASE. and a new Tomo life would also be INCREDIBLY UWUMAZING. :D

TBH, if you get these games out this year, I will be really happy:

Pokemon Legends Arceus (happening)
The new 3D Kirby (almost for sure)
Breath of the Wild 2 (toss-up, but hopefully on the likely side)

Now for ones that range from pipe dreams to less likely:

New Ace Attorney (it's been sooooo long!)
Okami sequel (it's been talked about, don't know if anything has happened, though)
Golden Sun revival (seems like a pipe dream at this point)
New Mario Kart

Back