• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What gacha games do you play and/or have you played?

Dunquixote

Water King
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I have been playing One Piece Treasure Cruise for three years and I’ve been playing Last Cloudia since February. I have Final Fantasy Record Keeper downloaded but haven’t touched it for months. Been playing more casually OPTC lately because got burnt out from event after event and have been ticked off at the company since New Year’s.

Other games that I’ve tried but ended up deleted - no particular order: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, FFBE War of the Visions, Last Dragalia, Bleach Brave Souls, Fate Grand Order, Attack on Titan Tactics, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Fire Emblem Heroes

Anyone else play gacha games? If so, what ones? Are you p2p or f2p?

I used to be p2p for OPTC to a degree; on my birthday and holidays where I got a gift, I’d ask for an itunes card and use it on the game. I refuse to pay anymore after seeing the way they handled what the OPTC reddit community calls gem valley and the ranking events that happened one after another at the time and the lack of communication.

I was considering to dip a little (by asking for a gift card) on my birthday for last cloudia, but last minute, i decided to get a switch lite and acnh. Better investment since to get some unit exclusive weapons you need to buy about $160 worth of paid crystals.

Last edited:
The ones I've played are:
  • Nintendo Badge Arcade
  • ACPC
  • KleptoCats
  • Hello Kitty World
  • MOOMIN Welcome to Moominvalley
  • Pokémon Masters
I believe I've spent about $20 total across these games. I really try to do what I can as F2P, but whales will do as they please to remain at the top of course. I get bored easily with this type of business model, so I often end up stopping once the paywall affects the gameplay pervasively.

Nope. I play some other mobile games but gacha games don't appeal to me. I feel like the ones I've tried focus mainly just on the collection aspect rather than the gameplay itself so they just seem pointless to me.

I also don't like games that aren't transparent about microtransactions. I much prefer paying for a game upfront (or playing the beginning for free and paying to unlock the rest because that's more like a demo). I don't mind free-to-play games with microtransactions that are options and meant for hardcore fans or if you want to support the devs. That can even be a good way to contribute for less than the cost of a game if you're broke. Neko Atsume is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about! Unfortunately, most games with microtransactions make them feel mandatory and like there's no end to them and no thank you to that.
Post automatically merged:

The ones I've played are:
  • Nintendo Badge Arcade
  • ACPC
  • KleptoCats
  • Hello Kitty World
  • MOOMIN Welcome to Moominvalley
  • Pokémon Masters
I believe I've spent about $20 total across these games. I really try to do what I can as F2P, but whales will do as they please to remain at the top of course. I get bored easily with this type of business model, so I often end up stopping once the paywall affects the gameplay pervasively.

I'm not sure all of those games are gacha games. Pretty sure the Moomins game is a farming simulator like Farmville and KleptoCats is more of an idle game. They might have microtransactions but I wouldn't consider them gacha games -- for me, gacha games are the ones that have a mechanic like prize machines and where it's a main feature.

Nope. I play some other mobile games but gacha games don't appeal to me. I feel like the ones I've tried focus mainly just on the collection aspect rather than the gameplay itself so they just seem pointless to me.

I also don't like games that aren't transparent about microtransactions. I much prefer paying for a game upfront (or playing the beginning for free and paying to unlock the rest because that's more like a demo). I don't mind free-to-play games with microtransactions that are options and meant for hardcore fans or if you want to support the devs. That can even be a good way to contribute for less than the cost of a game if you're broke. Neko Atsume is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about! Unfortunately, most games with microtransactions make them feel mandatory and like there's no end to them and no thank you to that.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure all of those games are gacha games. Pretty sure the Moomins game is a farming simulator like Farmville and KleptoCats is more of an idle game. They might have microtransactions but I wouldn't consider them gacha games -- for me, gacha games are the ones that have a mechanic like prize machines and where it's a main feature.

Totally understandable. Even though I paid for OPTC and liked some of their gem packs that offer you a ticket for selected units, I prefer no microtransactions more and more now and seeing how a lot of these companies treat even their most loyal players. :/ Seeing the way gaming is leaning more and more towards them and locking content with a subscription, I worry that ACNH might end up going in the direction of having paid dlc since I can’t afford it.

I can’t deny that I enjoy the gameplay though in the gacha games that I still play or collecting units.

One thing that bothers me about last cloudia besides the cost to get a unit exclusive weapon is that the step up banners are paid only or the rare occasion, first two steps you can use free gems but the rest you need paid. -.-

Love Live
Love Nikki
Pokemon Masters
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

I whale really hard on gacha games so I don't play any of them (minus occasionally pocket camp) anymore. I think I enjoyed Love Live the most out of the gacha games I've played, and stuck with Pocket Camp for the longest.

I wish mobile games were less predatory and that I was more patient to wait for things.

i used to play fire emblem heroes, however i havent played it in over a year and dont plan on returning for it for a while bc of spoilers for the fe series as a whole.
i played some azur lane a few months ago but havent touched it recently, should get back to that.
i am currently playing arknights and i really like it so far, nice battle system so i think im gonna keep playing it for a while.

Last edited:
[
i used to play fire emblem heroes, however i havent played it in over a year and dont plan on returning for it for a while bc of spoilers for the fe series as a whole.
i played some azura lane a few months ago but havent touched it recently, should get back to that.
i am currently playing arknights and i really like it so far, nice battle system so i think im gonna keep playing it for a while.

A friend of mine is playing Arknights as well and he seems to be enjoying it as well :). The artwork looks really nice for that game too.
Love Live
Love Nikki
Pokemon Masters
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

I whale really hard on gacha games so I don't play any of them (minus occasionally pocket camp) anymore. I think I enjoyed Love Live the most out of the gacha games I've played, and stuck with Pocket Camp for the longest.

I wish mobile games were less predatory and that I was more patient to wait for things.

I agree. I don’t think I was close to a whale but I seriously loved any chance to get a selected pool of units in OPTC and I love One Piece so much. It’s a shame they have been getting so greedy and now guaranteed pulls (with this current banner as an exception) going up from 12 (which I thought was a lot) to 20 pulls needed. In Last Cloudia, even though I prefer to stay f2p and the cost to get equipment is ridiculous, I would really love at least one unit exclusive weapon and support the game too since it is new and I’d like to see it last because I love the artwork and story.

I play Ensemble Stars and Hypnosis Mic ARB but I'm taking a much needed break from them to play Midnight Cinderella, a game I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do. I've also played On Air! and A3 a little bit, and I was thinking I'd give Obey Me! and Rosetown Diary a chance since they both seem to have those otome game aspects that I crave. 🥰

I've played Fire Emblem Heroes and Miitomo(RIP) and a bunch of other app games (rhythm games n stuff)

I do play AC:pC which is definitely a bad game but I need something on my phone and it's better than most.

I played Bleach Immortal Soul for awhile but burnt myself out big time. Really fun game, but what did it for me was every time a new character was released I had to keep dumping resources into them and it was just very time consuming. I'd like to get back into it eventually, but right now most of my attention is focused on Sonic Forces Speed Battle (which is kind of a gacha?). I'm interested in trying Epic Seven maybe, but I really shouldn't try to get myself too into these. It's always the same result in the end.

Gonna bold the ones that I still actually play (Fire Emblem Heroes, AC: Pocket Camp, Dissidia Opera Omnia):
  • Final Fantasy Record Keeper - this one is good and not too bad for F2P, but at one point I ran out of storage space on my phone and didn't have a tablet yet, so I had to drop it. Sometimes I miss it, but then I realize I keep up with too many games as it is so I leave it as a memory.
  • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - money-grubbing game right here. Final Fantasy gachas are usually pretty fine for free players, but NOT this one. It's got powercreep issues, a story that went downhill after season 1... Not that good. The sprites are lovely and the music is nice, but otherwise, I haven't missed this one since I quit it >a year ago.
  • Fire Emblem Heroes - still have fun with this one! Started at launch, and I've got a good amount of +10 heroes despite being F2P. I like collecting faves and sometimes giving them good skills through inheritance. Powercreep is definitely an issue in this game too, but ehhh, there are at least minor attempts to give fans of outdated units methods to beef them up a little. I've got my +10 Conrad and his Valentine alt at +10 as well, and that's all I can really ask for since I play this for my faves from the series.
  • Miitomo - I actually forgot I played this until someone else mentioned it in this thread. It, uh.... sure existed.... not very memorable, and barely even a game.
  • Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - still playing! Probably not for long though, since my tablet isn't 64-bit and I think the upcoming November update is going to ruin me. BUT I'll keep playing in the meantime, because I actually like the fortune cookies (if you just accept that you're not always going to get every item you want and take what you can, it becomes like fun, free gambling lol) and there's SO MANY cool pieces of furniture and clothing that New Horizons DESPERATELY needs. I would kill for them to implement these fortune cookies as Nook Mile rewards or something, along with amenities maybe as things you can build on your island.
  • Sega Heroes - RIP, game is dead. I quit about 2 months before it died though (before the announcement it was even ending) because all I wanted was Silver the Hedgehog. I didn't get him, so I said screw it and left because it was also a very P2W game with its arena setup.
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia - probably the best of all the gacha games I play. As is probably obvious from this whole post, I love Final Fantasy, and this game is most like a love letter to the series. Story is decent, there are good interactions between characters from a good variety of the games, characters generally always get a moment to shine thanks to reworks patching up issues in characters' kits and stuff. It's not too grindy either, aside from summon boards, which only happen like once every other month. Very F2P-friendly, especially with the gift of foresight knowing what Japan gets before we do.
  • Mario Kart Tour - I tried to like this one. I really did. But it was just frustrating and I got sick and tired of all the Mario and Peach alts. And I say that as someone who loves Peach. Back when I played, rubies also were pretty scarce. I dunno if it ever got better, but it's too late for me to go back to it.

Gonna bold the ones that I still actually play (Fire Emblem Heroes, AC: Pocket Camp, Dissidia Opera Omnia):
  • Final Fantasy Record Keeper - this one is good and not too bad for F2P, but at one point I ran out of storage space on my phone and didn't have a tablet yet, so I had to drop it. Sometimes I miss it, but then I realize I keep up with too many games as it is so I leave it as a memory.
  • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - money-grubbing game right here. Final Fantasy gachas are usually pretty fine for free players, but NOT this one. It's got powercreep issues, a story that went downhill after season 1... Not that good. The sprites are lovely and the music is nice, but otherwise, I haven't missed this one since I quit it >a year ago.
  • Fire Emblem Heroes - still have fun with this one! Started at launch, and I've got a good amount of +10 heroes despite being F2P. I like collecting faves and sometimes giving them good skills through inheritance. Powercreep is definitely an issue in this game too, but ehhh, there are at least minor attempts to give fans of outdated units methods to beef them up a little. I've got my +10 Conrad and his Valentine alt at +10 as well, and that's all I can really ask for since I play this for my faves from the series.
  • Miitomo - I actually forgot I played this until someone else mentioned it in this thread. It, uh.... sure existed.... not very memorable, and barely even a game.
  • Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - still playing! Probably not for long though, since my tablet isn't 64-bit and I think the upcoming November update is going to ruin me. BUT I'll keep playing in the meantime, because I actually like the fortune cookies (if you just accept that you're not always going to get every item you want and take what you can, it becomes like fun, free gambling lol) and there's SO MANY cool pieces of furniture and clothing that New Horizons DESPERATELY needs. I would kill for them to implement these fortune cookies as Nook Mile rewards or something, along with amenities maybe as things you can build on your island.
  • Sega Heroes - RIP, game is dead. I quit about 2 months before it died though (before the announcement it was even ending) because all I wanted was Silver the Hedgehog. I didn't get him, so I said screw it and left because it was also a very P2W game with its arena setup.
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia - probably the best of all the gacha games I play. As is probably obvious from this whole post, I love Final Fantasy, and this game is most like a love letter to the series. Story is decent, there are good interactions between characters from a good variety of the games, characters generally always get a moment to shine thanks to reworks patching up issues in characters' kits and stuff. It's not too grindy either, aside from summon boards, which only happen like once every other month. Very F2P-friendly, especially with the gift of foresight knowing what Japan gets before we do.
  • Mario Kart Tour - I tried to like this one. I really did. But it was just frustrating and I got sick and tired of all the Mario and Peach alts. And I say that as someone who loves Peach. Back when I played, rubies also were pretty scarce. I dunno if it ever got better, but it's too late for me to go back to it.

I really loved FFRK as well. I haven’t deleted it since I put a lot of work in it and was waiting for Ardyn to be introduced along with some more equipment for Gabranth. Juggling three gacha games and now ACNH has been difficult, so, for now, I’ve put that aside.

I agree with you on FFBE. I wasn’t too impressed with its story (too cheesy to my liking; though I love Last Cloudia’s story and there are some similarities and cheesy moments); I loved the step ups being available for f2p players though took forever for me to save so i was only able to do a couple. Took forever to get any good weapons or gear and was a pain to keep track of where I was using an equipment so i can un equip it and sell.

I heard for Fire Emblem Heroes that they’re updating it so you can change your ivs. I was a day one player that quit because i had good units but didn’t have the right ivs to build them properly and my friend who got me into the game quit. I’m tempted to give this game another try some day; having trouble juggling two gacha games and acnh now though so might wait lol.

Thanks for sharing! Nice to hear about positivie and negative experiences with some of the same games that I played.

I heard for Fire Emblem Heroes that they’re updating it so you can change your ivs. I was a day one player that quit because i had good units but didn’t have the right ivs to build them properly and my friend who got me into the game quit. I’m tempted to give this game another try some day; having trouble juggling two gacha games and acnh now though so might wait lol.
There's a new item called Trait Fruit (100 needed per IV change you want) that does let you change IVs now, even for previously neutral-only characters like GHB and Tempest Trial units! Depending on when you quit, it might also be new that there are Divine Codes that you can exchange for some Combat Manuals, even some 5-star exclusives and seasonals; if any of those are ones for characters you like, those can be a merge to get rid of a bad flaw like -ATK too. But totally get what you mean about waiting since I feel your pain with juggling more than one gacha at a time, it can be a definite time sink lol.

There's a new item called Trait Fruit (100 needed per IV change you want) that does let you change IVs now, even for previously neutral-only characters like GHB and Tempest Trial units! Depending on when you quit, it might also be new that there are Divine Codes that you can exchange for some Combat Manuals, even some 5-star exclusives and seasonals; if any of those are ones for characters you like, those can be a merge to get rid of a bad flaw like -ATK too. But totally get what you mean about waiting since I feel your pain with juggling more than one gacha at a time, it can be a definite time sink lol.

Oh nice! I wasn’t sure when the update was coming. I can’t remember when I quit; maybe a year a bit less ago. Thanks for the info! :)

OPTC is the most time consuming and demanding of the games I play. I’m just coming back after being burnt out from non stop events; I stay up late to try to maintain my rank for some of the events. Now i’m going to play more casually >< since i missed out on some good event only units. Last cloudia is more casual but still requires me to play enough to get all rewards (really difficult if i don’t have point boosters); been taking it bit more casually too since I am focusing more on ACNH. I’m terrible at balancing my time lol. I think at one point I had four or five gacha games on my phone. That was a nightmare lol.

But, in spite of having my hands full, I still browse to find other gacha games to add so, it’s good to know there has been good improvements to FE Heroes. I was pretty reluctant to quit tbh since the gameplay was always quite enjoyable to me except maybe pvp lol.

Gacha games are so bad for me because I just end up sinking too much money into them. A few years ago I played the Shin Megami Tensei one and the Fate one but decided to stop cuz I was getting too competitive lool

I play a little animal game known as WildCraft. It’s actually pretty fair for monetization and what free players can get. It is kinda grindy though, but I like having those sorts of tasks in the background while I watch something lol

These days I only play Granblue Fantasy in terms of gacha games. I used to play Love Live School Idol Festival a ton, both on EN and JP but I kinda just got bored of it over the years.

I also used to play Bandori but extremely bad Gacha luck made me drop that game, I can only take so much of getting no new 4*s

Last edited:
These days I only play Granblue Fantasy in terms of gacha games. I used to play Love Live School Idol Festival a ton, both on EN and JP but I kinda just got bored of it over the years.

I also used to play Bandori but extremely bad Gacha luck made me drop that game, I can only take so much of getting no new 4*s

I can relate; that’s part of the reason that I dropped Fate GO and AOTT. Got fed up with bad banners (not to mention some of the artwork’s quality/inspiration behind them seemed to be lacking, and paid only gems the only guaranteed banners) and pulls - when pulling a five star, I’d pull an unfeatured one, which itself is very rare. I pull way too many craft essences to my liking.

I‘ve had so many bad pulls and droughts in OPTC, but I still want to stick with this game since the gameplay is still very enjoyable. I plan on sticking with Last Cloudia for as long as possible as well; it’s a relatively new game and has much room for improvement. It’s the only game with a social media account that communicates with players and occasionally has live q and as, which gives me hope they’ll fix even some of my biggest quirks like the paid only gems step up and ark banners to be available to f2p players and the weapons to be obtainable without spending $160 on (little hope for that to change).

Back