• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What game have you been obsessed with recently?

i often go through phases of exclusively playing one single game and being overly invested in the game mechanics. for me, right now, it's definitely hades even though i am at or technically passed end-game. i know its an older game now, but the nature of the game just makes it soooo easy to continuously play again and again and feel like you are still playing something fresh and new.

Most recently, probably Zelda TotK, but even then I really feel like it was a 7/10 game.
I haven't been truly engrossed in a game in a while unfortunately.

Most recently, probably Zelda TotK, but even then I really feel like it was a 7/10 game.
I haven't been truly engrossed in a game in a while unfortunately.
oooh interesting review. i feel like i've gotten such overwhelmingly positive reviews from so many folks. this is much more measured! fair!

Not yet, as it takes me a little bit to get fully invested in a game, but I just started TotK the other day and as people are already saying it's BOTW but the things that were 'bad' about it were fixed, I am very sure I'm gonna have a great time and struggle to put it down.

Pianista. Not because it is particularly fun. I just get really into rhythm games. Especially if they're hard because I'm determined to beat them.

Jack Jeanne! I'd heard so many good things about it it was hard not to get hyped, even though I knew there were a number of things that wouldn't normally appeal to me in an otome (stat-raising, contemporary/non-fantastical setting), but my worries were completely unfounded. The game just has all-around great vibes and I've been enjoying the heck out of it, plus it has incredible art (and very generous amount of sprites and CGs!!) and super good music too. I've barely even utilized the "skip already-read" function because I love the story that much, although I probably will after this current playthrough until I start up my last one.

Also Stardew Valley! I only just started playing it for the first time recently and am currently trying to achieve Perfection because I want gold chickens darnit. I find it a little more stressful than other farming sims I like (namely Rune Factory 5/RF4S) but it's still an incredible game and more than worth what I paid for it.

I played a lot of story of seasons: A wonderful life. Thr game was part of my childhood and I love the new and unique concept. It's a cycle of life and death and I still get tears in my eyes watching the trailer. First Harvest moon (SoS) where you actually get older and I loooove that you can influence your child! There is a lot to do and the child is the sweetest in the whole franchise lol Only critique I have are the ugly bachelors lol I married Muffy because the men are just ew. I mean come on Matthew is decent but an awful husband and father!

I'm obsessed with finishing my mons for S/V. I never got around to finishing the regional dex and having every mon from the dex transferred to HOME for the the dex there. Its so unnecessarily exhausting but thats what being a fan with OCD is about.

umineko for me, it's a visual novel series split into 2 halves and i've just started on the 2nd half of them ^.^ the story is pretty interesting, but i heard a lot of people were disappointed by the ending. even if that's the case, i can still say i had fun on the journey. my favorite characters so far are probably beatrice, maria, and lambdadelta
D4EAD090AFDC087B3C24371F09F301E0EC296025
Mar.png
tumblr_ni45siqz9O1t0lt8go2_r1_400.gif

Lately I've been really into Stardew Valley and I finally got my 3DS back and have been playing Fantasy Life. I wanna play Wild World later tonight, it's been a few months lol i just know my town is covered in weeds.

Animal Crossing New Horizions, because my life has become so miserable lately and I am binge playing this game just to forget about my problems.

Animal Crossing New Horizions, because my life has become so miserable lately and I am binge playing this game just to forget about my problems.
Literally me during you-know-what that caused me to stay home and be miserable (at least the job I had at the time was considered "essential" to be physically present at). Nowadays, I feel happy just making my own villager lore stories, which is surprising as I've never liked reading or writing while going to grade school.
Shameless plug for you to go to my Wahu Island Journal to read them!!!

Aaaaaanyways, the other series I've been big into is Spyro the Dragon, but I've only 100% completed the first three games both on PS1 and on PS4 when the Reignited Trilogy came out. After Spyro: Year of the Dragon, I tried out some of the PS2 games, but didn't like them. They don't play the same, and Spyro became way too edgy for my liking later on.

Even though Minecraft (all versions combined) is probably my most played game - New Horizons coming a close second - Year of the Dragon is my favorite game, and my love for the original trilogy only grew once I found out that the soundtrack was done by The Police drummer Stewart Copeland. I'm a big classic rock guy, and he really did an excellent job with the songs in the original trilogy.

Heck, Spyro is voiced (in 2 and 3, as well as the entire Reignited Trilogy) by Tom Kenny, who does the voice of SpongeBob, another series I liked growing up. You could really go on and on about Spyro's original PS1 games, and I know a lot about them. If I had the time, I would love to 100% the trilogy again.

P------ Pathways
An amazing fan game. I'm playing it with my spouse and it is just so interesting and fun to me. It's like the standard, but daily simulation involved too. Decisions made effect the game and I am just impressed with it and have so much fun. Constantly wanting to get on it, but gotta wait for my spouse to have time too. 💕

I've been playing the new Zelda almost everyday for several hours, it's really eating my freetime atm 😵‍💫

Maybe not obsessed, but a while back I watched through a bunch of videos about and scrolled through the wiki pages for Fear and Hunger out of a kind of morbid curiosity. I probably won't play it myself because I'm a baby, but I was drawn to the art style and things I'd heard about the story. Big sucker for the gothic, macabre aesthetic and all the stuff about archaic gods and civilizations! Also love the subversions of normal RPG mechanics.

Back