• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What do you hate about school?

What do you hate about school?

• Total voters
I hated the other children. They were disrespectful and extremely distracting, to the point that in my last year of high school, I went to each teacher before the first bell and got all the classwork and schoolwork, and then signed myself out and went home. I only stayed for school once in a while, mostly for tests and presentations and the like.

Writing papers and doing group projects. Also it just dawned on me that next year is my last year ever of actual going to classes all day for school. That's kind of sad.

The students that talk so fcking loud and make stupid noises and are somehow "cool". Also the teachers that play favorites and deny it. Good thing I'm homeschooled now. lmao

the students, the constant noise, always being surrounded by people, having to concentrate on stuff etc....

The students that talk so fcking loud and make stupid noises and are somehow "cool". Also the teachers that play favorites and deny it. Good thing I'm homeschooled now. lmao
jfc my math teacher was like that. she played favorites and everytime someone asked her "who's your favorite student?" she'd be like no one. ???

I hate how the school system in the US works. They put you in classes based on age instead of intellectual ability. I get stuck having to deal with all the dumb and obnoxious people.

Having to take lessons which serve no purpose given that i more or less know what i want to study. Not now, but a couple of years ago i had to study maths, chemistry and physics and i had pretty clear since i was 7 i didn't like the scientific branch and that i preferred the humanities branch, but oh well.

Homework can be annoying sometimes, but I mainly have an issue with the other students. Almost all of the kids at my school are douchebags. Especially with my orchestra class where most of the people in my class were too lazy to practice and brought the whole group down due to their ignorance. Plus the disrespect that comes from them is annoying to deal with.

I hate the food, Im really uncomfortable with the people in my class and the restrooms, I have never went to the toilet in my school, never! o_O

Same food choices every day. Same greasy, nasty, flavorless, stale, old food. every. single. day.

When I was a young teen I hated teachers and homework, but now I'm just so annoyed by troublemakers who drag **** out so much, during the one class they decide to show up. Just let us learn our ****.

Just to put in context, our "general" school for young teens only went til 1 pm, whereas our "work" school where you just have classes related to the job you're pursuing (for me it was excel, word, 10 finger typing, econemy and so forth) that would last until 5 pm and we had an hour break to get lunch in the city. So food was never an issue, though I don't doubt the lack of quality in school food.

Last edited by a moderator:
interactions. ik its necessary for jobs and stuff but
please dont talk to me
im not lonely
i can do this on my own

The teachers (and then subsequently the lessons) and the students. The faculty at my high school just didn't care at all. The last 2 years of high school for me were spent on my phone almost the entire day because the teachers didn't care if we learned anything & they gave us A's even if we didn't do anything. Quite disappointing, honestly. The students were mostly just rude so I avoided a good majority of them.

I hate how the school system in the US works. They put you in classes based on age instead of intellectual ability. I get stuck having to deal with all the dumb and obnoxious people.

Wait what do you mean age? Isn't everyone basically the same age anyway lmao

Wait what do you mean age? Isn't everyone basically the same age anyway lmao

That's the problem. People should be grouped based on similar intelligences rather than age when it comes to the curriculum. Fourteen year olds with the mental quota of an average college student have to work with fourteen year olds with a mental quota of an average ten year old. A "tracking" system would be much better. That way students are not taught what they already know and don't have to work with people not up to their caliber.

"In a tracking system, the entire school population is assigned to classes according to whether the students' overall achievement is above average, normal, or below average. Students attend academic classes only with students whose overall academic achievement is the same as their own." -Wikipedia

Last edited:
Back