• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What gacha games do you play and/or have you played?

i really like gacha games w/ idols (i.e. love live, bang dream, ensemble stars, idolish7, etc etc)

other than those, i currently really like fire emblem heroes, food fantasy, obey me, and fate grand order! though i don't play fgo as much as the others, i still enjoy it because i really like fate a lot in general.

i try to be f2p entirely but i mean.... sometimes it's hard when there's a nice png i want

I have dabbled in a bunch.

These are the ones I stuck with for more than a month before stopping
Disney Line Tsum Tsum, Love Nikki, Puzzles and Dragons, Brave Frontier

The others I have played for at most 2 weeks before stopping
Fire Emblem Heros, Food, Animal Crossing Pocket camp

I don't know if it's necessarily a gacha game, but I've played a lot of Hogwarts Mystery. Never spent any real life money on it though. I'm the worst sort of mobile game player: I'm patient, I'm good with time management, and I have a lot of other things to do with my time while the wait timer ticks down. 😂

Games I have on the iPad currently are Pocket Camp, Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, Dragon Quest to the Stars and Housamo/Tokyo Afterschool Summoners. Opera Omnia is the only game I haven't spent money on, while I've put a lot of cash into Housamo and Pocket Camp.

I tend to play a lot of gacha games so I can't remember all of the ones I've dabbled in and then deleted afterwards, but some of the games I've stopped playing recently are Another Eden (though I might give this one another shot), Pokemon Masters, Dragalia Lost and Mario Kart Tour.

I have been playing One Piece Treasure Cruise for three years and I’ve been playing Last Cloudia since February. I have Final Fantasy Record Keeper downloaded but haven’t touched it for months. Been playing more casually OPTC lately because got burnt out from event after event and have been ticked off at the company since New Year’s.

Other games that I’ve tried but ended up deleted - no particular order: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, FFBE War of the Visions, Last Dragalia, Bleach Brave Souls, Fate Grand Order, Attack on Titan Tactics, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Blazing, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Fire Emblem Heroes

Anyone else play gacha games? If so, what ones? Are you p2p or f2p?

I used to be p2p for OPTC to a degree; on my birthday and holidays where I got a gift, I’d ask for an itunes card and use it on the game. I refuse to pay anymore after seeing the way they handled what the OPTC reddit community calls gem valley and the ranking events that happened one after another at the time and the lack of communication.

I was considering to dip a little (by asking for a gift card) on my birthday for last cloudia, but last minute, i decided to get a switch lite and acnh. Better investment since to get some unit exclusive weapons you need to buy about $160 worth of paid crystals.

So far it's just been FE Heroes. I wanted to get Pokemon Masters or Mario Kart Tour but my phone is hot garbage and can't hold it xD I just grind for orbs and didn't use a cent of my money...yet lol

animal crossing pocket camp, dragalia lost, cat game, cookie run, dragon mania legends, happy ranch and afk arena are some that i was totally hooked on for months then suddenly dropped interest, spent $10-$50 each (those "small" <$10 transactions slowly add up...)

right now i've been playing age of magic and arknights, spent around ~$30 on age of magic so far and just $1 on arknights for the gummy starter pack lol, making it the longest i've gone without spending $2+ on a gacha game. i find arknights is very f2p friendly considering how easily i fall for exclusive sales/characters and shortcuts

I’ve played Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, Fire Emblem Heroes, Mario Kart Tour, FF Brave Exodius, FF Record Keeper, Dragalia Lost, Pokemon Masters, Granblue Fantasy, Sinoalice and Kingdom Hearts Unchained X.

Only ones I’ve been playing as of late are Masters and Fantasy. Probably should uninstall the others because I just don’t find them interesting or fun, except maybe Dragalia.

Ah, gacha games. I try to be ftp, but can be easily swindled when I see characters/items I love. Popular ones I haven't played are Fire Emblem Heroes, Mario Kart Tour, Granblue Fantasy, and Fate series ones.

Ones I've played and enjoyed (and spent some money on):
  • Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  • Dragalia Lost
  • Bungo Stray Dogs: Tales of the Lost
  • Love Live!
I try not to play more than one at a time because they suck a lot of hours out of you, and I don't vibe with playing gacha games all day.

Currently only playing the newly released Genshin Impact, and I can already feel it becoming a favorite. Plus it's actual co-op (although only for side quests unfortunately, but still). Not any of that use your friends list to get boosts nonsense.

Last edited:
Ah, gacha games. I try to be ftp, but can be easily swindled when I see characters/items I love. Popular ones I haven't played are Fire Emblem Heroes, Mario Kart Tour, Granblue Fantasy, and Fate series ones.

Ones I've played and enjoyed (and spent some money on):
  • Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  • Dragalia Lost
  • Bungo Stray Dogs: Tales of the Lost
  • Love Live!
I try not to play more than one at a time because they suck a lot of hours out of you, and I don't vibe with playing gacha games all day.

Currently only playing the newly released Genshin Impact, and I can already feel it becoming a favorite. Plus it's actual co-op (although only for side quests unfortunately, but still). Not any of that use your friends list to get boosts nonsense.

Nice choices! :) I don’t blame you; that’s a wise decision. I kinda wish I went that route and didn’t get so invested or care so much about collecting as much as I can.

I used to play four at a time and let me tell you, never again. OPTC by itself demands so much time. Even managing the two I play now can be stressful (am playing more casual since I got burnt out a few times with Optc and can’t play these as much with ACNH taking my attention as well).

started playing genshin impact yesterday. really enjoying it so far and it runs quite well on my phone. i felt like rerolling today and on the first reroll i got venti and 2 fischl in 20 summons! rerolling takes a while since u have to rank up a bit but its worth it imo.

previous gacha games i stuck to for a while were fire emblem heroes, pocket camp and epic seven. overall im glad that i dont play those anymore (pocket camp is fine i just got bored after a while) but i have good memories of early feh

On this thread to add some more gacha games I've been playing:

- Cats are Cute - true gacha to get different cats
- Animal Restaurant - it has a separate unlockable gacha machine within the game
- Penguin Isle - semi-gacha - you can open treasure chests, but this isn't a required mechanic

Currently my the two gacha games I'm playing are Genshin Impact and Granblue Fantasy

Genshin Impact I only started because friends here wanted to play it, and it turned out to be a ton of fun! Glad I got told about this game, I love the gameplay and characters so much! The gacha rates are pretty bad but eh.

Granblue Fantasy I've played for around 2 years now and I also adore this game! I need a grindy game in my life for when I got nothing better to do and this game fulfills that role perfectly!

The other gacha games that I've played and enjoyed are Love Live: School Idol Festival (both JP and EN), Love Live All Stars, Dragalia Lost, Bang Dream, Unison League (though its kinda a love hate relationship, the rates in that game are soooo bad) and of course, Pocket Camp

I've spent an embarrasing amount of money on Love Live Gacha, but I least I like to think that I've learned from my mistakes haha....

The ones I’ve played are:

Dragalia Lost
Pocket Camp
Mario Kart Tour
Pokémon Masters
Fire Emblem Heroes

Only one I still play is Fire Emblem Heroes it’s the only one I could really get into.

I've been playing FGO and FEH since launch (f2p btw - although I did drop money on the most recent GSSR in FGO).

I mostly treat FEH as a way to collect my favourite FE characters, and I spend loads more time on FGO. If anyone plays FGO, it would be cool to talk to you! I had a good time farming gilfest - gotta use the rest of my tickets to clean out the lotto. I agree that the rates are atrocious though, but luckily the 1-3* characters have their uses and I'm pretty diligent with saving my SQ for the servant banners I want every year (not that that's an excuse for the rates tho). It helps that the NA server has clairvoyance!

I've been playing FGO and FEH since launch (f2p btw - although I did drop money on the most recent GSSR in FGO).

I mostly treat FEH as a way to collect my favourite FE characters, and I spend loads more time on FGO. If anyone plays FGO, it would be cool to talk to you! I had a good time farming gilfest - gotta use the rest of my tickets to clean out the lotto. I agree that the rates are atrocious though, but luckily the 1-3* characters have their uses and I'm pretty diligent with saving my SQ for the servant banners I want every year (not that that's an excuse for the rates tho). It helps that the NA server has clairvoyance!

Nice choices! I was a day one player for both as well but got tired of bad pulls and the gameplay in Fate GO. I do still kinda miss the game though for the units I liked :). I’m considering maybe eventually returning to FE Heroes; no rush atm since it’s hard balancing ACNH with the two I’m currently playing.

Nice choices! I was a day one player for both as well but got tired of bad pulls and the gameplay in Fate GO. I do still kinda miss the game though for the units I liked :). I’m considering maybe eventually returning to FE Heroes; no rush atm since it’s hard balancing ACNH with the two I’m currently playing.

That's fair, the gameplay isn't for everyone! Combined with the bad rates and lol I can see why alot of people would quit. One of my friends tried to get into it and didn't find the gameplay compelling either. I like it tho :x haha Which servants did you like?
You could just log into FEH and collect the daily log in orbs to roll for the units you want! (...which is what I do most days lol)

That's fair, the gameplay isn't for everyone! Combined with the bad rates and lol I can see why alot of people would quit. One of my friends tried to get into it and didn't find the gameplay compelling either. I like it tho :x haha Which servants did you like?
You could just log into FEH and collect the daily log in orbs to roll for the units you want! (...which is what I do most days lol)

I liked Gilgamesh (archer), Merlin, Heracles, Sakata, Zhuge Liang, Ozymandias, Okita Souji. :) I also liked Scathach but never managed to pull her.

I liked Gilgamesh (archer), Merlin, Heracles, Sakata, Zhuge Liang, Ozymandias, Okita Souji. :) I also liked Scathach but never managed to pull her.
Oh, we have pretty similar tastes! I've got Gil, Merlin, Herc and Ozzy on your list. Okita and Scathach are pretty cool too but I never pulled them either. I'm waiting for a Waver to spook me (otherwise I'm planning to pick him as my free 5* that they're giving out in 2022).

I got addicted to Fire Emblem Heroes once. Don't fall into that rabbit hole. It's still on my phone, though I'm too scared to open again.

Back