• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What gacha games do you play and/or have you played?

games i don't play actively...

bandori: first mobile gacha rhythm game i ever played, my friend told me about it when the EN version released and i've been playing since! i don't play often these days, though... i really only stick around for the actual Rhythm part of it and the few characters i like. i've grown really tired of the filler stories, character development always being erased, characters that annoy me (which there are now more of because of the new bands LOL), etc.....

idolmaster CG:SS: i've known about this game for a while because of the same friend but i didn't play it until a bit after i started bandori! it was really intimidating because there's no english translation. i can't read any of the new stories until they are translated (but honestly they are not any better than bandori's... sometimes they are WORSE). what keeps me around is, again, the rhythm part and the characters i like. it's also a lot more exciting trying to get cards because this game is in 3D and you unlock 3D COSTUMES of the characters!!! i've fallen off of it though because of the same reasons as bandori + it's hard to manage more than 1 mobile game at a time

moe can change: this game is BAD but it's stuck with me since i was 13. it's the only gacha game i've ever spent money on (did it when i was 13-14) and i will NEVER do it again... to make matters worse i LOST MY ORIGINAL ACCOUNT (THE ONE I SPENT MONEY ON). that game is so freaking expensive anyways and the gacha is so unforgiving it wasn't even worth it!!! i keep coming back to it because it's the only thing that's really like it and i love how it's kind of like a virtual pet dress up game but... not? i'd love to see something similar that's actually done right and not creepily

love live SIF: not much to say here. this game probably has the worst gacha system of any of the idol rhythm games i've tried (for an extended period of time) and i only ever liked 2 characters from it (nico and later rina, i stopped trying love live long before rina existed but she is an amazing little thing). i do not like the amount of buttons on screen in the rhythm portion @_@

pocket camp: forgot this one when i originally made this post! i played this pretty actively for a while but i stopped cuz it started feeling like a chore. sometimes i come on when there's items i really want (like the sanrio ones) but i've mostly stopped playing this

line play: FORGOT THIS TOO this consumed my life when i was younger. the gacha is super unfair and it's not worth it. the game is also very different now. i'm never coming back to it because apparently they delete your account if you're inactive for a certain period, i didn't find this out until i tried it again a couple years ago only to discover my old account with all my rare stuff was gone ~_~ the art style is VERY cute though, i wish there was more stuff like it that was actually fair

i've played other idol rhythm games but they're not worth mentioning cuz i hardly tried them. stuff like enstars and d4dj i just couldn't really get into them

games i play almost every day...

cookie run ovenbreak: i love these little creatures. cookie run is easy to stay into because the gacha is pretty forgiving and it is VERY easy to get the ingame currency as a f2p user.... it's stories are hardly ever deep but, as much as i'd enjoy it, they don't need to be! despite this i'd argue the cookies have MORE personality than 90% of idolmaster and bandori characters just because their flavor texts are all so unique. i also love that new characters are added monthly BUT this has the negative effect of the meta always changing and it makes the game very hard for new players to get into. i luckily have been playing off and on since.... ermmmmm early 2017 maybe? so i don't have much trouble jumping back in whenever i'm in the mood.

cookie run kingdom: basically same thoughts as the above but i much prefer the gameplay of ovenbreak. kingdom feels like a slog to get through later in the game (though it is much easier for new players to enjoy)... the story does tend to be more serious though and i like that about it! playing both games gives me a good mix of lighthearted stories and slightly more serious stuff. i'm not really into the more uhhhhhhmmmmm ... rpg look? i don't know how to describe it. but i like it alright here because it's a very silly cookie version of that aesthetic

EDIT: i did not realize how much of a gacha game player i was until i typed this post LOL i sware i hate gacha systems it's just that so many gacha games have something silly and appealing to me in some way 😭

Last edited:
Pocket Camp is my main one, I spend money on it (For clothes) ... but I'm absolutely in love with it, and I honestly can play it for hours without getting bored.

It was one of my first animal crossing games, I had deleted it, but re-instslled it. I love it too much.
--
Ah, I love the Attack on Titan mobile game, I play it on my iPad, and its soo much fun, even though I'm not that great. Also spent alot of tries to get Annie as my first card

Anyone who's played it, with the begining where you get a random person, I replayed until I got Annie lol. But honestly, I love that game
--
South Park. Phone Destroyer
I dont have it anymore, but I played it to death, never joined any teams, but I played it to death.

I spent money on ot, loved fighting people online, finished the story, it was fun. Now I kinda wanna reinstall it. But great game, strategy, very fun, lived it. But had to save my wallet lol.

Then some that I'm too embarrassed to say I play 🙄 But love them none the less.

Back