• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What game have you been obsessed with recently?

ObstinateSparrow

Bells
I haven't played Animal Crossing in two months becaue I've become obsessed with another game. When I get obsessed, I play that one game to the exclusion of all others, and anything else I was playing gets put on the back burner.

For the past two months, I've been playing way, way too much of Ark: Survival Evolved (the Switch edition, which is now really good). I've been trying to tame atleast one of every creature in the game, while trying to build a cool base. Ark is a very time-consuming (and battery-consuming) game, so I haven't really been playing anything else on the Switch.

Before my current Ark obsession, I was really into Sword of Vermilion (for Sega Genesis). It's a fun game. Should probably get back to it one of these days.

Before anyone asks, I haven't played Tears of the Kingdom yet, but I have a feeling when I finally get it, it'll become my new obsession.

Honkai: Star Rail for sure. It's an online gacha game set in space, and it's sooooo much fun. Basically Genshin Impact, but better.

Legend of Arceus, Im so into it right now. I'm not even onto the second area, but I've already completed so many Pokemon entries lol.

Honestly this game could just be focused on collecting information about Pokemon, and I'd be happy.
(Except defeating Pokemon for it, thats just cruel)

I've been quite obsessed with Transport Fever lately, a transport tycoon game on Steam where you are given a randomly generated map and you try to help cities grow by creating transport lines to move raw materials, completed goods, and passengers between factories and cities. It starts as early as 1850 and you unlock better, more advanced equipment as the years progress. It involves trains, trucks/buses (or horse-drawn carriages at the start), ships, and planes. I've dumped nearly 200 hours into the game over two maps these last couple months. So many times I've tried to tell myself I'll just be getting on for a half hour to fix a line or add a new one or something, but then I look at the clock what feels like not even an hour later and realize that 3+ hours have passed!

Last edited:
Back on my annual minecraft obsession currently. Totk was Before that and I'll eventually get back to it to 100% it.

*vibrates at a high speed* DISCO ELYSIUM DISCO ELYSIUM DISCO ELYSIUM DISCO ELYSIUM

Legend of Arceus, Im so into it right now. I'm not even onto the second area, but I've already completed so many Pokemon entries lol.

Honestly this game could just be focused on collecting information about Pokemon, and I'd be happy.
(Except defeating Pokemon for it, thats just cruel)
I have been obsessed with Legends of Arceus as well . It really is a great game . There is so much to do in this game I get sidetracked with side missions often.

i just finished my latest save file of Slay the Spire, so I'm back to my latest island on NH.

Pikmin 4! I'd been looking forward to it since I enjoyed the other Pikmin games, and I've been playing it a lot since it came out last week~

I'm currently obsessed with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and I don't see that obsession going away anytime soon.

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below! I absolutely LOVE Dragon Quest and completely forgot about the games for the past 3 years. I recently started playing my large collection and started with my favorite spinoff! I love this game so much and have been trying to 100% it! I completed all the Quests last weekend. I finally got all the skill points after playing the story 3 times in a row! Healix supremacy

Tears of the Kingdom and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
While I am not playing them right now, I cannot wait to get back and play it some more.

Pokémon Violet. I’m actually and finally playing it for real this time and working as hard as I can on it. It’s been a pretty good game to me.

I haven't played Animal Crossing in two months becaue I've become obsessed with another game. When I get obsessed, I play that one game to the exclusion of all others, and anything else I was playing gets put on the back burner.

For the past two months, I've been playing way, way too much of Ark: Survival Evolved (the Switch edition, which is now really good). I've been trying to tame atleast one of every creature in the game, while trying to build a cool base. Ark is a very time-consuming (and battery-consuming) game, so I haven't really been playing anything else on the Switch.

Before my current Ark obsession, I was really into Sword of Vermilion (for Sega Genesis). It's a fun game. Should probably get back to it one of these days.

Before anyone asks, I haven't played Tears of the Kingdom yet, but I have a feeling when I finally get it, it'll become my new obsession.
I was wondering if that game was good! I kept looking at it on Steam and going back and forth. I worried about buying it on the switch. It's good to know it works well on the console. I haven't started TOTK because I've been slow to work my way through BOTW. So I have been avoiding videos, etc. of the new one but its hard because TOTK is a hot topic!

Back