• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you iron your clothes?

Do you iron your clothes?

• Yes, I iron my clothes for work

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Yes, I iron my clothes for personal reasons

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Sometimes for events or other occasions

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No, I don't iron my clothes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • I don't have an iron or board 🥲

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Snek

Time To Party 🎉
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Golden Watering Can
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
1000041876.jpg

Some people iron their clothes for work or for personal reasons. Some don't mind at all!

Do you like to iron your clothes? Comment below.

my mom used to iron most of our clothes growing up, but now the only person who uses our iron is my brother. it's not something i'd ever bother with, for work/interview reasons or anything else. it seems tedious, and those clothes are just going to crease/winkle again once you put them on or start moving around too much anyway, so it's always seemed like an unnecessary step to me, and as someone with chronic fatigue and limited spoons, it just makes more sense to skip. (but i can see why other people might do it.)

Not right now but I might once I move. I bought one of those ironing mat that you can put on a washer or dryer to iron things on. I do have a good iron that can also act as a steamer and I might need to use it for some event.

I only do for special occasions or work, if my uniform requires it. Otherwise I'm happy to have crinkles

I don't like ironing, and I buy clothes that aren't prone to excessive wrinkling to avoid having to do it.

I use wool dryer balls to help combat wrinkles, and I have a garment steamer I'll use occasionally if needed. Both work well! :)

Last edited:
I don't even own an iron or a board 💀

I don't mind it since most of my clothes are either supposed to get wrinkly or don't wrinkle at all. Also, wrinkles aren't really a "bad" thing imo. I think for some time it's been used as a reflection of 'how together' you have things but I genuinely don't think it's says anything about your life.

I got out looking like a hot mess in my wrinkly clothes so no. I have an iron somewhere around here though

I actually really like ironing. Seeing something so wrinkly become smooth and crisp all of the sudden is such a satisfying feeling. I don’t really need to iron anymore though since my job is stay at home mom. And even though I picked that I iron for events, I really don’t have to because I’d wear a dress.

No if something's too wrinkly. I usually just throw it in the dryer for a little bit.
I have an iron but I only use it for perler beads

steaming, but yeah. i do it for my lolita things, or if something is *super* wrinkly. most of the time though my clothes are fine

My mother used to do this years ago, though we don't do it very often as we instead have a washer and dryer that gets rid of wrinkles better.

Though if we want to implant things onto our shirts, then we use an iron.

i don’t. i don’t have an iron or board (my grandmother had one, but idk if we still have it haha), and i’m honestly not really bothered by my clothes being or looking wrinkled.

this’ll change once i have a job as if i have a uniform, i won’t want it to look wrinkled, or maybe if i’m going somewhere nice/fancy, but i’m not worried about my regular clothes looking wrinkled if i’m just going out and about.

I don't. I don't see the point when they will wrinkle anyway when you wear them. I don't have any of those tricky fabrics that wrinkle easy. And I couldn't imagine taking the time to iron things. There are just other things I'd rather do or have more importance.

Also I think most dryers have a wrinkle setting thing and if you take your clothes out right after they are done and hang them not many wrinkles will form anyway. You can always toss those fabric sheets in the dryer that help with wrinkles too.

If something was very noticeably wrinkly or if it was a special occasion I’d likely iron something but otherwise I generally just leave it as I don’t really mind if something has a few wrinkles.

No not really. Only it's really wrinkly. I am to lazy to iron everything tbh

I do when I need to! Otherwise I try not to because I have to borrow the iron + board from someone else and that becomes a hassle.

I'm usually just wearing jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, so I don't really need too. I do it for shirts.

I am way too lazy to iron my clothes most of the time...but if I need to look nice for an event, I'll do it.

Back