• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What games are you hoping will be released this year?

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I'm PRAYING the Metroid Prime trilogy and Metroid Prime 4 will be released this year. I'm also hoping for remakes of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons games to also come out.

I am going to sway away from Nintendo here and say that I’m hoping for a new college football game. The last one was NCAA Football 14, which is still a very good game. I’m just hoping for a new one. There are talks about it because everything is finally straight, and it may not be until next year, but I’m hoping for this year. This is the one thing I’ve been waiting for.

A new Mario Kart game may be good. I can’t say whether or not I’ll get the new one if it does come out, but probably not lmao.

PIKMIN 4 🔴🔵🟡⚪🟣🥌💗 I NEED IN 2007 YOU TALKED ABOUT PIKMIN 3 AND THEN ACTUALLY RELEASED IN 2013 WHY DID YOU DO IT AGAIN IN 2019 FOR 4 :( PLEASE BESTIE I NEED A NEW PIKMIN I HAVE PLAYED PIKMIN 1 2 AND 3 TOO MUCHHHHHHHHH (Atleast I an enjoy 1,2,3 still!) :)

i’d like a new tomodachi life to come out even though it’s probably unlikely. i’d also like to see a new donkey kong game.
THIS!!!! I love Tomodachi Life sooo much. I'm really hoping that Miitopia's switch release generates enough new interest in the Miis to either port Tomoachi Life to the switch (but with updated features like the wigs and makeup) or a new game!!

THIS!!!! I love Tomodachi Life sooo much. I'm really hoping that Miitopia's switch release generates enough new interest in the Miis to either port Tomoachi Life to the switch (but with updated features like the wigs and makeup) or a new game!!
i have so many memories with tomodachi life so that’s why i’d like to see it on the switch. i hate how little involvement mii’s have, on the ds systems we had the mii streetpass plaza games, tomodachi life, miitopia, and those weird mii heads in new leaf. we have nothing like that other than miitopia now.

i have so many memories with tomodachi life so that’s why i’d like to see it on the switch. i hate how little involvement mii’s have, on the ds systems we had the mii streetpass plaza games, tomodachi life, miitopia, and those weird mii heads in new leaf. we have nothing like that other than miitopia now.
I know right!! And other than cameos in a couple non-mii games and the basic mii maker, Miis have had no real representation on the Switch until Miitopia... which, I never actually played on the 3DS, and although I actually really like the Switch version like a lot, it's still a completely different genre/vibe than Tomodachi Life. Tomodachi Life is also the 10th best selling 3DS game so it's not like it was an unpopular franchise. Feels like we're overdue for a new Mii title! Really really hope they've got something in the works and that the Miitopia port is just the beginning!

There's quite a few I could list (some realistic, others more dreaming), but I'd say Breath of the Wild 2 is the main one. I know that Nintendo has stated it'll be released this year, but it could still end up being delayed into 2023 for all we know, so here's hoping it actually does come out before the current year is over.

I just need botw2 in my life but a remake/re-release of older loz games (oracles, 4 swords, minish, etc.) would be nice. Also really wanting a remake/re-release of Pm:ttyd also portal 3 anyone?

According to RGT 85, there's a very real possibility of a remaster of Goldeneye 007 coming to the Switch. That may not mean much to the younger gamers but to us 90's kids that'll be freaking amazing!

Even tho the chances are slim, I'm hoping for a new Rayman game this year. Pls Ubisoft, I'll accept anything 🙏

I'd say the game I'm most looking forward to that should be coming out this year is Breath of the Wild 2. MK9 would be nice as well but I don't think that'll be happening even though I believe it's long overdue.

I'm very much hoping to see Botw2, OW2 and another FE game. They are the only ones I'm currently hoping for.

Of what I know is being developed or scheduled for release:
- Metroid Prime 4
- Splatoon 3
- Kirby and the Forbidden Land
Given Metroid Prime 4 has been getting released for about 3 years now, I don't feel too stupid hoping the three of them are released this year even if they're already promised to do so.

For games that as far as I'm aware aren't announced but are realistic to hope for:
- Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just great games.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X. Love the game and I'm so close to setting up my Wii U just to play it again. A remaster for Switch would be ideal.
- Twilight Princess HD & Wind Waker HD. I'm honestly surprised these weren't released alongside Skyward Sword HD.
- Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. I group these together s they could all realistically be released on the SNES virtual console thing. I haven't played 3 of those and the Switch seems like a good place to do so. Final Fantasy 6 I just want to play again conveniently.

Games I think are unrealistic and won't happen because Nintendo just won't.
- F-Zero. I just want a shiny new F-Zero game that looks gorgeous, has the amazing F-Zero soundtrack and lets me race really really fast. It doesn't have to have a stupid gimmick, not every game needs to. Fast RMX is okay but it doesn't scratch that itch.
- Game Boy Advance VC. It still absolutely blows my mind that they don't have a service for GBA, a dedicated handheld system with games made with that in mind, for the Switch, a console that a large amount of users play as a handheld. Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, Fire Emblem, Minish Cap, Mario and Luigi RPG, Advance Wars, Sonic Advance, Wario Land. So many brilliant games on there yet they would rather keep pushing out crap nobody is asking for with the SNES and NES apps...And N64? They can shove that up their arse too.
- Speaking of Wario Land, give me some more of that. I love WarioWare but I miss those Wario platformers. They were so goofy and cool.

That'd be awesome considering how bad 8/8D was. sigh. I'll just stick to 64 which they released for NSO members for the 64 VC stuff...

What was so bad about Mario Kart 8?

I agree with the sentiment of wanting MK9 though. I've been playing Mario Kart 8 since the Wii U. I'm over it at this point.

Back