• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What games are you hoping to play throughout the next year?

Autumn247

Bells
Switch
5508-2335-7117
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Red Christmas Stocking
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Cocotryoshka
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Matryoshka Doll
Mint
I have so many games on my backlog so it's hard to decide which ones I want to play since I want to play them all right now

But ideally, I'd like to play through and/or finish playing through these games throughout the next year
-Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Haven't played this one yet but I love Zelda games so I'm looking forward to it
-Mario Odyssey - Haven't played yet but it looks like a lot of fun
-Luigi's Mansion 3 - I'm thinking I'll likely play this in October since it's kind of a spooky themed game
-Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town - I've put about 35 hours into this game so far and have a long way to go
-Pokemon Brilliant Diamond: Huge Pokemon fan, loved the Diamond and Pearl games on the DS, excited to play this
-Pokemon Legends Arceus
and of course I'll still be regularly playing ACNH

I'll probably dip in and out of a few other games too but these are the main games I really want to play and try to make a lot of progress on.

All right, here i go:

1: Super Mario Oddysey - The reason is I just get a Switch and since the game was announced i really, really, really want to give it a try!

2: Super Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: This is an old one, but since Super Rush came out i always read that the game still not top TT. So i want to prove that out myself.

3: Breath of the Wild: Before thinking in acquire BOTW2 i need to try the first one. I need awesome things about it.

4: Pokemon White: This could be hard to find, but if i ever cross with it is an instant buy.

5: Bowser's Fury: I don't think i need to say to much here.

There are several games I'm waiting to release that should come out this year like Alisa, The Divine Speaker, Unpacking (omg the demo for that was so fun and the game is just so chill), Gloomwood, and In Sound Mind. I'm hoping I can get Ender Lillies soon. I have so many games that sort of don't 'end' like Stardew, My Time at Portia, and my trips through Vigil: The Longest Night. Outside of that, I'm in an alpha for a game I can't talk about right now so that's eating a lot of backlog time. :p

At the top of my list of games to play is Larian Studios's Baldur's Gate 3. It's currently in early access and I've already spent over 100 hours on it. 😅 It may or may not get released next year but, if it does, that's the game I'll be obsessed with for a long time.

Other games on my Steam wishlist that I'm looking forward to are Twelve Minutes, Bear and Breakfast, and My Lovely Wife. I will play Dorfromantik when it's fully released. (Spent 35 hours on the early access.) Bought games that I've yet to play and want to play are Spiritfarer and Desperadoes III. It's going to be a while before I can get to them because I'm currently playing Wildermyth. I'm having so much fun with it! I'm going to replay all the campaigns at least one more time, on the highest difficulty, before I'm done. It will be a deliciously painful experience. 🤪

At the top of my list of games to play is Larian Studios's Baldur's Gate 3. It's currently in early access and I've already spent over 100 hours on it. 😅 It may or may not get released next year but, if it does, that's the game I'll be obsessed with for a long time.

Other games on my Steam wishlist that I'm looking forward to are Twelve Minutes, Bear and Breakfast, and My Lovely Wife. I will play Dorfromantik when it's fully released. (Spent 35 hours on the early access.) Bought games that I've yet to play and want to play are Spiritfarer and Desperadoes III. It's going to be a while before I can get to them because I'm currently playing Wildermyth. I'm having so much fun with it! I'm going to replay all the campaigns at least one more time, on the highest difficulty, before I'm done. It will be a deliciously painful experience. 🤪
I've got two friends who are deep into Wildermyth, that came seems very easy to lose time in.

I've got two friends who are deep into Wildermyth, that came seems very easy to lose time in.

Any game with tactical, turn-based combat will take a while to play! 😅

Wildermyth is very engaging, if you like RPGs with tactical turn-based combat. (Even if you don't but want to give the game a shot, there are different difficulty levels to choose from and that will help anyone who's not into X-COM type combat scenarios.) Character stories and maps are procedurally generated, so you can replay any campaign and do things differently. I love that all the party members are highly customizable not just in terms of appearance but also personality traits and combat abilities. Characters fight, age and retire. The writing is pretty good; conversations can be adorably goofy or painfully soul-searching. If you get particularly attached to any party member, you get to keep him after the campaign (as long as he didn't die in combat) as a legacy hero, and you can play with him again in other campaigns.

There's a lot to like in Wildermyth. ♥

oh my backlog is ENORMOUS so there are a bunch of games that i've really got my eye on or started & need to finish, but i think my top ones i want to play or replay throughout the next year are uhhhhh:

• pokemon shining pearl (nov. 19 2021) [i played pearl first back in 2007, so i'm picking SP again now even though i prefer dialga 😅 ]
  • ai: the somnium files (which i've watched LPs of but never played personally, so a friend decided to trick me into letting him buy it for me)
  • ai: the somnium files - nirvana initiative (spring 2022)
  • harvest moon: tree of tranquility (never finished, lost my data when my wii broke. need to replay it)
  • harvest moon: animal parade (also lost my data for that. now have a gay patch for it i want to use lol)
  • rune factory frontier (about 60% through it rn, never finished it. have owned it for 8 years. only finally making progress on an emulator. help.)
  • actually every single rune factory game (1, 2, frontier, 3, oceans, 4S) in preparation for:
  • rune factory 5 (Q1 2022)
  • chibi-robo: plug into adventure!

I'll probably play:
-Animal Crossing NH still since I play it often now and will probably keep playing as they add new things too but I guess if they don't add many interesting things, then I'll probably stop playing it more.
-Pokemon Legends Arceus I'm really excited for and hope it's really good and has lots of content. :)
-Luigi's Mansion 3 since I never got it and I want to play it since it looks so fun and actually looks good like the first one compared to Dark Moon which I never played since it looked so far off from the original.
-Maybe Pokemon Shining Pearl if I end up liking the game more but so far I'm not a fan if the graphics =/
-Pokemon Black and White I want to replay again so hopefully I can get a new 3DS
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate but not as much since no new DLC characters are appealing so far

I have quite a few games I need to finish playing. I honestly don’t see myself finishing most of them even though I would like to.

Bravely Default 1

Ni No Kuni 1

FFXII Zodiac Age

FFX remastered

Assassin’s Creed III

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag

Assassin’s Creed Origins

Dragon Age Inquisition DLC

Persona 3 & 4

Pokemon Snap — will try to finish eventually

Persona 5 Strikers - don’t have it yet but definitely will play and finish

That’s all that I can think of for now.

I want to finish Fire Emblem Three Houses, play Slime Rancher and beat a Zelda game. Pokémon Snap is also something I want to spend time on.

The only game on my mind for this year is the super monkey ball remaster !!!

so i've actually already pre-ordered many of these already but:

Tales of Arise
Samurai Warriors 5
Super Monkey Ball Mania
CrisTales
Trails from Zero
Diablo 2 Resurrected and 4
Deathloop

I've literally waited 20 years for the monkey ball remake, so that one for sure. (no need to sneak off to my friend's house and play the originals on their gamecube anymore :p). I cried a lil when I saw we were getting honest to goodness remakes of the original games tbh.

Other than that, I might grind out the rest of the platinum for sekiro before monkey ball comes out, and then after monkey ball, I'll have elden ring and hopefully silksong or breath of the wild 2

For me it looks to be:

Mario Golf
Super Monkey Ball
Super Mario Party
I just picked up Mario Golf not too long ago. I wasn't expecting to be as hooked to it as I am, but it is a lot of fun! Thanks for reminding me about Monkey Ball. I was looking at that a while back and totally forgot about it!

I just picked up Mario Golf not too long ago. I wasn't expecting to be as hooked to it as I am, but it is a lot of fun! Thanks for reminding me about Monkey Ball. I was looking at that a while back and totally forgot about it!
Mario Golf is definitely a great party game! Very excited about Monkey Ball and all its mini-games.

once i've finished up my backlog for the summer i'm probably going to take a break from gaming to focus on studying but i do plan to get scarlet nexus, and the monkey ball remake if they do put it on steam

I'm mostly fixated on playing and completing all games on my backlog this year (Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Hades, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and The Last of Us Part 2), but on top of that I'm looking forward to playing Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars when they come out.

Back