• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Petitions

oath2order

#Porygon2024
Bells
Switch
3883-6235-7310
Island
Longwood
Leif
Flimsy Watering Can
Golden Watering Can
Toy Hammer
Perfect Peach
Asteroid Plush
Moon Bunny
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
Ruby
Tetris Grid
You know what feature I always felt was like, really weird? Petitions. It was such a weird feature because in all the time I played, I only ever got four. Which is a shame, I wish there was more. For roleplay purposes!

The four I got were the Hair-Ball Emergency Center, Spontaneous Hopping Day (June 27 for my town), and Mandatory Snack Time (January 18 and April 6). And it's not like I rejected them, my villagers just never gave me them.

I wish they were brought back in ACNH, and made a little more common.

Were these as rare for you as they were for me?

i feel like i remember getting them semi-frequently? but after the first few times, i would turn down the request because i didn't like finding other towns to go to. i do appreciate that they added variety to the request pool and wish they'd kept them in NH (among other requests) but maybe just changed it so you could either get signatures from another island or from your own villagers, particularly for people who didn't want to/couldn't pay for online.

I used to get these frequently, though I don't remember how often. A lot of the time I'd decline because I really didn't feel like visiting another town that day. These days I could just get out my other 3DS and do it myself, but I still might not feel like it.

They aren't exactly common, but I wouldn't say they were rare for me. I've seen my fair share of the petitions in my years playing New Leaf; couldn't tell you what they were now because I hadn't played for a couple years before this event, but I know I've done multiple in the past. I thought it was a neat gimmick. Considering how little there is to do online in New Horizons, they should've brought this back as some added incentive to go visit other players' islands.

I've been time travelling forward day by day and I've gotten 2 in about ~3 months in game. I always say no to the petitions because I never have a chance to actually get signatures. I absolutely love all the silly things the villager petition about though.

I feel like I got these incredibly often. I eventually just stopped doing them because I couldn't be bothered.

my fave was ‘equal rights for gnomes’ or something like that. im too lazy to travel to another town to collect signatures so it usually just turns into a piece of scrap paper

I can't believe I forgot about the petitions! It's silly because I remember my villagers asking me to do the petition thing all the dang time!! It was frustrating at first because I was a solo player for so long 😭 I did time travel a lot so maybe it didn't feel as rare as it should have been

I've had two requests for petition signing in the last six months since I resumed playing regularly. It's easy to go to another one of our towns for sigs.

i still remember when static gave me a petition for "wigless wednesdays". def one of the funniest things i've encountered in the game lol.
anyways, they're surprisingly pretty common with me. idk why though. i never do them though because i don't have time to find a town to get sigs from.

Back