• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you wish the update had included?

More pattern slots and the HHD grid. I still have a clock hanging off-center above my doorframe that would look lovely with the half-size grid. D:

I feel like if there were more villagers I'd lose track of them all!

- I wanted furniture to be displayed outdoors like in HHD-- Brewster's Cafe would look really nice with those umbrella tables found in HHD

- Also the ability to use rugs in outdoor or indoor spaces

- Moving furniture in half increments just like in HHD, so you can neatly center a clock over a sofa

- Placing custom pattern tiles and PWPs with the stylus, just like in HHD

- A separate toolkit for storing tools so they won't use slots in your inventory

The in-between spaces like in HHD, more PWP (maybe some of the furniture items in the outdoors section in HHD) maybe more events, and more villager interactions! Also more pattern space.

Definitely the ability to customize your mayor just like in HHD. I wouldn't have to time travel ever again if that was the case. Having to wait 3~5 weeks just to unlock hairstyles and eye colors is ridiculous. Same for skin color. If I want my mayor to have a tan, there's no need to waste hours on the island for that. Just bring back the makeover machine!
Other than that, MORE PATTERN SPACE. At the very least, the same # as your inventory slots(16). Having to add another character just for paths is inconvenient.
More villager dialogue.. Everyone feels so robotic saying the same things over and over.. I don't care if they reuse dialogue from the other 3 games, just add more dialogue so I can talk with them more often..
Bringing back old events would be neat. Like those sports events in the Gamecube version! It was fun kicking a ball around town sometimes.

That's all I can think of. Really disappointed Nintendo didn't include the HHD mayor customization, but the update itself is pretty nice. (Aside from the obnoxious amiibo-locked content, but I won't get into that.)

I wish we could design our neighbors houses like in HHD. And giving them the option of a second room or so like in HHD.

I'm actually pretty happy with the update but to make it even better I would looooove it if we could choose where villagers plot their houses! I just had such a struggle with ruby the other day only willing to move to two spots. So that would make live much easier. The ability to get rid of rocks would also be great since on messes up my paths. I also want to plant a bush or tree in an area but a rock won't let them grow so it kinda feels weird in that spot. And lastly, pribably make pwps easier to get. If that were to happen I think restarting would be much more easier. But who knows, maybe they'll add these in the next animal crossing game^-^

Skin color.

Being forced to play as a white person (as if race doesn't even exist) is a big issue that needs to be resolved.

honestly, I only want 10 villagers... but I want more space just to get my dreamies faster :(
so I guess the ability to kick villagers out without amiibos would have been nice? I really want some of my villagers gone.

I wish it gave us all the maps we could possible get and let us pick the one we want. Not give us 4 maps and then have to redo everything over again till we where happy. Also i like how in happy home you can do whatever you want to your character in the begining i wish we could have done that as well.

-i really really wish we could hold more patterns... i have 3 characters and it still doesn't feel like enough
-being able to put rugs in houses like hdd
-an easier way to lay paths
-more pwps
-being able to 'lock villagers in' so they can't move, i feel like i can't take breaks from the game because someone will leave
-the ability to move villager houses/decide where they live

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I'd honestly love it if they had implemented a live map when you have visitors over that showed other players' locations. It would make having multiple guests much easier to keep track of when they split up, I get a little bit paranoid when I lose sight of some visitors if they are unfamiliar to me. Plus, a chat log to check would be nice, sometimes I wonder if I'm missing messages while transitioning areas.

I really wish that they would have expanded pattern space, kind of like they did with Happy Home Designer. I have three characters, but I don't want to have my last character slot just be a pattern holder, because then I lose the ability to plot reset entirely.

There were some cool outdoor items from HHD that would have made some cool PWPs.

Speaking of stuff from HHD, I wish I could have curtains in my house.

It would be so convenient if we could have our inventory displayed on the bottom screen, kind of like in Wild World.

I miss when the instruments played the town tune instead of...trying to play? *Mashes a on a guitar playing randomized notes*

More pattern spaces, at least 1 extra villager space and definitely being allowed to have outdoor furniture. Like your own little garden! I know that would be a bother for people as it would take up more space but I would of liked the option to be there. Other than that, I think the update is really good! I feel Nintendo actually listened to what people wanted and tried their best to make them happen!

Last edited:
I need more pattern spaces! My second character was made entirely to hold the rest of my path. Also a little annoyed that I still cant put villager pictures on walls. More villager limit? No. that would take up too much of the town and there would constantly be animals everywhere, balance people! I would say I wanted to be able to decide where I want villagers, but that technically already happened with the no plot on paths thing, I have the power! and i've seen that in HHD you can put furniture outside I think? I really wanted to put some flower furniture in my bamboo garden at one point. The campground was placed next to retail, which isn't too bad considering it could have been placed just a few more blocks down to my other cats villager district, lucky. other than that the update is pretty cool.

I wish the update had acnl not need loading screens that took forever and a day later. @_@ but that would be too good to be true. I would trade the new way of decorating furniture for little to no loading times within the game. Hands down. I feel like the loading screens are what make simple process like going into your house to access your secret storage a minute longer than it has to be. Of course that is exaggerating but that is what it feels like. I have forsaked a perfect town in order to have easy access to my tools/perfect fruit, I just have them lying next to the bulletin board, just so I don't have to deal with crazy loading times. It really makes game play horrendous for me. Otherwise, the game overall is amazing. I love acnl!

</3 Found another thing I wished it had included - letting you buy furniture on top of a table from your villagers.

I wish we could have more villager spots (12 would be great!) Also I wish the villagers would talk with each other more. I wish you could decorate villagers houses.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean you could choose to have 8-12 villagers.

Back